XPO | VPP bonus checks amounts.

Think they are going to be given out based on your service center performance after this check .
So if that's the case, you get screwed if you happen to work with a bunch of lazy bastards with bad attitudes.

What would their goal be by doing that? Trying to get the better performers to influence the poor performers into upping their game?
:idunno:

So if that's the case, you get screwed if you happen to work with a bunch of lazy bastards with bad attitudes.

What would their goal be by doing that? Trying to get the better performers to influence the poor performers into upping their game?
:idunno:
Exactly. The way it should be instead of the old way of grading on the curve. Going to be personal bonuses based on performance. Want to be lazy? No soup for you!

Going to be personal bonuses based on performance.
I've heard rumors of companies thinking about doing something like that, but haven't heard anyone confirm it.
UPS package used to have a "bonus" program at some of the package centers. It took a lot of technology to make it fair for everyone on every route, and most companies nowadays don't want to spend that kind of money to put a fair production package together.

VPP is gone. This is the last one. DM says they are trying to figure out a way to reward the people who work harder and produce...rather than the
communistic way of everyone gets the same. He knows it's going to be a difficult task to come up with something fair. He said Jacobs likes to reward people for a job well done...he doesn't reward mediocrity.

Think they are going to be given out based on your service center performance after this check .
I was told by my SCM that they are still working out the details but your bonus will be based on how much your service center made, then proformance based. So say your barn made a profit and you busted your rear end you would get a better bonus then the lazy guy who damages freight. Just a rumor tho.

I was told by my SCM that they are still working out the details but your bonus will be based on how much your service center made, then proformance based. So say your barn made a profit and you busted your rear end you would get a better bonus then the lazy guy who damages freight. Just a rumor tho.
That's why each SCM will NOW know his operating ratio were before the old con-way exc's kept that hidden for everyone. Now you will know month to month well you SC is doing

from some of the post I reading. It sound to me they could hand you a 100 bucks in cold hard cash and driver would still bitch that it wasn't enough. The company does not have to continue this in any way. Hell just look at it as free money

from some of the post I reading. It sound to me they could hand you a 100 bucks in cold hard cash and driver would still bitch that it wasn't enough. The company does not have to continue this in any way. Hell just look at it as free money

That's why each SCM will NOW know his operating ratio were before the old con-way exc's kept that hidden for everyone. Now you will know month to month well you SC is doing
Not only that, everyone knows how everyone else is doing. We have two terminals near me that have never made a penny since they opened. Run 20 grand in the red a month. Only there logistically. They always knock down the region. Why should my barn that's running a great profit be sucked down by these guys? It should be based on each terminal, and I think some SCM's will and should be made available to the industry.