WA.Walgreens semi Rolled Over.

Just another of the many drivers that are TOO STUPID to be driving for a living.
Is it just me or has there been an INCREASE in truck accidents/wrecks in the last few years not just aligned with the 11 hour driving rule??

We live in a country where everyone seems to be expected to be proficent at driving, even though some people will *never* be good at it. Just like some people can't play music, write poetry or a hundred other things, there are those who will never be good drivers, ever. This guy was driving in good weather, no top heavy load and he still managed to flip it over. This should be a mandatory revocation of his CDL until he can prove his safety to a real professional driver, but as you say, the level of stupid drivers like this one is increasing every year. I wish I had an answer to the mess the trucking biz has become, but I don't.

I read stories like this and I sit here and think that I hope I never get to be as good of a driver as this one thought he was. I see people who just think that they are awesome and that they can handle any situation and I just think well your big one is coming soon then.
I just want to maintain the always learning mentality, because when you start thinking you now it all, well:TR10driving03:

I read stories like this and I sit here and think that I hope I never get to be as good of a driver as this one thought he was. I see people who just think that they are awesome and that they can handle any situation and I just think well your big one is coming soon then.
I just want to maintain the always learning mentality, because when you start thinking you now it all, well:TR10driving03:

Quite true. Even after over 30 years in this biz, I still pick up something new every now and then, and I know that as good as I am, there are those that have me bested in a contest of skills.

Too bad this guy didn't learn to slow it down more. He is probably getting paid by the hour, so whats the rush?

I was a city driver for 45 years.
Every once in a while when a ran a special where it was not on my daily route.
I'd back into a customers dock,or wherever they took in their freight.
A receiver,sometimes even the owner of smaller companies would meet me as I was exiting my cab.
They always had big smiles on their faces,even people who I had never met before.
They all would say stuff like wow driver that was amazing every other driver that comes here has such a hard time backing in this place.
I'd tell them I have been practicing for 40,or more years and I also had Jesus helping me back it up.

Funny how they didn't care to hear anything about Jesus,and all of the years I had under my belt.
But would say I did good for just practicing.

I was a city driver for 45 years.
Every once in a while when a ran a special where it was not on my daily route.
I'd back into a customers dock,or wherever they took in their freight.
A receiver,sometimes even the owner of smaller companies would meet me as I was exiting my cab.
They always had big smiles on their faces,even people who I had never met before.
They all would say stuff like wow driver that was amazing every other driver that comes here has such a hard time backing in this place.
I'd tell them I have been practicing for 40,or more years and I also had Jesus helping me back it up.

Funny how they didn't care to hear anything about Jesus,and all of the years I had under my belt.
But would say I did good for just practicing.

Wow, 45 years! That's a long, long time as a city driver, Apostolic.

It'd be a wonder if you couldn't back around a corner with that kind of time in the seat.

Me, I never passed up a chance to practice backing myself, particularly blindside backing, if I had the time and I didn't have to fight with traffic, backing in off the street, that is.

I kind of miss the P&D work too, as I could shoot the bull with the help sometimes, but at my age its best I stay in line-haul, before my back goes out like it does with lots of drivers who run the city pickups and drops.

Yes sir I started holding a steering wheel in my city back in the days of no air conditioned trucks or power steering.
Back in the 60's when no lady could ever be a trucker,unless she was a very strong person.

I call those days the bad old days,almost everything we did to deliver,and make pickups was all by hand loading on the floor.
Mostly hand freight skids were few back in those days.

Also I might ad there was no such animal as hours of service.

These times now in trucking are way easier,and a lot safer I might ad.