XPO | VPP bonus checks amounts.

:1036316054:

God has his work cut out, to fix this mess that we witness nowadays.
God doesn't have to fix it, we do. Free will, baby! How does God permit all the stuff going on nowadays?
:1036316054:

God has his work cut out, to fix this mess that we witness nowadays.
It's not up to God to fix this mess, it's up to us. God doesn't permit all the suffering in the world, WE do. God gave us the world and everything in it to make it work. It's up to us.

VPP is gone. This is the last one. DM says they are trying to figure out a way to reward the people who work harder and produce...rather than the
communistic way of everyone gets the same. He knows it's going to be a difficult task to come up with something fair. He said Jacobs likes to reward people for a job well done...he doesn't reward mediocrity.
I was told that we were going to be going to a quarterly bonus system based on EBITDA-earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization. It will be on a per terminal basis. From what it sounds like there will be a bonus check after second quarter if your goals are met. Then it will be each quarter there after. I have heard this from more than one source.

I think that the "per terminal" bonus thing is a mistake. The reason being is that there will be opportunities for the employees to make a decision........do you do what's best for the company overall, or do you do what's best for your own terminal and say :censored: everyone else down the line? And when there is money or a bonus on the line, the decisions will be to help your own terminal, and not worry about the rest of the company. That's not teamwork, that's competition against each other. I think it's a horrible idea.

(Just throw the stuff in the trailer, and let everyone else worry about the mess that you made.)

I was told that we were going to be going to a quarterly bonus system based on EBITDA-earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization. It will be on a per terminal basis. From what it sounds like there will be a bonus check after second quarter if your goals are met. Then it will be each quarter there after. I have heard this from more than one source.
So the terminals that are running a high OR to service an inbound customer get the shaft?

I think that the "per terminal" bonus thing is a mistake. The reason being is that there will be opportunities for the employees to make a decision........do you do what's best for the company overall, or do you do what's best for your own terminal and say :censored: everyone else down the line? And when there is money or a bonus on the line, the decisions will be to help your own terminal, and not worry about the rest of the company. That's not teamwork, that's competition against each other. I think it's a horrible idea.

(Just throw the stuff in the trailer, and let everyone else worry about the mess that you made.)
Without knowing the specific details( which haven't been released yet.) don't sweat it. Once we see the specifics, we will have a better idea.

Putting the " company " first is the failed Con-way mentality. It's why we didn't have individual p&e numbers. And also why we were wasting money everywhere. Every step of the way, to moving a piece of freight, needs to make money. Or you need to take another look and put the right freight on the right truck.

Damages are charged to each individual SIC. Example: ULA loads a long box to NNA. They put a bunch of weight on a rack and it tips over damaging 6 pallets total. As long as the person at NNA marks them as damaged before docking it or loading it ULA gets charged for the damage that was caused not going against NNA aside from them having to recoup if possible.

So the terminals that are running a high OR to service an inbound customer get the shaft?
This is part of why XPO was looking g at numbers and closed 6 terminals and made some FAC SIC's dark. The revenue numbers weren't making sense. Also within the last month XPO has job openings in sales nat ion wide. They are going to be hiring people to sell all the XPO services and trying to get the Last Mile customers to use the LTL/truckload side and vice versa. I assume that means they are ready to attempt integrating our systems or maybe just the customers.

Damages are charged to each individual SIC. Example: ULA loads a long box to NNA. They put a bunch of weight on a rack and it tips over damaging 6 pallets total. As long as the person at NNA marks them as damaged before docking it or loading it ULA gets charged for the damage that was caused not going against NNA aside from them having to recoup if possible.
if that skid doesnt come to me in near pristine condition it gets written up,if a box isn't square or it has a crease in it it gets written up so who really put the crease in the box me or you? who deserves the blame you ?just because i wrote it up and you touched it last you get the blame ???? so flawed

if that skid doesnt come to me in near pristine condition it gets written up,if a box isn't square or it has a crease in it it gets written up so who really put the crease in the box me or you? who deserves the blame you ?just because i wrote it up and you touched it last you get the blame ???? so flawed
Cameras on the docks my serve as deterrents to carelessness, but in the end, the practical way to reduce damages is better training, better supervision, and progressive discipline. One other thing, if the company really wants to get the most out of the dock mentors, they need to screen those who are interested in really preventing damage and give that position some teeth. For example, the mentor will not only intervene, but after an intervention will be required to refer the incident to an FOS in writing. Oh yeah and one final thing. They need to stop hiring dock workers who can barely speak or write in English.

Last edited:
Cameras on the docks my serve as deterrents to carelessness, but in the end, the practical way to reduce damages is better training, better supervision, and progressive discipline. One other thing, if the company really wants to get the most out of the dock mentors, they need to screen those who are interested in really preventing damage and give that position some teeth. For example, the mentor will not only intervene, but after an intervention will be required to refer the incident to an FOS in writing. Oh yeah and one final thing. They need to stop hiring dock workers who can barely speak or write in English.

Are we hiring dock workers anywhere ? All I keep hearing about is more and more of them being let go. We drivers are losing our cushion. By the end of the year we might not need to worry about dock hands doing anything.

We have some very good dock hands here. It would be very different without them.
I hear ya, we do too, but we also have some not so good ones. Same goes for drivers. It's so slow now that we have eliminated several dock workers so drivers can get their hours.