ODFL | Wage meeting

Most salary based employees recieve bonuses to compensate them for their "extra time". But pay is only a small part of this. It's about valuing your employees and industry standards. Hourly work is based off a 40 hour work week. If they are not willing to pay overtime guys should be able to clock out after 8 with no repercussions or retaliation from the company.
Salary employees don't receive bonuses to "make up" for their time. The only salary employees that receive any bonus of substance is a service center manager or higher. Your safety bonus is higher than what any dock supervisor gets. Again, I'm not disagreeing that it would be nice. I think it would be great, but I think it's being made a bigger deal than what it really is. Like they are forcing us to work here with no o/t.

Quit using the term other companies,, we're not other companies and most other companies outside the industry pay OT. We shouldn't be any different. With the cash we're making the company it's time for the cheap Congdons to pony up.

When people say "Industry standard" it is about us and other companies in comparison. No one is disagreeing that it would be nice to get paid o/t or that we don't deserve it, just tired of people acting like it's the worst thing in the world and that we are treated like dirt for pennies. Not true. I'm just giving a different perspective while respecting everyone else's opinion.

When people say "Industry standard" it is about us and other companies in comparison. No one is disagreeing that it would be nice to get paid o/t or that we don't deserve it, just tired of people acting like it's the worst thing in the world and that we are treated like dirt for pennies. Not true. I'm just giving a different perspective while respecting everyone else's opinion.

Ok, No overtime. When I say I'm done for the day I'm done. Don't keep me out late or beg for more. When you ask for more your saying you need me and if that's the case I'm worth a little extra.

Ok, No overtime. When I say I'm done for the day I'm done. Don't keep me out late or beg for more. When you ask for more your saying you need me and if that's the case I'm worth a little extra.
I'm not going to argue. I'd say o/t after 45-50hrs would be fair. I personally work a minimum of 50hrs a week and dont think anything of it. I hope we get it someday. Just not going to break my heart if we don't.

I'm not going to argue. I'd say o/t after 45-50hrs would be fair. I personally work a minimum of 50hrs a week and dont think anything of it. I hope we get it someday. Just not going to break my heart if we don't.

I agree. The policy just needs to be improved so we're not out there 12 to 14 hour days sometimes and by the end of the week end up nothing extra to compensate us.

I agree. The policy just needs to be improved so we're not out there 12 to 14 hour days sometimes and by the end of the week end up nothing extra to compensate us.
Agreed. I know that is excessive. Our guys don't work that around here, so it's hard to relate. I'd bet we average as a whole (25 drivers) about 48hrs a week. Obviously, you have the guys that work more, but most are in the low 40's.

I'll bet Billy does more hard productive work in a day than all you guys combined do in a week.

Salary employees don't receive bonuses to "make up" for their time. The only salary employees that receive any bonus of substance is a service center manager or higher. Your safety bonus is higher than what any dock supervisor gets. Again, I'm not disagreeing that it would be nice. I think it would be great, but I think it's being made a bigger deal than what it really is. Like they are forcing us to work here with no o/t.
True for the most part. I would say the difference for salaried employees is they can negotiate their price. Also recieve other perks like company cars.
I agree also that money isn't everything, but this company has grown by leaps and bounds over the last ten years. It may not be a deal breaker for most of us but new blood coming to this industry has a choice as to whom they want to drive for. Company's like FedEx, UPS, and Xpo only hired experienced drivers. Now if you have a heartbeat and can pass a drug test they'll take you. The game has changed, I don't want to see us get left behind.

Agreed. I know that is excessive. Our guys don't work that around here, so it's hard to relate. I'd bet we average as a whole (25 drivers) about 48hrs a week. Obviously, you have the guys that work more, but most are in the low 40's.
I'd be willing to bet most our P&D guys are over 50 hours a week. I know we do that running line but 50 hours in the city is different.

Thank you lord Washington for not letting this company screw me out of my OT. I'm pulling 60 plus hours a week now all ot after 40. So many of our guys are injured or can't pass a physical bc of all the stupid rules now that we're very short handed.

I ran 30 stops today and 4 trailers. I just kept them going and let me tell you it was Friday heavy. One driver had a delivery he refused to do with a pup, so I swung by even with my long box took the skid from him and delivered it myself. You ain't gonna believe it but everyone was impressed saying they ain't ever seen a truck get in their lot like that. Anything to keep a promise. Billy out.

Thank you lord Washington for not letting this company screw me out of my OT. I'm pulling 60 plus hours a week now all ot after 40. So many of our guys are injured or can't pass a physical bc of all the stupid rules now that we're very short handed.

I ran 30 stops today and 4 trailers. I just kept them going and let me tell you it was Friday heavy. One driver had a delivery he refused to do with a pup, so I swung by even with my long box took the skid from him and delivered it myself. You ain't gonna believe it but everyone was impressed saying they ain't ever seen a truck get in their lot like that. Anything to keep a promise. Billy out.

God job Billy, you deserve an ATTABOY for sure.
Be careful how you start your sentence, "you ain't gonna believe this" You almost turned it into a truck drivers tale.
Congrats on the OT, be no grass cutting for you this week.

And you deserve more as well for the amount of stres and headache that is placed on low to middle level management. But to your point about being forced to work without overtime, if by saying forced you mean that we could choose another employer, no we aren't forced. However, we are forced to work without overtime. We can't clock out at 8 with no reprocussion. We are forced to stay until the job is done. Often more than 12 hours. They constantly tell us we are the basis for the company's success, but when it comes to honoring the actual time spent at work, away from home and missing evening activities with the family, that time is looked at as if it were the middle of the day and we've only been at work 3 hours. That's what I think is wrong. Exorbitant time from home should be rewarded higher than regular hours at work.

Reactions: Ump
And you deserve more as well for the amount of stres and headache that is placed on low to middle level management. But to your point about being forced to work without overtime, if by saying forced you mean that we could choose another employer, no we aren't forced. However, we are forced to work without overtime. We can't clock out at 8 with no reprocussion. We are forced to stay until the job is done. Often more than 12 hours. They constantly tell us we are the basis for the company's success, but when it comes to honoring the actual time spent at work, away from home and missing evening activities with the family, that time is looked at as if it were the middle of the day and we've only been at work 3 hours. That's what I think is wrong. Exorbitant time from home should be rewarded higher than regular hours at work.
I 100% agree with exorbitant amounts of time. Like I said, it's hard to relate when our guys aren't working it here. It will be interesting to see what the wage meeting looks like this year.

We're up around 56-58 down in the south
They getting over 60 down there at your sister term.Got a driver who transferred and he worked 63 hours last week.I been getting around 55 a week.Had almost 59 in Thurs. when I punched out.Has been crazy.I have made comment's to other driver's about the OT.Just trying to test the water's and they clam shut and don't want to get involved.They are afraid that they will loose hour's if OT rules change.I have just stopped saying anything.I don't agree with what is going on.To me is it worth loosing my job over it? Nooooooooooo!!