R&L | wages

I'm not sure, but I think they only raised the top rate for all positions. So, If you don't have 5 years with the company...YOU GOT HOSED!!!

Thank god i run line haul and did get a raise on that but hourly stayed the same . they have ton of unhappy people right now

All of you complainers ever think to be grateful for what you do have? If its so damn bad at R&L LEAVE !!!!! Being negative will hold you back in life !!!! If other companies pay more or treat you better,BY ALL MEANS, PLEASE GO THERE !!!!! If that dosen't work start your own LTL outfit and show everyone how its supposed to be done...:chairshot:
Wow it looks like someone hit a nerve. I am happy for the things I got. Me and some of my fellow drivers at my barn are fed up with high turn around rate and management trying to strip you of your man hood, treating us like garbage. So if we are trying to make things better where we get treated like human beings what are you getting offended for? If we stick together we could accomplish alot. If majority of these drivers/dock workers want to put up with the abuse and look management in the eyes and say YESEM MASER whatever you say MASER, then do it I won't. Oh by the way I'd rather have them fire me so I could collect unemployment on them, then I'll get a new job. Have a blessed weekend brother trucker :smilie_132:

Wow it looks like someone hit a nerve. I am happy for the things I got. Me and some of my fellow drivers at my barn are fed up with high turn around rate and management trying to strip you of your man hood, treating us like garbage. So if we are trying to make things better where we get treated like human beings what are you getting offended for? If we stick together we could accomplish alot. If majority of these drivers/dock workers want to put up with the abuse and look management in the eyes and say YESEM MASER whatever you say MASER, then do it I won't. Oh by the way I'd rather have them fire me so I could collect unemployment on them, then I'll get a new job. Have a blessed weekend brother trucker :smilie_132:
Maybe if we did'nt have to "GUESS WHERE" it is that your terminal is, something could be done.... Some terminals are run better than others... The terminal I work at is pretty good... If where you work sucks, complain about it on these forums, and let it be known which terminal you work out of..Let it be known what the problems are, and who the problems are......

If people are so unhappy about the way things are being done here why do they stay and whin and cry about it, just quit and go to work at one of the others that are union and then that way you can be happy, and not to mention that it could be worse you could be sitting at home on your butt with no money at all coming in. I don,t want to sound like a:butt kiss:but I think the Roberts family have blessed us all very much with a good job and in my area very good wages and benefits. If people would put half as much effort into there jobs as the do with all the trouble they try to start it would be alot better.

If people are so unhappy about the way things are being done here why do they stay and whin and cry about it, just quit and go to work at one of the others that are union and then that way you can be happy, and not to mention that it could be worse you could be sitting at home on your butt with no money at all coming in. I don,t want to sound like a:butt kiss:but I think the Roberts family have blessed us all very much with a good job and in my area very good wages and benefits. If people would put half as much effort into there jobs as the do with all the trouble they try to start it would be alot better.

AMEN, And well said !!!!!!

the way i was told is that, if your topped out on the pay scale you get your cost of living if not then you get it when you get your anniversary raise.and also i have a question,they said .50 but the drivers ive talked to got .45.where does that extra .05 an hour per driver go?

Maybe if we did'nt have to "GUESS WHERE" it is that your terminal is, something could be done.... Some terminals are run better than others... The terminal I work at is pretty good... If where you work sucks, complain about it on these forums, and let it be known which terminal you work out of..Let it be known what the problems are, and who the problems are......
Had a situation at the terminal, a driver had a confederate flag on the grill of the truck, it offended alot of drivers. What bothers me is what the ATM tells a dispatcher, these "soul brothers" complain about the smallest things. Another dispatcher starts laughing and says I don't know about these ni--ers. Could you figure out that word, or should I write it out? Now you tell me what could be done. As you said Amen to Baby Huey's comment about complaining and I should just quit and find another job. How the hell would you react? It seems like you got all the answers you are probably management or you :butt kiss:. Should I quit or try to make things better? I would complain some more about dispatch and the TM sets up drivers to fire them but lets see what you have to say on this.

Had a situation at the terminal, a driver had a confederate flag on the grill of the truck, it offended alot of drivers. What bothers me is what the ATM tells a dispatcher, these "soul brothers" complain about the smallest things. Another dispatcher starts laughing and says I don't know about these ni--ers. Could you figure out that word, or should I write it out? Now you tell me what could be done. As you said Amen to Baby Huey's comment about complaining and I should just quit and find another job. How the hell would you react? It seems like you got all the answers you are probably management or you :butt kiss:. Should I quit or try to make things better? I would complain some more about dispatch and the TM sets up drivers to fire them but lets see what you have to say on this.
If I didn't like working there, I would find someplace else to work...I will conceed that some terminals are better than others, and some parts of the country are better palces to work than others... I would guess you are in the northeast.... The southeast is a more desirable place to work... No I am not management or a :butt kiss: I just do my job, and I am happy with my job... If I was not, I would find someplace else to work. Life is to short going to work where you are miserable everyday. Maybe you can change things, I hope you can....

Very well said. Even if you quit and came back to R&L, your starting wage would be higher than any other company anyway.

I'm shocked people all over know that its like a circus in the North East.

T/M's and Dispatchers coming and going as they please... Its funny when you have a 8:00 start and you are their and gone before the dispatcher or T/M arrive.....

where did this take place? there is noway this would be allowed to continue if wimington was aware of it.

Very well said. Even if you quit and came back to R&L, your starting wage would be higher than any other company anyway.
Yes that's true but without OT,breakdown,wait,fueling,drop/hook pay...... L/H gets an extra hour pay for drop/hook and fuel but figure 30-60 min wait on load wait an hour for meet or load on other end, fuel and post trip... Do the math and it's pretty pathetic...... Plus with the trucks possibly getting turned back drivers can't make any time up......

Get all your facts times/dates and witnesses together..... Make a nice call to WIL if they don't fix the problem, call your local freight hall with a contract you wouldn't have problems like your dealing with.......

Get all your facts times/dates and witnesses together..... Make a nice call to WIL if they don't fix the problem, call your local freight hall with a contract you wouldn't have problems like your dealing with.......

Rubber duck I can,t help but wounder who you work for, because it don,t sound like it,s with R@L carriers sounds more like your already with someone thats has a union and you are tring to get things stired up at the non union places that know how to run the bussiness the way it should be with out the union. all you do at those places is pay abunch of nobodys some money every month
and when they need more money they tell you guys to go on strike for better working conditions and more pay, although that don,t work out so well for the ones at the bottom now does it, those guys are the ones that are left at home when there,s not enough work and don,t get the rasies like the ones at the top. To me it seem,s like R@L knows what there doing freight at my terminal is up and del. are way up, When I talk to some of the union driver,s at the other companys they are always saying how freight is slowing down and that another terminal has just closed its doors(like javic and a couple others)I think I am pretty lucky to work at a company that don,t have a union and if it ever comes around down here for a vote my vote will be NO! along with everyone else at the barn:nutkick: unions are only in it for the union not the people,as long as they get there money they could care less what happens to the company and the people in it.:1036316054:

If the flag is on his personal truck thats his stupidty if the flag is on a company truck I would go to the TM and if that didn,t help I would make a call to WIL and let them know and send a pic, unit number, and driver name to them, because I would say they would not be happy about it at all and the would do something about it, but first they need to hear about it before the can do anything about it.