SEFL | Wages

LTLIndentured

TB Veteran
Credits
Any chance Sefl will ever consider Overtime pay to keep up with driver demand? 11-14 hr days is tough on a family; ot after 8 would cut out some of that I would think

We can all dream. Seriously though in time they will have to most likely do something. I have this conversation with my friends that are still there. Competition is heating up in the trucking industry and winners take good drivers.

Any chance Sefl will ever consider Overtime pay to keep up with driver demand? 11-14 hr days is tough on a family; ot after 8 would cut out some of that I would think

Not with SEFL but I'm in LTL, and I think over the next couple years the demand will necessitate change. However, the demand has to become higher and increased turnover is what, I believe, will drive changes.

Also, I believe OT is one if the worst things to be awarded. It usually results in less hours!

But not always.

Love how you say u want less and are happy with it unreal
I didn't say I wanted less. I knew what I signed up for. There are plenty of companies with better pay and OT, and I have turned some offers down, your company included.

I'm simply saying that pay rates and overtime policies are overrated. There are other prizes and battles to be won if getting more is your goal. I thought I wanted more at one point, but I decided the intangibles here were of some value.

I didn't settle for less. I have what I want for now, and if I want more ill go get it. Your negativity is unreal.

I didn't say I wanted less. I knew what I signed up for. There are plenty of companies with better pay and OT, and I have turned some offers down, your company included.

I'm simply saying that pay rates and overtime policies are overrated. There are other prizes and battles to be won if getting more is your goal. I thought I wanted more at one point, but I decided the intangibles here were of some value.

I didn't settle for less. I have what I want for now, and if I want more ill go get it. Your negativity is unreal.
Another recession is coming. If Sefl pay was up at same level as other ltl companies then Sefl would act like other ltl companies and have layoffs. I guess it's our trade-off. More job security later for less pay now. MUCH less pay. I just wish we would get in the ballpark. It's not even in the same league with the others, I mean we are over $2 per hour less than fedex with no OT. Just makes me question the "value employees completely" slogan. Pay IS one way to show us we are valuable. The company arguemet would likely be that long term security is too

Another recession is coming. If Sefl pay was up at same level as other ltl companies then Sefl would act like other ltl companies and have layoffs. I guess it's our trade-off. More job security later for less pay now. MUCH less pay. I just wish we would get in the ballpark. It's not even in the same league with the others, I mean we are over $2 per hour less than fedex with no OT. Just makes me question the "value employees completely" slogan. Pay IS one way to show us we are valuable. The company arguemet would likely be that long term security is too
Sad thing is, I don't think any company truly cares anymore. It's the nature of the business nowadays. The undesirable career that most view truck driving as, with its long hours and safety concerns for starters, will be more than enough to push the wages higher.

The shortage is real and will only increase. Boomers vacating the industry will perpetuate this, and will also be the death of the Union. In my opinion.

Sad thing is, I don't think any company truly cares anymore. It's the nature of the business nowadays. The undesirable career that most view truck driving as, with its long hours and safety concerns for starters, will be more than enough to push the wages higher.

The shortage is real and will only increase. Boomers vacating the industry will perpetuate this, and will also be the death of the Union. In my opinion.
Death of all union companies except for ups. I think they will end up buying another ltl company to increase market share. Probably when next recession hits as they will have the upper hand at that point.
Yes, too many retirees and too few workers to support them. The big question is will the government step in and save their pensions? I don't think so. In the past the democrats needed union support to gain power. Presently, the dems don't need union support anymore to keep power since the country has shifted to a welfare nation.

Death of all union companies except for ups. I think they will end up buying another ltl company to increase market share. Probably when next recession hits as they will have the upper hand at that point.
Yes, too many retirees and too few workers to support them. The big question is will the government step in and save their pensions? I don't think so. In the past the democrats needed union support to gain power. Presently, the dems don't need union support anymore to keep power since the country has shifted to a welfare nation.
Funny how most truck drivers love working for free no overtime free dock time and just love it to death u want to work for all straight time nock ur self out not me!!!!!! Less money and bennies and u love it

Funny how most truck drivers love working for free no overtime free dock time and just love it to death u want to work for all straight time nock ur self out not me!!!!!! Less money and bennies and u love it
Love it? Never said that...you must be on the union propaganda soap box again. Union Union Union. The answer to every freight concern anyone has; Until you are out of a job. If IBT offered a product that was desirable then Conway and fedex would both be Union now. I wouldn't mind seeing SEFL have its own Union, separate from IBT and the corruption that comes with it. I'm not anti Union, but I have the good sense to think on my own without having to find ways to spin the IBT disaster that is central states coming insolvency. It's true, Sefl has lower compensation than you Union outfits, but I'm trading that for a company that has never had a layoff in its 65 year history. All IBT outfits have layoffs and that is the main reason I haven't left Sefl yet. I am getting tired of earning less and working harder than our competition. When I find a better option I'll jump ship. Just haven't found one yet. Always looking though:)

Get outa here dude i worked at holland for 2.5 years and you wana talk about pay starting out pay over there is 44cpm with the contract we signed top pay is only 51cpm and 17$ a hour to 21$ a hour just have recently came back to sefl starting out at 57cpm and 24.50 ahour health insurance that is comparable to the union cost me 98$ a week for,family and a 401k is 100$ a week thats 198$ a week compared to the almost 300 holland was taking out i gross around the same thing over here in 5 days to what was taking me,6 days at holland to do so take it for,what its worth and ABF running the board over,there you can have that mess babysitting that phone 24/7 and the bottom guys get the left overs equal nothing but weekend work friday saturday and sunday then more than likely sit at home till friday or Thursday again not talking junk about any of these compaines but compare apples to apples there bud

Get outa here dude i worked at holland for 2.5 years and you wana talk about pay starting out pay over there is 44cpm with the contract we signed top pay is only 51cpm and 17$ a hour to 21$ a hour just have recently came back to sefl starting out at 57cpm and 24.50 ahour health insurance that is comparable to the union cost me 98$ a week for,family and a 401k is 100$ a week thats 198$ a week compared to the almost 300 holland was taking out i gross around the same thing over here in 5 days to what was taking me,6 days at holland to do so take it for,what its worth and ABF running the board over,there you can have that mess babysitting that phone 24/7 and the bottom guys get the left overs equal nothing but weekend work friday saturday and sunday then more than likely sit at home till friday or Thursday again not talking junk about any of these compaines but compare apples to apples there bud

They contribute 100 / week into your 401k? What percentage of a match is it?

Dude I'm glad you are happier at your job now.Every Southeastern driver I run into is very nice and I actually look forward to bumping into the ones on my route.We are all blessed to have decent jobs and,everyone is entitled to their opinions.It seems you exaggerate your numbers to justify your decision.In order to get 100 dollars per week into your 401k with a 3% match you would have to make around 165,000 per year.Its cool to just say you like Southeastern better as a company. Good luck and be safe.