XPO | Wages in your area.

Vote vote vote

When a guy brought the subject up, we were told to write Jacobs an email. Well, huh. You think that not one of the company kiss ass with corporate email has mentioned anything to the head honcho ? Okay, maybe not. Or that the companies social media team don't read all of this and everything else out there on the inter webs ? I think they know. And I think they are fine with it exactly the way it is. They have put to much effort into getting things this way. It's to deliberate.

Devil's Advocate and I'm not being sarcastic nor condescending.

What has happened without them?

We all know that XPO is dragging their feet and trying to "starve" them out until they give up and vote it out.

Good point. There are a lot of guys that hate the union but feel fine voting it in just to **** off management. The logic follows very closely with your point. So what if we do ? So what if we don't ?

I keep reading these posts that XPO is the bottom of the barrel as far as pay goes. In my area we are almost at the top. Above FedEx after April 29 and below UPSF. Besides UPSF most of us are within 1-2% of each other. OD is just a little higher on the mile and within pennies on the hour. But they get no other til 60, flat rate for drops and hooks, no pay for wait time, break down time is at a very reduced hourly rate. I'm pretty sure I'm correct on this but songremainsthesame can update if I'm wrong. Anyway, point is I don't see the vast difference in pay like some of you know or believe to exist. Btw FedEx has a lot of different pay regions like we used to have and not all of them are at $28.83, in my locale they are at $26.94 /64.8¢ mle.
Before you just take Joe's word for it you might want to ask multiple sources what the other guys really make near you cause it's not like truck drivers to exaggerate or anything.

Everyone has there own situations. Things vary greatly form region to region and with some companies, even terminal to terminal.

I just got offered a job as a feeder driver for UPS package. Do you all know they start out at Less than$18hr. Top out is $35hr but it takes 4 years to get there and your not above $25hr until the last raise. I would actually love to take the job but I can't afford the 1st 3 years worth of pay. The overall benefit package is much better though.

That's the problem ? People want to get the reward without putting in the time and earning it.

And they got a contract coming up. It'll be $40 top out by the end of it.

Looking back through the posts about the raise for the last couple of months, I wasn't expecting anyone to say otherwise.

It's not even negative reaction anymore- it's this sad, entitled, defeatist attitude towards things before they even happen. Seems like a lousy way to live.

I notice you didn't quote my points and reasons. Obviously you are just here to attack the poster on this matter.

Exactly. This raise is a failure on all levels. It didn't improve starting wages to attract new hires or keep up with the top tiers around town to keep the experienced drivers. Double whammy.

The raise is insufficient to eliminate our conditions. This company won't attract qualified entry level candidates. Also, experienced drivers will now be below market in some locations. Possibly leading to losses from the intense head hunting for drivers in a tight market.

Does it sound any better to you if I use different words ?

I just got offered a job as a feeder driver for UPS package. Do you all know they start out at Less than$18hr. Top out is $35hr but it takes 4 years to get there and your not above $25hr until the last raise. I would actually love to take the job but I can't afford the 1st 3 years worth of pay. The overall benefit package is much better though.
I work at a union shop like that. the new guys get crap wage because when the contract comes up the only wage increase they care about is the top one

The raise is insufficient to eliminate our conditions. This company won't attract qualified entry level candidates. Also, experienced drivers will now be below market in some locations. Possibly leading to losses from the intense head hunting for drivers in a tight market.

Does it sound any better to you if I use different words ?
when we were told about the raise they told us hey were looking to hire 3 driver and 3 dockworks I think. For drivers the other LTL companies have better starts time and now better pay. All I can say to that is good luck finding any.

when we were told about the raise they told us hey were looking to hire 3 driver and 3 dockworks I think. For drivers the other LTL companies have better starts time and now better pay. All I can say to that is good luck finding any.

A guy working for another company asked about starting out here. After 20 seconds he stopped me and said never mind. I never said a negative word. I was in the middle of telling him all the GOOD things. And apparently my idea of good isn’t very good at all.

A guy working for another company asked about starting out here. After 20 seconds he stopped me and said never mind. I never said a negative word. I was in the middle of telling him all the GOOD things. And apparently my idea of good isn’t very good at all.
Start out with home every day next time.....

Just a question.. the company is 35 old and you been here 15 how is it that you helped build it
I am Sorry Driver You are so right in this Politically correct world we live in !5 yrs is like !5 mins it don't mean ::shit:: . So I will bow to your're might Sword and conceed you are A GOD !!