New Penn | Wake up NewPenn!!! VOTE NO

My only problem with your feelings are that, at this point there is nothing to stand up and fight for.

This is not a question of standing up and fighting. This is a question of survival or death.
I'm not advocating a particular position I'm just telling you that this situation is not about principle. It's not about a Chinese company or a non union TL outfit that is losing money.

Never before in history has a union company ever survived a wage give back.

However, never before in history have the Teamster's been so desperate to work with a dying carrier. I still think the odds are incredibly long against survival but there is even less chance of a sale of NPME.

stand up and fight for yourself.. but I see you dont have the nutsack to even post your Union or company affiliation.
So I won't discuss anything with you. And please don't post on the newpenn board.

I said before the wage concessions that I was voting no because I believed our pay cut was only going to be wasted and they would screw NewPenn.
Well thats exactly what they did and now they want more.
Force their hand!!! because the IBT is not making YRC accountable for the millions we have already saved them!! and they didn't hold them accountable during this latest round of talks!!
What NewPenn VP's will be talking to us now? the last two that threatened us are now retired after the ::shit:: hit the fan!
All the ones that were in charge at NewPenn have sold us out including Arnold himself.
Anyone have an idea how many top brass at newpenn bailed out since yellow bought us??

I Agree

stand up and fight for yourself.. but I see you dont have the nutsack to even post your Union or company affiliation.
So I won't discuss anything with you. And please don't post on the newpenn board.

We may have a difference of opinion on some things, but I respect the fact that you don't hide behind a meaningless screen name when posting. You can find me at 23, and you are at 14. Together we are Teamsters. To all posters on the New Penn board: if you feel the need to post here then by all means have the guts to tell us where you work. Everyone has the freedom to form their own opinion. I just have a hard time respecting a poster who wants to hide in cyberspace. I asked a poster where he worked because he seemed to know without a doubt YRC is dying- yet does he work there? There is a YRC board by the way. I know this because I get a lot of news from it, as well as all the other boards.

"What does the Chinese trucking company have to do with anything? They don't take our freight or drive our trucks for minimum wage. "
ARE you kidding me??? When yrc sells its headquarters building and many other buildings and gets wage cut and now wants more!! you don't see what them having cash tied up in a nonunion company or chinese company matters!!!!!!! The want to save YRC on the backs of the teamsters when they have cash available right there and you see nothing wrong with it???? now thats funny.. Before they want more from us to save yrc they should be forced to raise cash from all avaible sources! When they have done that!! then come to us!!! And don't think for a minute that saving YRC means you are saving newpenn! The VP's of Newpenn went around with threats of closing if we vote no to the wage concessions...WHERE ARE THOSE VP's NOW???? they are leaving

If you go back and research when YRCW bought into the Chinese company I think you might be suprised to find that all was fine with the economy at the time. It was all part of the corporate plan to become the largest global freight company that could pick up goods at chinese factories and ship them to destinations throughout North America without sharing one penny of the rate with an outside company. As a business operating primarily in the US, it cannot be forced to raise cash by anyone. I think you are all over the map in your post because you made many unrelated points.

I know when they bought them and for how much. I also know they have an option to buy the remaining ownership for another 17 million in 2010. How much you wanna bet that YRC logistics makes that purchase?
I know I do cover the map sometimes..:biglaugh: but I just keep typing as things pop up in my head.
I think I explained what the chinese and yrc LOGISTICS has to do with US..bet let me re explain.
I think it is dead wrong when the IBT lets YRC come to us for more money and loss of benefits to raise more cash for them. And the logistics and non union part of yrc is not giving back and they will infact benefit from our givebacks.
YRC logistics is a part of YRC as we are.
So dont come to me for more money until you have tried all other avenues to raise cash.
YRC has done nothing to raise cash except get it from us.
Read the incestment report posted on this site. It says 100-180 million can be realized from the sale of YRC logistics.
Is YRC trying to save the freight companies? If they are..then sell the logistics.

LMAO!!! I need to re read and spell check my post before I submit!!! Gotta love where I say ... incestment report...:biglaugh:
I guess YRC sticking it up our :eck13: was on my mind...lol

I know when they bought them and for how much. I also know they have an option to buy the remaining ownership for another 17 million in 2010. How much you wanna bet that YRC logistics makes that purchase?
I know I do cover the map sometimes..:biglaugh: but I just keep typing as things pop up in my head.
I think I explained what the chinese and yrc LOGISTICS has to do with US..bet let me re explain.
I think it is dead wrong when the IBT lets YRC come to us for more money and loss of benefits to raise more cash for them. And the logistics and non union part of yrc is not giving back and they will infact benefit from our givebacks.
YRC logistics is a part of YRC as we are.
So dont come to me for more money until you have tried all other avenues to raise cash.
YRC has done nothing to raise cash except get it from us.
Read the incestment report posted on this site. It says 100-180 million can be realized from the sale of YRC logistics.
Is YRC trying to save the freight companies? If they are..then sell the logistics.

I agree it is being handled incorrectly by the IBT. When we were coming up on the NMFA negotiations we were asked for our input. Any suggestions on how to improve the next contract? I had a few I shared at our local's freight meeting but the local pres. didn't like them. The rank and file did not have a chance to be heard when the wage reduction was suggested. Ditto on the pension deferral. I would like to have seen for every month of pension deferral two months of full wages are reinstated. Take away my pension contributions for 14 months? Instead of a 10% wage reduction until April 2013, YRCW would be paying us FULL RATE and pension with raises January 2011. Make sense?

Originally Posted by Rex 309
ALLOW Me to pick this post apart....I WAS THERE!....KK

The following is a synopsis of the meeting held yesterday with representatives of the pension funds and the IBT regarding YRCW. Everyone in attendance was briefed on the confidentiality of the financials that were presented.

The IBT hired a consulting firm called Merge Global to do a thorough evaluation of YRCW’s financials. A two hour slide show was presented by Merge Global followed by a 45 minute presentation from Jim Hoffa. Bottom line is what everyone already knew, the situation is grave. On 1/1/09 YRCW had liquidity of 386 Million. Yesterday that figure was 192 Million. Once the liquidity gets to 100 Million the consensus is that the company cannot be saved. The proposal to the Teamster 2-man committee meeting today in Chicago will be close to the following:

1. 5% additional wage reduction(will total 15% with the existing 10%) WRONG!....KK

2. 40 hour paid vacation instead of 45. WRONG!....KK

3. No Paid sick days. Time off can be taken unpaid. WRONG!...KK

4. Either some or all the Holidays will be unpaid (people I talked to had different versions) WRONG!....KK

The proposal also asks for a 14 month deferral on the pension contributions.....It asked for up to 14 months....it could be truned around in 10....but they are proposing an undefined derferment up to 14 months....Don't know where this crap came from....I was there....The IBT looked at some of these things you stated...BUT....IT WAS NOT ENOUGH TO RAISE CASH THAT WAS NEEDED.....the members have already given 10% in wages....the pension deferments would raise the amount needed (approx $500M=) without employees having to give anymore from their pockets....NUFF" SAID!.....KK

When the presentation was over the discussion was that when presented to the 2-man committee they were going to be told that if you can sell this to your members the company MAY survive. YRCW continues to lose freight at an alarming rate. There is a 10:30cst conference call that is a Q&A today with YRCW and the pension funds.

Richard C. Silverwood

LINC Logistics

Vice President

Labor Affairs

***=***-****

Confidential: This electronic message may contain privileged or confidential information that is the property of the sender. The information is solely for the use of the intended recipient. Any unauthorized review, disclosures, reproduction or distribution of this email, imbedded links or attachments is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, and you have received this electronic message in error, please notify the sending party immediately and delete/destroy the original message and all copies. Thank you for your cooperation.

Originally Posted by Rex 309

ALLOW Me to pick this post apart....I WAS THERE!....KK

The following is a synopsis of the meeting held yesterday with representatives of the pension funds and the IBT regarding YRCW. Everyone in attendance was briefed on the confidentiality of the financials that were presented.

The IBT hired a consulting firm called Merge Global to do a thorough evaluation of YRCW’s financials. A two hour slide show was presented by Merge Global followed by a 45 minute presentation from Jim Hoffa. Bottom line is what everyone already knew, the situation is grave. On 1/1/09 YRCW had liquidity of 386 Million. Yesterday that figure was 192 Million. Once the liquidity gets to 100 Million the consensus is that the company cannot be saved. The proposal to the Teamster 2-man committee meeting today in Chicago will be close to the following:

1. 5% additional wage reduction(will total 15% with the existing 10%) WRONG!....KK

2. 40 hour paid vacation instead of 45. WRONG!....KK

3. No Paid sick days. Time off can be taken unpaid. WRONG!...KK

4. Either some or all the Holidays will be unpaid (people I talked to had different versions) WRONG!....KK

The proposal also asks for a 14 month deferral on the pension contributions.....It asked for up to 14 months....it could be truned around in 10....but they are proposing an undefined derferment up to 14 months....Don't know where this crap came from....I was there....The IBT looked at some of these things you stated...BUT....IT WAS NOT ENOUGH TO RAISE CASH THAT WAS NEEDED.....the members have already given 10% in wages....the pension deferments would raise the amount needed (approx $500M=) without employees having to give anymore from their pockets....NUFF" SAID!.....KK

When the presentation was over the discussion was that when presented to the 2-man committee they were going to be told that if you can sell this to your members the company MAY survive. YRCW continues to lose freight at an alarming rate. There is a 10:30cst conference call that is a Q&A today with YRCW and the pension funds.

Richard C. Silverwood

LINC Logistics

Vice President

Labor Affairs

***=***-****

Confidential: This electronic message may contain privileged or confidential information that is the property of the sender. The information is solely for the use of the intended recipient. Any unauthorized review, disclosures, reproduction or distribution of this email, imbedded links or attachments is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, and you have received this electronic message in error, please notify the sending party immediately and delete/destroy the original message and all copies. Thank you for your cooperation.

I dont no about everyone else, but i will be voting a big no, no sick days no holidays,what a joke. They are just trying to push all this bs on us ,newpenn makes money lets stick together this time guys. We need to make a stand. Vote no or we will be giving away everything we have worked for as a union to get. I cant believe the IBT would consider this, these a holes signed a contract we helped them with the 10 percent. I mean why pay union dues for no pension for 14 months no holidays no sick pay. They will say we will get it back but we wont trust me.:ranting2:

I hope the newpenn employess realise you should vote no on any more givebacks.
Yrc has sold everything they could except they still hold a 65% ownership of a chinese company and they have YRC logistics which is stealing freight from all the companies or they give the shippers a lowball bid and then yellow/roadway, newpenn or holland are the ones losing money by hauling it.
They want to save YRC? then sell us and raise some cash then we can go on our own. Or sell the chinese and other crap they own.
stand up and fight!! don't let outside people ruin us !!
Teamsters should not be giving back as long as YRC owns chinese and non union companies!! They sold the Dam headquarters building but still own chinese trucking!!!! give me a dam break!! its a joke and the IBT is a joke for not addressing those issues!!
You can disagree with me all you want, it wont change my mind. And the Philly Terminal will be voting no on anymore givebacks like we did on the 10% vote.. I hope the other Terminals do also.
107 im with ya .we make are stand now.