VW workers at Tennessee plant reject union

Discussion in 'Politics' started by slavenomore, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Pup Driver

Pup Driver Well-Known Member

Well they had better start to care . There is a very good article (8 ways America headed back to the robber-baron era) by Erik Loomis . You would have to Google that . Unfortunately I haven't learned how to post articles to T/B . ( maybe someday ,sorry. )I found it to be a very good read . O btw your right about Hoffa .

2. autocar65

autocar65 Local 767

I heard my father complain that there are Teamsters that as long as they get what they want, pensions...and get 50 feet away from the building on the day they retire. The whole building could fall down on all his Union Brothers and they wouldn't care. And, when the Union member becomes as selfish as the board member. Unionism is finished. If you want to rid the Union of corruption, you are going to have to replace the corrupt with the in-corrupt. Most Union members are too selfish to attend a Union meeting much less contribute a moment of their time to the Union.

Sooner or later we either become comfortable with corruption or we make the corruption become uncomfortable with us. I would say right now, Americans are pretty comfortable with corruption Political or Union. And that is why may soon lose our place as an economic superpower.....We are just too dammed lazy to hang on to it.

Men are selfish. Some become successful and wealthy from it and the rest set around and bellyache.

3. Pup Driver

Pup Driver Well-Known Member

I would agree and and those are the same guys that more times than not will vote for a party that is hostel to the unions . Go figure.

4. autocar65

autocar65 Local 767

I think the biggest enemy of the Union is the same enemy we all have to face down from time to time. I can appreciate that as time goes on, we are drifting away from our foundation. Liberals no longer crave liberty and Republicans no longer embrace Conservative ideas. Democrats hate majority rule and Republicans don't like being constrained by law. If you sat a Union official down as asked him if he has ever heard of Samuel Gompers? You might get a blank stare. Union members, like most Americans never study their history or even understand the source of their strength.

Humans are their own worst enemies after all. Reason is tossed out the window in exchange for passionate name calling. This is why Democrats like Joseph Lieberman are becoming extinct.

5. Northern Flash

Northern Flash OBAMA'S CREATION.

My Union Brothers would get mad at me quite often after our Union meetings. I'd walk in to work the Monday after a Union meeting and they'd ask me how the meeting went and what was said. My reply would be, "you should have went and you'd know what was said." Then after I heard their lame excuse for why they didn't go to the meeting, I'd say "yep, I have other things that I could have been doing also, but our future was more important". Most times, I wouldn't even tell them what they missed at the meeting.
    The biggest share of my co-workers were only members when they got themselves in a jam and need the Union support. Other than that, they were just dues paying Meesters.

6. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Some seem to think the real need for Unions are something out of the past when things were tough, things were differant.They say it's not important to them today and hey there has been coruption involved at one time or another in leadership.

But then these same people may say things today aren't going to well for them, wages don't keep up with inflation, health care costs are up,hard to find employment you know stuff like that.
    But things will be wonderful again when Obama's gone:regretful::regretful:

I would say GAWD Help US!
    but we have to help ourselves:1036316054:

[​IMG]

7. Northern Flash

Things can't get any worse once Obama's gone........even if Jimmy Carter gets another shot.lol

And I thought Barry was going to fix all of this stuff that you mentioned above.

Here, let me save you from typing out a post.....

"Barry is having trouble digging out from the mess that Bush left him with."

8. Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly Drat, Double Drat, and Triple Drat!

Why do you all still bring up Bush?

9. Northern Flash

Try to keep up. Maybe consult Mags before posting????

10. Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly Drat, Double Drat, and Triple Drat!

He didn't bring up Bush, you did. Try and keep up. I know it's tough for you.

11. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

You guys are something else..LOL

12. Northern Flash

It's cheap entertainment. In my normal life, I don't usually get to chat with people that have an IQ in single digits. lol

13. Woody

Woody Sons of Trump

You made the list....