ABF | Wages

Good points if the teamsters are so innocent why was the RICO Act used to end their decades old corruption? Plus it worked????
Proving my point they were only successful when they were able to force, beat & coerce people into their union...

No one ever said every company is perfect but there were more murders of and by teamsters than any company I can name???
Can you name a few company executives who murdered people????
I can name a few union officials who murered....

As stated the union multi employer pensions were created on the basis of more contributors than collectors..

They union had to keep up recruiting new members as carriers were put out of business by the union..
They failed miserably, then sold out by permitting UPS to pay them off and withdraw from some of the multi employer pension funds... Overnite was organized not by a successful union but because USP paid off the union...

If you are interested in hearing absolute misery check out the YRC, Holland and New Penn boards..

Further proof the teamster jobs are much worse off than most non union competitors...

if you union is so great and companies are so evil what aren't thousands of workers standing in line waiting to join??

Be honest few worked are buying what the teamsters are selling.....
Only thing your proving is your ignorance. Your a complete imbecile. You really have no facts to back up anything you say. Nonunion people are better off? Your a joke to everyone on this board.

Speaker of the House , Paul Ryan Golden ret. for life 87,000.00 a month. Tax payers . Love it

Why? Because we keep voting for our elected officials over, & over & over. When we vote them out of office, then you might see a change. Until then, suck it up & pay more taxes. von.

Single employer pension plans pay roughly 4 times the premiums to the PBGC, they are insured for roughly 4 times more than multi employer plans, and for the same level of funding they need roughly for times as much money in their pension fund.
Didn't Congress set the PBGC premium rates? Wasn't it Congress that felt the MEPFs didn't need rate increases because they were less likely to fail than the SEPFs? Didn't then PBGC director Joshua Gotbaum request a premium increase for MEPFs that was denied by Congress back in 2014? Didn't he warn that without premium increases PBGC will be faced with requesting a taxpayer bailout or shutting down?

Good points if the teamsters are so innocent why was the RICO Act used to end their decades old corruption? Plus it worked????

Since you appear to be the TB expert on union corruption just how many Teamsters locals were prosecuted under RICO? I am aware of RICO eliminating the Genovise crime family's corrupt influence over Local 560. And it worked great since Local 560 is now one of the cleanest union locals in the entire country

Proving my point they were only successful when they were able to force, beat & coerce people into their union..

I'd like to see what kind of facts you have to support that claim. Maybe you're confused. Wasn't it just the opposite with you at NEMF? Wasn't it the Genovise crime family that did Myron's dirty work and forced you guys at NEMF to leave the Teamsters and join the Machinists union with that sweetheart contract?

Since you appear to be the TB expert on union corruption just how many Teamsters locals were prosecuted under RICO? I am aware of RICO eliminating the Genovise crime family's corrupt influence over Local 560. And it worked great since Local 560 is now one of the cleanest union locals in the entire country

I'd like to see what kind of facts you have to support that claim. Maybe you're confused. Wasn't it just the opposite with you at NEMF? Wasn't it the Genovise crime family that did Myron's dirty work and forced you guys at NEMF to leave the Teamsters and join the Machinists union with that sweetheart contract?

great point, they made the corrupt deal with the teamsters. Again the union sold out the workers who were paying them for job security...
Wasn't it the same mafia family that was involved in the teamsters??
No one paid Myron for protection but many did pay the corrupt teamsters for protection... And everyone was failed by the corrupt union...

Only thing your proving is your ignorance. Your a complete imbecile. You really have no facts to back up anything you say. Nonunion people are better off? Your a joke to everyone on this board.
You better check pay and equipment quality & safety...
better yet visit a YRC terminal then visit a Fed Ex Freight terminal....
or just wait to collect your pension... see what happens then.......
Nice job on the name calling... proves who the child is...
But then you so whatever the union goons tell you to.....

You better check pay and equipment quality & safety...
better yet visit a YRC terminal then visit a Fed Ex Freight terminal....
or just wait to collect your pension... see what happens then.......
Nice job on the name calling... proves who the child is...
But then you so whatever the union goons tell you to.....
So no facts to back up your lies? Thought so idiot! By the way, I work for ABF not YRC.

companies in conjunction with the failing union controlled the pensions. Blame both...
The pension (like Social Security) was built on a premise that there would always be more people putting $$$ into the fund than those taking $$ out of the fund.
The teamsters sat and watched the NMFA die a slow painful death, never got any additional members into the funds. No one is buying what they sell. They could only get new members when they were able to beat, coerce and violently force people to join their union. the teamsters never worried about 'morals' as they murdered or beat people into becoming new 'members' Now you worry about institutions having morals?????
Now that they have to compete in world on a level basis, they fail miserably.
Ask the teamster negotiators how many pensions they will be collecting....... How are those morals doing while other get their pension cut???
We all saw this coming except the leaders of the teamsters???
You sound like a jealous wanna be. We abf Teamsters have been competing for over 90 years. What do you say about that. I am old but I bet I can still work circles around you. I have heard big mouths like you for years but I have never had one of you tough guys approach me out in the city. The next time you want to tell one of us about how low we are do it to our face tough guy. You are the biggest kind of kitty there is.

How many people do you think some of those fly by night non union outfits killed by badly maintained equipment you fool. They have killed thousands with bad brakes and exhaust leaks causing cancer and other lung problems.

Union carriers account for very little of the accidents tough guy.I bet those old Teamsters never bullied as many drivers and dock workers as the non union companies do. Tough guy. I only hope someday you mess up and run your mouth to the wrong Teamster hope you do it in CLEVELAND OHIO. YOUR WAITING FOR THE TOUGH GUY BROTHER ALWAYS!

great point, they made the corrupt deal with the teamsters. Again the union sold out the workers who were paying them for job security...
Wasn't it the same mafia family that was involved in the teamsters??
No one paid Myron for protection but many did pay the corrupt teamsters for protection... And everyone was failed by the corrupt union...
Tell me how 560 benefited as a union when it lost NEMF? Did you have a vote or did Myron just say this is how it will be? You guys will no long work under the NMFA with those big bad Teamsters. You will now work under a sweetheart deal with the Machinists union. Puff you are the one who brought up murder and RICO in an ABF wages thread. Did you make union scale working under the hat at NEMF? You always revert back to blaming the Teamsters for not protecting you from the mobsters. NEMF was in bed with the Mafia. How could the union have protected you from a corrupt deal between Myron and the Genovese family? Did those mobsters protect NEMF for free?

Why didn't you just call the 560 shape hall and get another job? At that time there were plenty of good union carriers that paid scale and abided by the NMFA. If I remember correctly it only took 8 days to make the list back then. When my first job went under the hat, by the mob, in 1977 I left and started shaping over in 560. I made the list in 8 working days but lost a lot of time being on the bottom. Every day that there wasn't work my steward would call the shape hall and find work for us. I had 7 W-2s that first year. 560 took care of it's members. I went on to have 33 good years in Local 560. Why didn't you just go to work for another company instead of working under the hat for the mobbed up NEMF? Back then you guys were the laughing stock of the LTL freight industry in North Jersey. I'd have left in a New York minute but you decided to stay and work under the hat..............So now after all those years you still blame the Teamsters for your not manning up and moving on.

Tell me how 560 benefited as a union when it lost NEMF? Did you have a vote or did Myron just say this is how it will be? You guys will no long work under the NMFA with those big bad Teamsters. You will now work under a sweetheart deal with the Machinists union. Puff you are the one who brought up murder and RICO in an ABF wages thread. Did you make union scale working under the hat at NEMF? You always revert back to blaming the Teamsters for not protecting you from the mobsters. NEMF was in bed with the Mafia. How could the union have protected you from a corrupt deal between Myron and the Genovese family? Did those mobsters protect NEMF for free?

Why didn't you just call the 560 shape hall and get another job? At that time there were plenty of good union carriers that paid scale and abided by the NMFA. If I remember correctly it only took 8 days to make the list back then. When my first job went under the hat, by the mob, in 1977 I left and started shaping over in 560. I made the list in 8 working days but lost a lot of time being on the bottom. Every day that there wasn't work my steward would call the shape hall and find work for us. I had 7 W-2s that first year. 560 took care of it's members. I went on to have 33 good years in Local 560. Why didn't you just go to work for another company instead of working under the hat for the mobbed up NEMF? Back then you guys were the laughing stock of the LTL freight industry in North Jersey. I'd have left in a New York minute but you decided to stay and work under the hat..............So now after all those years you still blame the Teamsters for your not manning up and moving on.

Ahh,....thank you, Brother Crystal.......Having PM'ed you, and knowing your work history,....I know you can speak with veracity as far as what went on in the areas you're discussing.

There's a phenomenon amongst some non-Union guys that they need "justification" for their choice of employer,......knowing that they privately regret not having the protection, stability, and freedom of speech that goes with a Union employer.

So they constantly "dig" for .....reasons why they don't join, or are employed by a Union carrier. They want to make their choice a....."moral".....decision,....when actually, it was a choice more based on expediency and availability.....than a "moral" distaste of Unionism........

There are hundreds of websites out there that will actively promote that justification by magifying the smallest malfeasance by a Union official into the largest immoral mountain imaginable.............And,...who is financing them?

The fact of the matter is that,.....warts and all,.......Union membership is protected by the First Amendment........and the gun-waving Second Amenders should be promoting Unionism just as much as gun-ownership,....that is,...if they understood real patriotism......

But,.....as I've found for years,.....that the people who can quote by heart, the Second Amendment,.....are ,...90% of the time,....flummoxed, when I ask them to name the three rights and two Freedoms enumerated in the First Amendment......

If you're not promoting freedom of speech,....even AFTER you've punched the timeclock,.......do you truly understyand the responsibility of being a citizen in this country?

And,...if you're actively looking for "justification" of your....."choice".........well, then,....that would be lying to yourself.......

You sound like a jealous wanna be. We abf Teamsters have been competing for over 90 years. What do you say about that. I am old but I bet I can still work circles around you. I have heard big mouths like you for years but I have never had one of you tough guys approach me out in the city. The next time you want to tell one of us about how low we are do it to our face tough guy. You are the biggest kind of :censored: there is.

How many people do you think some of those fly by night non union outfits killed by badly maintained equipment you fool. They have killed thousands with bad brakes and exhaust leaks causing cancer and other lung problems.

Union carriers account for very little of the accidents tough guy.I bet those old Teamsters never bullied as many drivers and dock workers as the non union companies do. Tough guy. I only hope someday you mess up and run your mouth to the wrong Teamster hope you do it in CLEVELAND OHIO. YOUR WAITING FOR THE TOUGH GUY BROTHER ALWAYS!

angry aren't you. Guess you dislike being on the low pay spectrum can't say I blame you, guess I'd be pissed off at the world like you too if I paid some goons and they stole my future...
how about specifics? name the major non union LTL carriers with that crap equipment, then I'll name a few union companies with rolling garbage and some of the lowest pay in the industry...
perhaps your hate and frustration in seeing your union carriers decline is causing your anger
If I am in Cleveland I'll look you up. I'm sure I'll know where to find you.......
Now name those companies that 'have killed thousands'

It took 16 days, thanks for proving you don't know what you are talking about....

You sound like a jealous wanna be. We abf Teamsters have been competing for over 90 years. What do you say about that. I am old but I bet I can still work circles around you. I have heard big mouths like you for years but I have never had one of you tough guys approach me out in the city. The next time you want to tell one of us about how low we are do it to our face tough guy. You are the biggest kind of :censored: there is.

Help me dig up what’s left of Danny Greene the Irishman and will let him handle it.

how about specifics?

If I am in Cleveland I'll look you up. I'm sure I'll know where to find you.......

Now... that's funny right there...

If you were to ever look him up... please... make sure you come back and post those specifics... lol

angry aren't you. Guess you dislike being on the low pay spectrum can't say I blame you, guess I'd be pissed off at the world like you too if I paid some goons and they stole my future...
how about specifics? name the major non union LTL carriers with that crap equipment, then I'll name a few union companies with rolling garbage and some of the lowest pay in the industry...
perhaps your hate and frustration in seeing your union carriers decline is causing your anger
Now name those companies that 'have killed thousands'
Are you for real? If you have not seen all the non union pieces of crap trucks on the roads then you are blind. And as for goons taking my pension, well look No further than banks and investment firms. It wasn’t the mob you live in a Fantasy world. Can’t wait to meet you.i bet you are a real joy to talk too.

I see you have a real problem with unions just because you didn’t make the cut somewhere. As for union carriers declining you will feel the same soon because the new new trucker doesn’t even have to speak English and will work for far less.

He is one of the butt hurt non guys in the Fedex or XPO union threads that cries any time someone beats him into tears. He is crying all the time.
Sounds like a jealous wanna be. If I had a nickle every time I see a post by one.