XPO | Wages in your area.

Devil's Advocate and I'm not being sarcastic nor condescending.

What has happened without them?

We all know that XPO is dragging their feet and trying to "starve" them out until they give up and vote it out.
I cannot speak for Miami or Texas, but in Aurora most of us are doing fine, I haven't always ran great, but I do run everyday and I can work as much as I want.
Some of the drivers above me have better runs than me, but are still unhappy.
When I do decide I have had enough, I will go to FedEx or OD like most of my coworkers through out the system as I do not feel much will be accomplished waiting on a contract.

Exactly. This raise is a failure on all levels. It didn't improve starting wages to attract new hires or keep up with the top tiers around town to keep the experienced drivers. Double whammy.
Just started 2 months ago here in Tx (hou). This didn't help my decision at all. Bigg freaking joke to not increase starting wages and even to attract new drivers. Now looking for other options outside XPO. 38 YEAR DRIVER

Just started 2 months ago here in Tx (hou). This didn't help my decision at all. Bigg freaking joke to not increase starting wages and even to attract new drivers. Now looking for other options outside XPO. 38 YEAR DRIVER
I’m curious as to why you came back to work for XPO? If there are better opportunities near you, I would check them out. A driver with experience like you should have no problem finding a job with higher wages and better benefits, if XPO really sucks so bad. I have looked in my area and there isn’t much out there that is any better, so I take my lumps, and next month my raise.

I keep reading these posts that XPO is the bottom of the barrel as far as pay goes. In my area we are almost at the top. Above FedEx after April 29 and below UPSF. Besides UPSF most of us are within 1-2% of each other. OD is just a little higher on the mile and within pennies on the hour. But they get no other til 60, flat rate for drops and hooks, no pay for wait time, break down time is at a very reduced hourly rate. I'm pretty sure I'm correct on this but songremainsthesame can update if I'm wrong. Anyway, point is I don't see the vast difference in pay like some of you know or believe to exist. Btw FedEx has a lot of different pay regions like we used to have and not all of them are at $28.83, in my locale they are at $26.94 /64.8¢ mle.
Before you just take Joe's word for it you might want to ask multiple sources what the other guys really make near you cause it's not like truck drivers to exaggerate or anything.

I just got offered a job as a feeder driver for UPS package. Do you all know they start out at Less than$18hr. Top out is $35hr but it takes 4 years to get there and your not above $25hr until the last raise. I would actually love to take the job but I can't afford the 1st 3 years worth of pay. The overall benefit package is much better though.

I keep reading these posts that XPO is the bottom of the barrel as far as pay goes. In my area we are almost at the top. Above FedEx after April 29 and below UPSF. Besides UPSF most of us are within 1-2% of each other. OD is just a little higher on the mile and within pennies on the hour. But they get no other til 60, flat rate for drops and hooks, no pay for wait time, break down time is at a very reduced hourly rate. I'm pretty sure I'm correct on this but songremainsthesame can update if I'm wrong. Anyway, point is I don't see the vast difference in pay like some of you know or believe to exist. Btw FedEx has a lot of different pay regions like we used to have and not all of them are at $28.83, in my locale they are at $26.94 /64.8¢ mle.
Before you just take Joe's word for it you might want to ask multiple sources what the other guys really make near you cause it's not like truck drivers to exaggerate or anything.
You raise some great points.

While I can't answer all of them personally , what I take issue with is the contrast between what the annual and quarterly reports say as to how well the company is doing financially versus the upcoming pay adjustment.

It's interesting to me that in official company memos that the pay raise isn't even called a pay raise.

If communication between the top and the bottom ever gets reestablished , hopefully someone up top will bother to explain the memo posted on TruckingBoards that shows the human resources higher up is well aware of what other companies are doing to compensate their employees yet they seem to not be willing or able to match the competition's moves.

Oh well , at least now you know what you are dealing with.

I just got offered a job as a feeder driver for UPS package. Do you all know they start out at Less than$18hr. Top out is $35hr but it takes 4 years to get there and your not above $25hr until the last raise. I would actually love to take the job but I can't afford the 1st 3 years worth of pay. The overall benefit package is much better though.
Troll here. This is something I can't understand. I know if a guy can tough it out, brown is the place to be. Same bs with union freight co's, bottom 10% is not guaranteed work. I'm thankful a Con-way TM went out of his way to tell me that I may not come close to 40 hours for extended period of time. How do they hire GOOD employees? Who can be casual?

Troll here. This is something I can't understand. I know if a guy can tough it out, brown is the place to be. Same bs with union freight co's, bottom 10% is not guaranteed work. I'm thankful a Con-way TM went out of his way to tell me that I may not come close to 40 hours for extended period of time. How do they hire GOOD employees? Who can be casual?
They run casuals all the time at UPS near me. They call them something else though, I can't remember what it is. Funny thing is, the part timers make more on the hour than the real employees for the first 3 years

Exactly. This raise is a failure on all levels.

Looking back through the posts about the raise for the last couple of months, I wasn't expecting anyone to say otherwise.

It's not even negative reaction anymore- it's this sad, entitled, defeatist attitude towards things before they even happen. Seems like a lousy way to live.

Would love to see the whole company go union EVERYBODY.. that will never happen cuz there are to many kiss asses.

Less than 5 percent of the drivers have voted for a union. Are you saying that 95+ percent of the company are kiss-asses? If so, I'm going to laugh at you.

drivers running sectors

I thought we wanted drivers running sectors? Not these college kids that don't know nothin about no freight, right?

drivers doing maintenance, drivers putting up signs, patching holes in yard,

I bet if you asked, they'd let you help. Why don't you?

blowing up balloons,cooking hot dogs,

I'm sure we lose a lot of productivity from all those balloons they blow up- isn't that usually to recognize people who have accomplished something? And you can make fun of the hot dogs all you want but you'd cry about our lack of benefits if they took them away.

monitoring cameras, doing drivers training,

And what would you be saying if a manager was doing those things? Not qualified to judge us right?

everything but driving and breaking freight because all the managers are quitting.

Drivers and dockworkers have been doing those things since the Con-way days- it's not new. It's just an easy target for drivers to attack their own for absolutely no benefit.

Looking back through the posts about the raise for the last couple of months, I wasn't expecting anyone to say otherwise.

It's not even negative reaction anymore- it's this sad, entitled, defeatist attitude towards things before they even happen. Seems like a lousy way to live.
How so? Upper management made it clear that XPO's goal was/is leadership ( dominance? )

With the internet and social media , it's not hard to determine competitors compensation. Go ahead ask is XPO a leader in that regard. If they are , maybe your point would be stronger.

The attitude is not defeatest - the expectations were set high and compensation is where the corner cutting is?

I love when someone says they have been here 12 years or whatever and talk about it like it's impossible to leave that behind.

It's not impossible, but it's hard. Even if you left and came back, you'll never get as much PTO, for example. And waiting to top out would be tough, wherever you go. That doesn't count the intangibles, like fitting into a new group or whether you'll like the job.

Everyone has their own threshold for leaving, and I can't tell you where that line is. But I do believe you should work hard and do your best every day until you cross it, and then you leave.

Ah hell just go ahead and leave, we will be ok BJ thinks there lined up out there at the front gate just waiting to get the chance to work here. I am a short timer now.

He don't want people lined up to work here. He wants to cut cut cut until he gets the numbers he wants.

We might all be short timers. Hard to say if we even have an option.

Well I live in the Memphis region we got 1.08 like most of the company. Its a 50/50 split on good or bad . We are now below the competition even crappy central transport I work there and came to Conway due to no raise for years or 401k we are no at 27.69 and .65 and and still no other after 8 anybody notice freight levels are way down:emoticon digging:

OD has had a big spike around here. They are into everything.

Would love to see the whole company go union EVERYBODY.. that will never happen cuz there are to many kiss asses. drivers running sectors,drivers doing maintenance, drivers putting up signs, patching holes in yard,blowing up balloons,cooking hot dogs, monitoring cameras, doing drivers training, everything but driving and breaking freight because all the managers are quitting. management just keeps sticking to them and it appears they like it. My God man... disgusting You all know who you are and so does everyone else

Good vent. Let it out, man. Try to hold all that in and it will kill ya.