VW workers at Tennessee plant reject union

Discussion in 'Politics' started by slavenomore, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

I couldn't tell you for sure but I heard a talking head say the way we have our electoral college only one of the two parties could ever win.

2. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

If you don't think that having the highest corporate tax rate in the World and ridiculously strict regulations doesn't affect a company's bottom line.........you aren't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

You guys want high wages, but won't cut back on the ridiculous regulations and taxes. Well.........you ain't getting both.

3. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

There you go, High Tax's & strick regulations, just what you said you didn't say
    You can claim high corporate Tax but we hear every year Big Corporations not paying a dime and getting money back.
    Corporation only pay about 10% of the revenues to the government it use to be way higher.
    And personal income tax is so much higher in most other countries that you won't catch these CEO's moving over there.

How about that company who spilled all the chemicals in the drinking water in West Virginia or Duke Powers massive spill of power plant burnt coal sludge flooding the rivers?
    North Carolina was covering up for Duke, claiming the hazardous chemicals in the river was not above safe standards, when it is.

4. Northern Flash

Say what? You must be losing it.

The rates are high, and the big corps pay big bucks to avoid the taxes. That's no big surprise. So why wouldn't they move overseas to avoid the high taxes and regulations to have a better bottom line, because then, they don't have the expense going out to help avoid the taxes.

BTW.....The Chemical spills should ALL be cleaned up at the company's expense. But we don't stop flying airplanes just because we have a plane crash.

5. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

That was the 302 right...

6. Starkravinloon

That is correct.. We're actually under a handicap with the EC....

7. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Active Member

[​IMG]

8. Woody

Woody Sons of Trump

F-250, 460, ..... MAn truck.

9. Woody

Woody Sons of Trump

Chicks must still dig you !...

10. Starkravinloon

Had one Woodrow, wouldn't pass up a gas station to save your neck....LOL.. But Ford has never been against building a gas guzzler...

11. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Active Member

I had an '86 LX 5.0 5 speed coupe, first year of EFI. I kept it 16 years before it got wiped out in an ice storm. I often wish I had kept it, but then I would have never bought the '93 so it worked out.

In 1987 I was shopping for a new Camaro. I caught the Chevy salesman in a blatant lie, an unnecessary one at that, went right across the street to the Ford dealer and was shown the '86 LX. Last Mustang on the lot with the '87s arriving the next day.

The Stang was $11,000 and the heavier and slower Z28 was $17,000. Man, that guy did me a huge favor; served him right.

12. Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly Drat, Double Drat, and Triple Drat!

Great color. I love the cowl hood too.

13. Woody

Woody Sons of Trump

Had three of them for workers. .. 4tons over weight "never" let me down.

14. Pup Driver

Pup Driver Well-Known Member

Glad you said in most cases . 44 years and the union never had to fight for my job . Still am proud to be a TEAMSTER . Our union never did anything that would bring shame . Better pension than any nonunion company could offer . Once the unions are gone they will soon be needed ya can bank on that .

15. Black Knight

Black Knight Member

Unfortunately I disagree. Once they are gone no one will care, as they dont now (except union membership who rely on them). For the most part they have out lived their usefullness. They were much neded in the past, and did good things. But, they have gotten to be no better then those employers they fought before. Cheat, steal, and line their pockets, just like any other business. They have forgotten those who have built them, the rank and file, and now concentrate on lining their pockets. The missing Hoffa was for the rank and file, this Hoffa is all for himself. Done with my rant, have a nice day/evening/night, whatever.

16. Toby

Toby Well-Known Member

That's why they had twin tanks, one just to get you to the next station :) I have had both the 250 and the 150, currently have a 150. in the ten years 118,000 miles I have had it I have never had a major issue. Pulled the boat many of those miles as well.. Great trucks!

17. Starkravinloon

Yes sir, it was a stud now...

18. Starkravinloon

Leadership has changed the unions PD.. It's not our fathers union anymore, not is it the one we started in..Good to see on here my friend...

19. Northern Flash

I said in most cases for a reason........I meant it. I've had some co-workers that busted their butt every day and did the right thing everyday. But then I also had many that were just the opposite.

The Teamsters members need to vote in new leadership or break away from the Teamsters and form a union that actually cares about their members. The easiest thing would be to vote out Hoffa. And it needs to be done asap......before it's too late.

20. Pup Driver

Pup Driver Well-Known Member

Hey Loon, Happy New Year to you and yours . I can't speak 100 % to what goes on at other locals but I can say that with our local in Chicago its probably one if not the best in the nation . When they set up our pension fund in 1958 our leadership had the foresight to not let it get entwined with the international . Even with the loss of so many union companies not paying into the pension our pension is still making money . We have in our fund for only Chicago over a billion and a couple hundred million and its making money every month . Yeah we got some very good actuaries .:1036316054: