ODFL | Wage meetings

Had ours in SEA on 6/18. No plans (yet) to change the employer match on 401k but the discretionary match is based on exceeding the earnings forecast. OR was at a 96.6 up from 91.6 last year, but that is due to ramping up on new (yes new) tractors to " have the horses in the pen" IF there is an increase in freight due to the untimely demise of a certain large competitor. NO COLA INCREASE, but they would continue step increases if you weren't topped out in your division (IE a 2 yr driver that reaches 3 yrs would get that increase, but a sr driver would not get a raise if he was topped out).

There is also no increase in medical. They said with the increases in cost that the company is absorbing, it comes to an increase of about 2.34 an hour.

Finally, no middle or upper management raises.

The biggest plus I took away from the meeting was that (having an accounting background btw) that the company was actually able to turn a profit while ramping up on tractors, and increasing infrastructure. The increases in terminal sizes at strategic locations to me is impressive. SEA alone is jumping from 51 doors to 94 doors next month, and I think (correct me if i'm wrong) the new terminal in SAC is a huge increase as well. Tough times, and we're still expanding. The only way you do that is with solid management.

it does seem to be working.OD has moved no less than 10 terminals in the last 12 months to larger buildings.OD apparently has the right people in the right place at this time.GO OD