Estes | Waiving 2nd Lunch after 12 hours

Jeepstr723

TB Regular
Credits
Didn't we get a memo that we could waive our 2nd lunch after 12 hours. Plus, they were not going to deduct another 30 minutes pay. Can someone verify this with a copy of the memo? I think this was mentioned around the beginning of 2017. Thanks

Didn't we get a memo that we could waive our 2nd lunch after 12 hours. Plus, they were not going to deduct another 30 minutes pay. Can someone verify this with a copy of the memo? I think this was mentioned around the beginning of 2017. Thanks
We didn't get one at our terminal, after 12 you loose that half hour for second lunch. I stop and take it, freight gets back a half hour later. Most guys don't want to sit around for a half hour and loose it, that's what the company hopes for. That's $13.70 a day, that adds up over a period of time. Hell if they were looking for an excuse to get rid of someone they could probably get them for working off the clock.

We have a form to fill out that waves the second meal break. We just fill it out if we work over 12 hours

We have a form to fill out after 10 or so hours. No one knows for sure exactly how many hours. So, we fill it around 10. We still have to take a 30 minute break after 12 or will be written up! Of course , only hourly employees are subject to the second 30 minute break.

We have a form to fill out after 10 or so hours. No one knows for sure exactly how many hours. So, we fill it around 10. We still have to take a 30 minute break after 12 or will be written up! Of course , only hourly employees are subject to the second 30 minute break.
We have a form to fill out also, you can wave the break after 10 hours (actually 10 and a half on the clock) but after 12 it's mandatory. We used to be able to wave both but that changed about 6 years ago.

Come to find out the office manager was doing it wrong. Mick in HR came in and screwed us out of being paid the 30 minutes after 12 hours if we filled out the 2nd lunch waiver. Now he tells us if we work over 12 hrs, we must take it on Peoplenet. Most guys would come in after 12, fill out the waiver, punch out and go home. We still got paid for the 30 minutes we waived. This is for the P&D drivers only. The waiver of the 2nd lunch in our barn is from 10 1/2 to 12 hours only. Like I said the after 12 hrs, no waiver, plus 2nd lunch taken logged into Peoplenet.

Come to find out the office manager was doing it wrong. Mick in HR came in and screwed us out of being paid the 30 minutes after 12 hours if we filled out the 2nd lunch waiver. Now he tells us if we work over 12 hrs, we must take it on Peoplenet. Most guys would come in after 12, fill out the waiver, punch out and go home. We still got paid for the 30 minutes we waived. This is for the P&D drivers only. The waiver of the 2nd lunch in our barn is from 10 1/2 to 12 hours only. Like I said the after 12 hrs, no waiver, plus 2nd lunch taken logged into Peoplenet.
That's why the rules are written in pencil