Wages in your area.

Discussion in 'XPO Logistics' started by upnorth, Dec 29, 2017.

1. sucker666

sucker666 Well-Known Member

What area are you out of ?

2. whip1

whip1 Well-Known Member

I’m hoping he’s taking a page from the union playbook and just ignoring your question.

sucker666 likes this.
  3. sucker666

sucker666 Well-Known Member

I’m just playing with him. I no he values his privacy.

4. ScotchNeat

ScotchNeat Well-Known Member

I'm with you Gene. I do not see the signs of a company that's "being ran into the ground" as some like to say. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't apprehensive, but I have to admit, the more I stay away from these discussion boards, the less apprehensive I feel. If we got bought out by some mega company, ok so what? I don't think our jobs are going to disappear, the nature of the freight we handle might change a bit, but so what? It does that now as the seasons change. I have a line in the sand that I will not compromise beyond when it comes to compensation and so far the company hasn't been crossed it, so for now, I'm good.

5. highspeeds

highspeeds ENTERTAINMENT USE ONLY

We are on a collision course with something. The ground, the wall, some crazy what ever. I don't know. What I hear every night and what I read on the various social media is the same. Skewed to the negative. But since CCX this whole thing has been going that way.

The jobs won't disappear. But the career at this employer very well might. The freight has to move. There will be a wheel some where.

6. trucknfool

trucknfool Well-Known Member

The career part left a long time ago, it's just a job now.

7. wltdo

wltdo Active Member

While we are on the topic of wages I would just like to add when we take our vacations we only get paid based on 40 hrs and most other Truckin companies base on average weekly income.lets say you make 90,000 here you get 1068.00 for the week.you work at most others and make 90,000 your weekly vacation is roughly 1800-1900. That's a lot of money when you have 5 or 6 weeks of vacation a year. Yea yea I no we come to work here knowing this when we started but this company says it wants to be #1 then pay us like we're #1.

8. rose glass

rose glass Active Member

“Spoken like a true prodigy” quote Winston Wolfe pulp fiction

trucknfool and sucker666 like this.
  9. upnorth

upnorth Super Moderator Staff Member

Can’t speak for the city drivers, but our vacation is based on our last 15 days worked. I’m almost positive city guys are based on the same thing.

10. Fly-by-night

Fly-by-night Only when you care to send the very best

Since the PTO is handed out in hours and not weeks like other trucking companies that's why we are paid that way for vacation. They do allow us to use up to 12hrs per day of pto or 60hrs per week to be cashed in on vacation. This is no diffeant than a city driver that works an average of 65hrs a week. He would also make around 90k per year and his vacation is paid the same way

11. Fly-by-night

that must be a north of the boarder thing

WiggleWagondrvr and highspeeds like this.
  12. wltdo

wltdo Active Member

Yes they do but when you take your extra 20 hrs of pay aren't you losing 20 hrs of earned time off?

13. wltdo

wltdo Active Member

Also heard management has to use there vacation or lose it or company will buy back .50 cents on the dollar.any truth?

highspeeds likes this.
  14. Fly-by-night

yes but what is you average work week hours. If you work LH I sure it between 60 and 70hrs per week. Now what would you pay on LH be if you only worked 40hrs per week. Less miles and less dock time

15. Fly-by-night

yes by march of this year. I guess some had months of time saved up

dalesr and highspeeds like this.
  16. Fly-by-night

Slave wage we are far from it. My friend makes $19.20 per hour no OT and benefits a lot worst then our. From what I know that is the highest paying carrier out side of LTL in my area. So in my area if you get out of LTL that about the highest your going to make. So if I'm making slave wages that means he still on the boat.

17. ROUGHBOY

ROUGHBOY Active Member

WiggleWagondrvr likes this.
  18. Rollin

Rollin Active Member

How about some more slave wage comparison?

One thing I would stay is the grass isn't always greener on the other side. What you might gain at one company you might be giving up on something else at another. What are you willing to deal with?

ScotchNeat and icuicp like this.
  19. ScotchNeat

ScotchNeat Well-Known Member

Yes. Nailed it. What's a man's "Bull:crap: Threshold?"

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  20. smokin'joe

smokin'joe Just Smokin' the Blues...

My grass is greener.....I get paid almost $3 hr more for PTO than my regular wage!! I'm worth more on vacation that at work.