Holland | Wake up people!!

Question? What happens when the road board(NMFA)and the city board(Local Cartage) in the same terminal,same local,have two different ways of doing things? Example road board dovetails and local cartage end tails,what happens next?

We read the negotiated agreement as a linehaul driver taking a UE position during the COO will carry his full seniority to the local cartage board. :1036316054:

We have been told that some of the locals have gotten verbal confirmation that linehaul would now be able to bid a UE position whenever they were offered and when our BA asked that labor provide us this in written form we were denied.

It sounds like the company is up to the same old games.

Benny please check and see that after the COO in Texas it was announced that the linehaul would be offered a UE position along with local cartage and any additions after that were to be offered to local cartage only.On this upcoming COO we plan on protesting that decision and asking that linehaul be allowed to bid by seniority anytime a UE position be available for bid.Under the current rules as we interpret them would allow a senior dock/city man bid a utility position the at their semi-annual bid jump off and have a junior man take it without a linehaul driver being able to bid.

You're correct that after the job is first bid it is a city board only job. But, just say that they start with three UE jobs at your terminal and only one road man has enough seniority to come over to the city, that time. If they add a forth, fifth or more UE's at a later date, that job(s) is offered to both road and city. So if there is a bidding road man that has enough seniority to get the forth or fifth job he can then come over to the city board. At the end of that bid he can bid, by seniority, on any city board job that he wants.

It was told to everybody this way in the beginning, I said that people didn't understand what they were voting on and now I'm afraid its to late. It doesn't matter to terminals with one board but to the ones that have separate boards the road guys are in trouble. If the road guys are laid off they can't bid on any job until they are called back. If it takes 50 road drivers to run the same loads that it will now take 35 UE men to do then its pretty simple to do the math. The 15 road men on the bottom won't be able to bring their company seniority over to the city by bidding on a UE job, hopefully they will be able to crossover to the city when the business picks up. Its just a plain loose, loose situation. Plus, the road men that are in the top 35 spots on the road board may not have enough seniority to come over to the city board when a UE job goes up for bid if a more senior city man wants it. Its just a bad deal all the way around.

Plus, the road men that are in the top 35 spots on the road board may not have enough seniority to come over to the city board when a UE job goes up for bid if a more senior city man wants it. Its just a bad deal all the way around.

Exactly!!
The way seniority is on our two boards I can't see anyone with high enough seniority to bid a ue position even wanting to. I could be wrong but it sounds like the ue is going to go high here. So that means no linehaul crossing over.

We read the negotiated agreement as a linehaul driver taking a UE position during the COO will carry his full seniority to the local cartage board. :1036316054:
You are right! It was explained to us that the same seniority that got the linehaul guy the UE job, is what he takes into the city. Then, at his next bid opportunity, he can bid off the UE position, if that same seniority will get him a regular bid start time on the P and D board.

Not at our terminal

You are right! It was explained to us that the same seniority that got the linehaul guy the UE job, is what he takes into the city. Then, at his next bid opportunity, he can bid off the UE position, if that same seniority will get him a regular bid start time on the P and D board.
My contract (JO) states that if a road driver bids a UE position & then later gets bumped out, he retreats back to the road board. And even if he did make it to the city board (which won't happen, here at least), he would then follow the city contract, which, in our case he would endtail to the bottom of the board, with company seniority for vacation (& I believe layoff). Ask the RO guys how that works, thier contract says dovetail, ours says endtail, & they were endtailed.

It was told to everybody this way in the beginning, I said that people didn't understand what they were voting on and now I'm afraid its to late. It doesn't matter to terminals with one board but to the ones that have separate boards the road guys are in trouble. If the road guys are laid off they can't bid on any job until they are called back. If it takes 50 road drivers to run the same loads that it will now take 35 UE men to do then its pretty simple to do the math. The 15 road men on the bottom won't be able to bring their company seniority over to the city by bidding on a UE job, hopefully they will be able to crossover to the city when the business picks up. Its just a plain loose, loose situation. Plus, the road men that are in the top 35 spots on the road board may not have enough seniority to come over to the city board when a UE job goes up for bid if a more senior city man wants it. Its just a bad deal all the way around.

Benny,

I didnt see anything in the COO concerning the 1st opportunity for road drivers + meaning only 1 opportunity to bid on the UE jobs and holding their terminal seniority on the local carthage.

MAYBE IM WRONG..

+

i DONT UNDERSTAND WHY LOCAL CARTHAGE IS ALLOWED TO BID ON THESE JOBS CUZ IN THE COO #7 STATES THAT THIS COO WILL NOT HAVE ANY ADVERSE EFFECT ON THE LOCAL CARTHAGE OPERATION IN ATLANTA (OR ANY OTHER TERMINAL) .......... WHAT WERE THEY THINKING :duh: :hysterical:

I am not trashing the teamsters. I am a strong Union Brother and a Steward. I am very involved at every level . I am challenging our current Leadership to do a better job. My point in this is that our leadership does not listen to their members. We are the people on the ground. I am angry with our leadership because others and I warned them of the consequences of this contract. We were ignored. I stand by all of my brothers. If one Teamster will be harmed in any way, we ALL have an obligation to stand together.
To address UPS Freight and DHL, yes they did organize these two units. However, my argument in my previous post was there have been no new LTL companies enrolled into our pension fund. The UPS Freight card check was part of a deal to let UPS out of our struggling pension fund. The reason the IBT cannot organize trucking companies is not because if whining, it is because to many ex-Teamsters work at these companies. The IBT needs to take charge, set the standards for the trucking industry, and regain its respect. If there is Honor in being a Teamster, others will follow. I have Honor and I fight everyday. Most days I ask why do I try. I try because I am a TEAMSTER!
Jarhead 13 , my post was not intended to target you, (as I said), or anyone else individually. It was to point out what should be obvious to all, but apparently is not, that companies will use anything at their disposal to attack organizing campaigns. Negative posts, quotes and articles from current members are a part of their arsenal.
Yes, you are correct about UPFS being part of the deal, I predicted this months in advance. I had heard DHL was coming into Central States, albeit at a lower rate of contribution. Perhaps you have a better source of info and can bring me up to speed on this.
Stay involved , sir, an involved membership is an informed membership and an informed membership is a stronger membership.
x475

X475 be careful about singing any praises concerning the ibt,You might find some poster will be embarrassed for you
My post was stating the fact that companies use negative quotes and articles from current members to discredit the Teamsters during organizing drives. Anyone ever participating in recruiting can attest to this.
If anyone is offended or embarrassed by the truth, well, I really dont give a rats' ***.

"I never did give anybody hell. I just told the truth and they thought it was hell." Harry S Truman

incoherent

That's how they keep on getting away with it . How 'bout you grow a set and tell them no.
This makes no sense.
Who is getting away with what? Tell who no? But I do get the part about growing a set...a mildly vulgar cheap shot, normally used in a sad attempt to bolster a weak argument.

Thank you Jeff for the ignore button

YOU ARE BACK ... YOU FOUND A FRIEND
:hysterical:
IBT IBT IBT IBT :hysterical: :hysterical:
embarrassed? YOU SHOULD BE :hysterical:
ARE YOU A TEAMSTER OR A WANNA BE?
GET REAL BUD
You sir , have no idea what yrc has done to dgfcby.
Further, you are utterly clueless as to what this union man has done in and for the Teamsters union. He has sacrificed his time and money to promote the brotherhood and save jobs. I'll put his record up against yours any day. You think you can discredit him with your allcaps posts and couple silly little smilies? caddy, go back out to the golf course and carry somebodys bag, you aint fit to follow dgfcbys' footprints.

YOU SIR NEED TO WAKE UP ... WHICH IS THE TOPIC OF THIS BLOG :hysterical: HOW COULD ANYONE PRAISE OUR LEADERS FOR SELLING US OUT FOR THE GOOD OF THE COMPANY AND THEMSELVES ... LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE DUDE .. NO NO NO SELLING US OUT FOR THE GOOD OF THEMSELVES AND THE COMPANY ... TELL ME THAT THEY NEED PRAISE .. LOOK IN THE MIRROR DUDE WHEN YOU SAY IT .... :smilie_132:
YOU SIR MUST NOT KNOW WHAT THE COMPANY HAS DONE TO EVERYBODY ...
SO YOU SIR NEED TO REALIZE THAT OUR TEAMSTER LEADERS LIED TO US AND YOU SIR YOU NEED TO LOOK AT THE WHOLE PICTURE NOT JUST A BLOG ...
WHEN A TEAMSTER LEADER LIES TO YOU ... RIGHT IN THE FACE SIR ... THEN I WANT TO SAY OUR LEADERS NEED PRAISE DUDE WHILE WE ARE UNEMPLOYED DUDE..
AND YOU SIR have NO IDEA HOW I CAME UP WITH THE MEMBER NAME CADDY ... :hysterical:

Definition

ignore: to refuse to take notice of, pay no attention to.

i.e. to place those proving themselves to be illiterate loudmouth fools on the ignore list.

On a 2 board terminal does the road driver bring his master senority or current board senority ( has both city and road time) to UE at local 414 Walt L. says current board senority?

Benny,

i DONT UNDERSTAND WHY LOCAL CARTHAGE IS ALLOWED TO BID ON THESE JOBS CUZ IN THE COO #7 STATES THAT THIS COO WILL NOT HAVE ANY ADVERSE EFFECT ON THE LOCAL CARTHAGE OPERATION IN ATLANTA (OR ANY OTHER TERMINAL)[/SIZE] .......... WHAT WERE THEY THINKING :duh: :hysterical:

I asked a similar question and was told by a regional guy that the company orginally thought the UE would only be able to come from the road, but ... get this... the union fought their stance and said it would be a violation of the city drivers rights. As a result both city and road were opened up to the UE. Ironic.

I asked a similar question and was told by a regional guy that the company orginally thought the UE would only be able to come from the road, but ... get this... the union fought their stance and said it would be a violation of the city drivers rights. As a result both city and road were opened up to the UE. Ironic.

This is exactly what I have been saying. The IBT is on their own agenda. They cannot seem to get the system at Holland and they refuse to ask or listen to any of us. The UE is doing road work. What is their problem? Why are they so oblivious to our situation? If the UE was necessary, why did the IBT and every local do such a bad job at protecting their members? I want Hoffa and Johnson to answer these questions. They knew that the road Driver would be hurt by the UE. They sent out mailers stating that the UE would not affect any current Line Haul Operation. Now they are blaming their poor Leadership on the economy. These men are paid to protect our jobs. They are obligated by their elected position and the years of sacrifice of those who came before to provide ALL of us with Honorable representation.
Hoffa, Johnson, Walt, and most Locals have failed to live up to the Teamster Brotherhood. Men have died to get us what we deserve and now a few squander away our livelihood and dignity. I am ashamed of the current Leadership. We must have Leadership that represents the true meaning of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters.

On a 2 board terminal does the road driver bring his master senority or current board senority ( has both city and road time) to UE at local 414 Walt L. says current board senority?

His current board seniority only. A person that had time on you that went over to the road has less time than you do when he comes back to the city. Thats why everyone can bid, city and road, but the bidding seniority is what they go by. Thats where you are on the board that you are bidding from only. Thats where there are two totally separate boards for road and city seniority.

Welcome to Truckingboards Dokman, glad to have you posting.

His current board seniority only. A person that had time on you that went over to the road has less time than you do when he comes back to the city. Thats why everyone can bid, city and road, but the bidding seniority is what they go by. Thats where you are on the board that you are bidding from only. Thats where there are two totally separate boards for road and city seniority.

Thats the way they are going to work it here. We have several guys who have gone from one board to another and have much higher company seniority than board seniority. Only board seniority is used for bidding.