ODFL | Wage meeting

I have said this for year.Not really the raise.But,Safety Bonus should play in part with ROI's.I bet them number's would really come down if Bonus or raise would play into it.lol
What is your terminal set at ROI based? Ours used to want us below .50 now they want us below .30..

I just wish they would increase the linehaul drop and hook pay or give a flat rate of one half hour to do drop and half hour to do hook..and increase the breakdown pay. It would also be nice to get delay pay if you are waiting for your trailers to close after your gate time. The CPM is good where it is in my opinion.

What is your terminal set at ROI based? Ours used to want us below .50 now they want us below .30..
Ours is .20, I stay right at .01 every week. Not bad for pulling up to 105,000 over some 6% and 4% grades. California state law is the driver's are paid by the hour. Thus they don't get hook and drop pay. I'm not sure what the rate of pay is.

Last edited:
Ours is .20, I stay right at .01 every week. Not bad for pulling up to 105,000 over some 6% and 4% grades. California state law is the driver's are paid by the hour. Thus they don't get hook and drop pay. I'm not sure what the rate of pay is.
Good thing for you Fli, cause you know Billys watching!

Hourly "On Duty not Driving" pays at $10.50.But they back out .33 hour equal to 2 10 minute breaks at something like $37/hour.Beyond that all your time is paid at that lower rate.So a via is losing money.Sometimes I'm a little slow.So if I break hook and go to bathroom/wash up it an hour at the most.Usually a little less depending.So not even 10.50 compared to $12.

Hourly "On Duty not Driving" pays at $10.50.But they back out .33 hour equal to 2 10 minute breaks at something like $37/hour.Beyond that all your time is paid at that lower rate.So a via is losing money.Sometimes I'm a little slow.So if I break hook and go to bathroom/wash up it an hour at the most.Usually a little less depending.So not even 10.50 compared to $12.
If I took an hour every time I hit a terminal my 6 trip nights would only allow 8 hrs of drive time. More trips less drive time

Obviously it's closer to a half hour most of the time. But if you do 6 trips then you already know those $12 will add up pretty quick.Which was my point

If I remember right, it was two line boys (song and myself) arguing for OT, against all the scared city drivers worried their hours would be cut.
I think Billy has reason to be upset with you Ump, you stole his goats, really hurt his part time job, plus his boss man's grass
not looking good.