Wage Reduction

jmsconstantino

TB Lurker
Credits
I've been asked to stay off these boards and "not" express my opinion. I cannot stay quiet anymore.
This wage reduction will NOT effect my household budget at all, I am already living above what I make, I do not live extravagant, I just have 3 children and a wife (that has been un-employed since last October), I could not afford to re-finance my house, so it was foreclosed on. I could not afford to pay for my truck, so I had to give it back to GMAC. Right now I fight with myself every week as to what bill do I pay, and how do I feed my family with what is left? I know that I am not the only one out there in this situation, but in my house it seems like things are just getting worse.
I need to continue to work for NEMF!!!! If MS decides to close terminals, or severely cut staff, and I lose my job, my kids do not eat, it's that simple for me. My vote has to be Yes, I need to live to fight another day!!! Yes guys "THIS SUCKS", but again our backs are against the wall. I just hope that MS remembers this, and when times are better we get treated well. I am putting my "faith" in this company, in the hopes that we will be one of the last one's standing!!!!!

I'll take the 5% percent cut before I start somewhere else at the bottom and start at 70% And see how much your"e paying for your insurance there I'll take my chances with nemf

I've been asked to stay off these boards and "not" express my opinion. I cannot stay quiet anymore.
This wage reduction will NOT effect my household budget at all, I am already living above what I make, I do not live extravagant, I just have 3 children and a wife (that has been un-employed since last October), I could not afford to re-finance my house, so it was foreclosed on. I could not afford to pay for my truck, so I had to give it back to GMAC. Right now I fight with myself every week as to what bill do I pay, and how do I feed my family with what is left? I know that I am not the only one out there in this situation, but in my house it seems like things are just getting worse.
I need to continue to work for NEMF!!!! If MS decides to close terminals, or severely cut staff, and I lose my job, my kids do not eat, it's that simple for me. My vote has to be Yes, I need to live to fight another day!!! Yes guys "THIS SUCKS", but again our backs are against the wall. I just hope that MS remembers this, and when times are better we get treated well. I am putting my "faith" in this company, in the hopes that we will be one of the last one's standing!!!!!

And who asked you to stay off the boards??

I'll take the 5% percent cut before I start somewhere else at the bottom and start at 70% And see how much your"e paying for your insurance there I'll take my chances with nemf

Sorry but I have to:

FXNL starts at .521 cpm. Just so you know.......

They will still complain - even if you kiss up! ;)

Go luck to you and your family in these tough times.....

Sorry but I have to:

FXNL starts at .521 cpm. Just so you know.......

Yea that's great, but, do they have enough openings for all that would lose their jobs? The answer is no, therefore most of the drivers would be going to jobs that start you out at a lower rate. How about insurance? How much do you pay there? How about a pension, what do they have to offer? Don't forget starting at the bottom you will be working weekends and holidays and may be living by the phone. I will personally vote to accept it, and continue with life as usual.

Yup, 52.1 cpm is great, no doubt.

Reality is that being on the bottom of a board for a big outfit like them sucks! Live by the phone, get 3000 miles this week and 1200 next week, all on fri sat and sun.

I'm not getting rich here, but I've grown used to the lifestyle that comes with some senority. I go to work at the same time, do the same run and make about the same amount of money every week. Losing 5% of that will suck, but in reality it's only about 3% in take home.

Sounds crazy but all you have to do is work 1 hour a day o/t to make up the 5% cut! I know at my barn that easy to do with dumb management we have!

we all need our jobs..anybody would be a fool to not say yes..it's a one time hit ...we shall overcome since we all have to eat

So there is work enough for OT and for weekend work, but not enough to honor the contract that he presented to us? Hmmmmm, OK

First off, you don't work here, so what do you mean by "the contract that he presented to us?" Did he offer you anything at all? I think not. As far as there being enough work, yes there is enough work, but the revenue is not there, so they would like to get more production for the same payout.

The two contract offers that I did receive where always followed by, "that's my final and best offer take it or leave it". You know that this is true - or where you hired after the last contract was accepted?

Why do you continue to point out whether or not I work at NEMF at this time? How does that affect logic? Does someone lose the ability to discuss the USA if you are living abroad, do you lose the freedom to argue the quality of an automobile manufacturer that you no longer own? I think not.

I know the situation. I am passionate about it and I have your interests in mind. You shouldn't fall into the blame game and point fingers at me.

Besides, I can't be that bad - I also have a Boston Terrier! ;)