Wage Reduction

I can definitley identify with your situation. I am a city driver for YRC, I also have three kids and a wife at home who has not earned a paycheck for 16 years. I have been through a bankruptcy, and lost my home to forclosure in 2006. We at YRC have taken a 15% paycut but like you, I have no choice but to keep moving forward. We have been living paycheck to paycheck since my 16 year old Daughter was an infant so not much has really changed for us with the recent cuts. The thing I am worried about now is the possible merger of New Penn into YRC. If that happens I am out of a job because I dont think my 10 years seniority will be enough to make the cut. Best of luck to you and don't ever give up!!

We do have a chance to get that 5% back

Just being prepared, makes sense, they are gonna need more drivers anyway, especially with this new agreement with the carrier from Canada, sounds like a boat load of freight coming and going across the borders.

Everyone trying to figure out if he shuts this down or not, I look at the past to peer into the future, if he's willing to shut it down now, he'll be willing to shut it down in six months too, after they make money from the drivers wages.

Just cant go for this the way it was written.

Language of what is said, or written means everything here, to gray for me, like I said before, if this proposed pay cut thing said "after "this or that happen" you (the drivers) WILL get your 5% back, I might be able to bring myself to help out, BUT, because the language says, "after this happens we can sit down and talk about negotiating your 5% back", nope, that just means your never gonna get it back, too bad for you guys, cant you read between the lines?

MS is a very shrewd man, wasnt that what the article stated? He isnt about to offer it back, he wants you (the drivers) to give it up, and if you dont, I'll shut ya down.

I just dont think so. I'll roll the dice and keep what I have, unless, the language is changed to "you give this up and "this Happens", you'll get the 5% back withing 90 days, and maybe a bonus for helping out.:woohoo1:

WHY oh WHY does it not read like that? Doesnt that bother anyone else? I mean really, the contract U have now is filled with non defined language, nothing is black and white, its all a big gray ball of crap.:nutkick:

HE wants it that way for a reason folks.:Bondage:

I'm NO unless they want to regroup and change some language, then I could honestly consider it, not now though.

I look at the I.A.M. and have to ask, Why does it read the way it does?:nono:

We do have a chance to get that 5% back if any North East Trucking Co folds, we go back to the table within 6 months, that's the written agreement.

We do have a chance to get that 5% back if any North East Trucking Co folds, we go back to the table within 6 months, that's the written agreement.

Everyone assumes that "going back to the table" means returning the 5%. He might just as easily demand 5% more due to "increased economical turmoil" or some other such nonsense!

Once the genie escapes, all bets are off.

They might, but I doubt it, there is a lot of good things going on

Everyone assumes that "going back to the table" means returning the 5%. He might just as easily demand 5% more due to "increased economical turmoil" or some other such nonsense!

Once the genie escapes, all bets are off.

They might, but I doubt it, there is a lot of good things going on as we speak. I can elaborate more the 1st week of October, did you notice of all the hiring being done of drivers P&D, and LH, in the last 3 weeks.

There have been massive layoffs the last 2 years at nemf man...this uptick might be just that...when december rolls around again the heads might roll again....cmon broda..this is truckin..whos busy in december, jan feb?????

"if a carrier goes out of business"...it looks like everyone is hangin in there.

There have been massive layoffs the last 2 years at nemf man...this uptick might be just that...when december rolls around again the heads might roll again....cmon broda..this is truckin..whos busy in december, jan feb?????

"if a carrier goes out of business"...it looks like everyone is hangin in there.

I personally believe that will not happen in most of the larger terminals this year. Look for my posts in October, they might tell you why I feel that way.

I HOPE NOT MAD....AND I KNOW NEMF will be pushing this new rollout soon to help business, but i they have no integrity and ethics...its all smoke and mirrors . i have seen and heard of way to much BS...GOOD LUCK BROTHA

imovaherenow, I am calling you out

imovaherenow, I am calling you out. Who do you work for ?
Let's see what kind of guy you really are.

imovaherenow is YRC.

I haven't found any forum visitor posting violations by he or steelmiller. Please calm down and stay on topic. Everyone knows now that he is YRC. Steel miller is FXN.