New Penn | Wake up NewPenn!!! VOTE NO

newpenn107

TB Regular
Credits
I hope the newpenn employess realise you should vote no on any more givebacks.
Yrc has sold everything they could except they still hold a 65% ownership of a chinese company and they have YRC logistics which is stealing freight from all the companies or they give the shippers a lowball bid and then yellow/roadway, newpenn or holland are the ones losing money by hauling it.
They want to save YRC? then sell us and raise some cash then we can go on our own. Or sell the chinese and other crap they own.
stand up and fight!! don't let outside people ruin us !!
Teamsters should not be giving back as long as YRC owns chinese and non union companies!! They sold the Dam headquarters building but still own chinese trucking!!!! give me a dam break!! its a joke and the IBT is a joke for not addressing those issues!!
You can disagree with me all you want, it wont change my mind. And the Philly Terminal will be voting no on anymore givebacks like we did on the 10% vote.. I hope the other Terminals do also.

My only problem with your feelings are that, at this point there is nothing to stand up and fight for.

This is not a question of standing up and fighting. This is a question of survival or death.
I'm not advocating a particular position I'm just telling you that this situation is not about principle. It's not about a Chinese company or a non union TL outfit that is losing money.

Never before in history has a union company ever survived a wage give back.

However, never before in history have the Teamster's been so desperate to work with a dying carrier. I still think the odds are incredibly long against survival but there is even less chance of a sale of NPME.

Enough of the negativity. YRC is not a dying carrier. Quit sticking forks in this company-it is not done. Thousands of hard working Teamsters sacrificed wages to keep this company competitive during the greatest economic downturn since the Great Depression. Now I hear the same people trying to rally others to stand and fight. WHO ARE YOU FIGHTING? Can you answer this question newpenn107 and the rest of you guys who want to go down in history as greedy employees always with a hand out wanting more from the company. What does the Chinese trucking company have to do with anything? They don't take our freight or drive our trucks for minimum wage. The Mexican truckers are more of a threat than any company across the ocean. Swift has a Mexican division that wanted to send drivers in substandard and unsafe trucks to N.J. to move the freight crossing your dock right now. Who prevented this from happening? One guess-the Teamsters! I don't care if YRC buys a trucking company in every country around the world-just keep their drivers out of the U.S. We operate in a global economy now. It is not the same as 5, 10, or even 20 years ago. This is NOT CF, Preston, Carolina, APA, Plymouth Rock, Pilot, Red Star, or any other unionized trucking company that closed for good. I am so sick of hearing those comparisons. LAME! You guys want to stand and fight for what? To settle the score for some other trucking company screwing you over in the past? Grow up. You are either part of the problem or part of the solution. Forget the fight with the company. We need to unite and do our part to prevent our union from being destroyed by greater forces. They did it to the UAW and they are trying to do it to us. They are counting on a bunch of macho guys with a chip on their shoulder from past defeats to destroy this union from the inside out. If you feel you can't take any more givebacks then hit the road NOW! I will stick around and do all I can to get this company through until the recession ends and the economy picks up. A final message for all of those that wish to argue any of these points: Just Bring It!!!

Enough of the negativity. YRC is not a dying carrier. Quit sticking forks in this company-it is not done. Thousands of hard working Teamsters sacrificed wages to keep this company competitive during the greatest economic downturn since the Great Depression. Now I hear the same people trying to rally others to stand and fight. WHO ARE YOU FIGHTING? Can you answer this question newpenn107 and the rest of you guys who want to go down in history as greedy employees always with a hand out wanting more from the company. What does the Chinese trucking company have to do with anything? They don't take our freight or drive our trucks for minimum wage. The Mexican truckers are more of a threat than any company across the ocean. Swift has a Mexican division that wanted to send drivers in substandard and unsafe trucks to N.J. to move the freight crossing your dock right now. Who prevented this from happening? One guess-the Teamsters! I don't care if YRC buys a trucking company in every country around the world-just keep their drivers out of the U.S. We operate in a global economy now. It is not the same as 5, 10, or even 20 years ago. This is NOT CF, Preston, Carolina, APA, Plymouth Rock, Pilot, Red Star, or any other unionized trucking company that closed for good. I am so sick of hearing those comparisons. LAME! You guys want to stand and fight for what? To settle the score for some other trucking company screwing you over in the past? Grow up. You are either part of the problem or part of the solution. Forget the fight with the company. We need to unite and do our part to prevent our union from being destroyed by greater forces. They did it to the UAW and they are trying to do it to us. They are counting on a bunch of macho guys with a chip on their shoulder from past defeats to destroy this union from the inside out. If you feel you can't take any more givebacks then hit the road NOW! I will stick around and do all I can to get this company through until the recession ends and the economy picks up. A final message for all of those that wish to argue any of these points: Just Bring It!!!

One thing that a lot of people fail to realize is that YRC is now operating on a day to day basis and any day now the plug could be pulled. :TR10driving03:

I still can't believe only one New Penn terminal had majority vote no on the last vote. I'm still going to work hard and do the right things, but my vote is still no.

Everybody has the right to chose how they vote, however they decide to go. Debate this all anyone wants but don't attack any other member as to how they feel about this issue.

Please always consider Rule 3. before you hit the Submit Reply box.

Rule 3. Do not resort to childish name calling if someone has a view you do not agree with, attack the subject of a post, not the one who posted it.

"What does the Chinese trucking company have to do with anything? They don't take our freight or drive our trucks for minimum wage. "
ARE you kidding me??? When yrc sells its headquarters building and many other buildings and gets wage cut and now wants more!! you don't see what them having cash tied up in a nonunion company or chinese company matters!!!!!!! The want to save YRC on the backs of the teamsters when they have cash available right there and you see nothing wrong with it???? now thats funny.. Before they want more from us to save yrc they should be forced to raise cash from all avaible sources! When they have done that!! then come to us!!! And don't think for a minute that saving YRC means you are saving newpenn! The VP's of Newpenn went around with threats of closing if we vote no to the wage concessions...WHERE ARE THOSE VP's NOW???? they are leaving

Okay, I'll bring it. With things as they are today this company IS in fact dying.

Now if 100% of pension contributions get suspended for the rest of the year maybe I'll think differently. But, until someone can show me where the cash is going to come from to pay the bills.........it's over.

Okay, I'll bring it. With things as they are today this company IS in fact dying.

Now if 100% of pension contributions get suspended for the rest of the year maybe I'll think differently. But, until someone can show me where the cash is going to come from to pay the bills.........it's over.

I am not sure which point in my post you wish to debate me on. If you are referring to the parent company of us all-YRCW- it is not a dying company. If you are referring to the recently combined Yellow-Roadway division named YRC then I have no facts to base any opinion on. I do not work at Yellow-Roadway. I work at New Penn and things are slower than last year but no reason to panic. When you say "with things as they are today this company IS in fact dying" could you elaborate? What are you seeing that makes you think this way? What YRCW company do you work for? What do you think needs to happen at the YRCW company you work for to turn things around? Do you make a daily effort to work efficiently and try to cut waste? We can all do this every day without having to give ANYTHING back such as wages and pension payments. We all know the clocksuckers. Every terminal has their share. Our union was built on the idea of "a fair day's work for a fair day's pay." Let's all do our part to keep the lights on until the economy revives and the pickups start flowing in again!

Preacher

You make great point, but your preaching to the choir. its the same guys who complain when the company shuts it doors that put it out of business in the first place. talk is cheap. All these tough guy teamsters are a bunch of sheep. They are getting it from both ends but are too dumb to realize it. all they need to do is look in the mirror and they will find the problem.

You make great point, but your preaching to the choir. its the same guys who complain when the company shuts it doors that put it out of business in the first place. talk is cheap. All these tough guy teamsters are a bunch of sheep. They are getting it from both ends but are too dumb to realize it. all they need to do is look in the mirror and they will find the problem.

Now your saying that it is the teamsters are the problem and we will be the reason if and when someone pulls the plug..Wow :biglaugh:What's in your koolaid :shift:

Now your saying that it is the teamsters are the problem and we will be the reason if and when someone pulls the plug..Wow :biglaugh:What's in your koolaid :shift:

The Teamster's are neither totally to blame but nor are they totally blameless. Both the IBT and the Company have made very costly miscalculations.

I am not sure which point in my post you wish to debate me on. If you are referring to the parent company of us all-YRCW- it is not a dying company. If you are referring to the recently combined Yellow-Roadway division named YRC then I have no facts to base any opinion on. I do not work at Yellow-Roadway. I work at New Penn and things are slower than last year but no reason to panic. When you say "with things as they are today this company IS in fact dying" could you elaborate? What are you seeing that makes you think this way? What YRCW company do you work for? What do you think needs to happen at the YRCW company you work for to turn things around? Do you make a daily effort to work efficiently and try to cut waste? We can all do this every day without having to give ANYTHING back such as wages and pension payments. We all know the clocksuckers. Every terminal has their share. Our union was built on the idea of "a fair day's work for a fair day's pay." Let's all do our part to keep the lights on until the economy revives and the pickups start flowing in again!

YRC is in fact dying. Their shipment count is almost half of what it was last year. They haven't cut nearly enough costs out of their operation. They can't pay their debt. They can't pay their pension obligations. They can't pay for company cars. They can't pay for management retirement. They can't pay for new equipment they can only lease it. They are going to ask for additional concessions from the Teamsters but it isn't going to be enough even IF the members vote for it.

I'm not sure what additional evidence you require? Financially, they are dying.