ODFL | Wage meeting

My city brethern, OT is deserved, should've been given a long time ago. As a linehaul driver, I'm satisfied with .6378 cpm for northern miles. I'd rather have better health insurance than a raise with health insurance through United Scam-Care. This insurance company makes a doctor have a consultation meeting if a box of tissues is given to a patient.

My city brethern, OT is deserved, should've been given a long time ago. As a linehaul driver, I'm satisfied with .6378 cpm for northern miles. I'd rather have better health insurance than a raise with health insurance through United Scam-Care. This insurance company makes a doctor have a consultation meeting if a box of tissues is given to a patient.
I agree with both. But the reality is health insurance isn't getting cheaper... So show me the money!!!

OD Will never voluntarily start paying us overtime. If we are all in agreement it's time to put the pressure on them. Keep in mind the best operating ratio in the industry is because of US. All of us that sacrifice our time with our families to help them succeed. Think of all the things you miss, the time you will never get back and this company is raking in the cash. It needs to change now. Its time they share it with the guys who get them there. It is unacceptable that the most profitable company has the worst overtime policy.

OD Will never voluntarily start paying us overtime. If we are all in agreement it's time to put the pressure on them. Keep in mind the best operating ratio in the industry is because of US. All of us that sacrifice our time with our families to help them succeed. Think of all the things you miss, the time you will never get back and this company is raking in the cash. It needs to change now. Its time they share it with the guys who get them there. It is unacceptable that the most profitable company has the worst overtime policy.

Not disagreeing with what we sacrifice, but to say we have the worst overtime policy isn't true either. There are a lot of companies that don't offer overtime and pay a lot less than we do. I've been on all sides of this, union/nonunion/hourly/salary. No one ever says a word about the salary folks that put in all kinds of hours that don't make any extra money for more hours. We all still make a great living regardless of what your opinion is. Overtime would be great, but even if we never see it I am still happy where I'm at. This won't be a popular post, but I'm allowed to express my opinion and think that sometimes we should take a step back and put things into perspective. Once again, we chose to work here, no one forced us.

Not disagreeing with what we sacrifice, but to say we have the worst overtime policy isn't true either. There are a lot of companies that don't offer overtime and pay a lot less than we do. I've been on all sides of this, union/nonunion/hourly/salary. No one ever says a word about the salary folks that put in all kinds of hours that don't make any extra money for more hours. We all still make a great living regardless of what your opinion is. Overtime would be great, but even if we never see it I am still happy where I'm at. This won't be a popular post, but I'm allowed to express my opinion and think that sometimes we should take a step back and put things into perspective. Once again, we chose to work here, no one forced us.

My point is we don't have to accept it. I don't know about your terminal but at mine they are begging guys to work as much as possible. They NEED us. Don't forget how valuable we are. Everyone wants to say "be happy you have a job" or "it could be worse". If your good at what you do and you step up and offer to help when they ask you deserve extra. You'll never get more unless you ask for it. No one gets ahead by bending over.

My point is we don't have to accept it. I don't know about your terminal but at mine they are begging guys to work as much as possible. They NEED us. Don't forget how valuable we are. Everyone wants to say "be happy you have a job" or "it could be worse". If your good at what you do and you step up and offer to help when they ask you deserve extra. You'll never get more unless you ask for it. No one gets ahead by bending over.
I can respect that. Just giving some food for thought. We are the best because of all of us.

Quit using the term other companies,, we're not other companies and most other companies outside the industry pay OT. We shouldn't be any different. With the cash we're making the company it's time for the cheap Congdons to pony up.
Billy would be a great John Valjean!! Viva La Billy!!

Most salary based employees recieve bonuses to compensate them for their "extra time". But pay is only a small part of this. It's about valuing your employees and industry standards. Hourly work is based off a 40 hour work week. If they are not willing to pay overtime guys should be able to clock out after 8 with no repercussions or retaliation from the company.

You guys absolutely amaze me on this post!! I'm a line haul driver for OD and I'm sure that when you guys took the job at OD,y'all were told that they did not pay ot until after you worked 60 hours. Now,with that being said,I'm sure you guys had the opportunity to either not take the job that was offered to you or stay at the current employer that you were working at. So,why now start the uproar about not getting paid ot after I'm sure you guys have worked at OD for sometime now.

You guys absolutely amaze me on this post!! I'm a line haul driver for OD and I'm sure that when you guys took the job at OD,y'all were told that they did not pay ot until after you worked 60 hours. Now,with that being said,I'm sure you guys had the opportunity to either not take the job that was offered to you or stay at the current employer that you were working at. So,why now start the uproar about not getting paid ot after I'm sure you guys have worked at OD for sometime now.
It's not an uproar... It's a conversation. If you can't handle it it's probably best to not comment. This company has changed and grown over the last 10 years. The industry as a whole has changed. When you keep being told "you're the reason for our success" but don't back it up, it starts to fall on deaf ears. When you brag about your industry leading OR but don't reward the people who make that possible, do you really value them as employees?

Nobody is asking OD to make us the highest paid or put a pay package together that will bankrupt the company. Just give our city drivers the respect they deserve and the pay that proves you do appreciate them going above and beyond what's asked. An employee that feels appreciated will always go the extra mile.

It doesn't matter why we originally took the job. Just because we put up with it for years doesn't make it right. You're happy with your pay rate as a line haul driver, that's great. There are a lot of things I do like about OD which is why I'm still here. I've always thought we as city drivers busting our asses all day often skipping our breaks to get the job done deserve ot. I think it's sad that the company doesn't see that. Once again I hear that tone of "don't like it quit". That's a cop out attitude. This company wasn't what it is today when I started. All of us that have been here for years helped get them where they are. They are profitable enough to improve the overtime policy. But they never will we sit back and accept whatever they give us.