XPO | WAKE UP

Anyone else notice a lot of abandoned Con-way Truckload tractors in our yards ? We have been having a bunch of cancellations with our subservice lately too. Not just getting to the FAC late any more. Never even show up to pull the load at all.

Driver shortage getting worse. Where my raise at ? That 40 cents a few weeks ago had better have been an appetizer.
Class 2 terminal , not even a FAC and there's an abandoned Con-Way Truckload tractor trailer sitting

Seems Orlando isn't going to be voting after all. When will we ever see another vote ? When will any of the terminals that voted yes actually have a contract ? Curious times we are living in. I guess there are a lot more people that like the threat of a union more than anything else. Just a guess.

Which, I can't blame them. A month of cookouts. Big wigs coming in to shake your hand and tell you how awesome you are. It's got it's perks.

If you're into that sort of thing.

Seems Orlando isn't going to be voting after all. When will we ever see another vote ? When will any of the terminals that voted yes actually have a contract ? Curious times we are living in. I guess there are a lot more people that like the threat of a union more than anything else. Just a guess.

Which, I can't blame them. A month of cookouts. Big wigs coming in to shake your hand and tell you how awesome you are. It's got it's perks.

If you're into that sort of thing.
It's a shame their not voting. They have the choice and the opportunity, thats all anyone pro or anti should care about. I have my own opinion but it should be the drivers choice.

The press release looks like it was written by the company.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/te...-at-con-way-freight-in-orlando-fla-2015-02-05

Hard to say. Fear. Truth. Indifference. Only one reason to vote yes. So many to vote no.
The employees need to talk to some of the employees at the terminals that have voted. The busters and Greg L., Tom C will tell you how much they care and how things are going to change. The day after the vote everybody leaves and goes immed. back to the way it was or worse. They are telling these guys whatever lies it takes to keep out the union, so that they don't have to change. Within a month there were 10 employees at XNH that regreted their no vote.

Last edited:
I am wondering if the three terminals that voted yes are regretting their vote yet ? This is almost as bad as Chicagoland getting hung out ten years ago. I forget the third..... Laredo, LA and who ?

It would be nice to hear from some guys. I think a bunch may have written this site off from all the interruptions.

I am wondering if the three terminals that voted yes are regretting their vote yet ? This is almost as bad as Chicagoland getting hung out ten years ago. I forget the third..... Laredo, LA and who ?

It would be nice to hear from some guys. I think a bunch may have written this site off from all the interruptions.
Miami

Well. With things stalling out like this the pro people are likely to be pretty bummed out. Thankfully the company is doing well. The checks ain't bouncing. All is more or less well. Just need OD to up their wages again. Song is looking for more recruits and I am looking for another raise.

What stopped them from taking the vote, anyone know?

I am certainly not in the know. Rumor is that the drivers backed out. Which if that's the case, all those pro guys can easily bail and go to union carriers. Everyone is hiring. Why stay where you are unhappy when you can have every thing you were willing to fight for at the cost of a road test ?

CT is always a good choice! I make great money and plenty of hours and overtime!

We got quite a few off your board when the Vitran - CT merger hit. Thank you. They are all great guys. Do good work. This place wouldn't be the same without them.

When the threat is gone , the screwing over begins!!!!

That would only screw Con-way. OD is kicking our butts. Damn near becoming a feeder system. Guys work here long enough to get experience and take it to OD.

By the way, did you all see OD's huge 4th quarter. Another huge year for them.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...rts-47.3-Increase-Fourth-Quarter#.VNeGiBE5CUk

At this pace it won't be long before they are completely bigger than us. OR in the 84 range. Crushing everybody.

I'm assuming your definition of expensive is anything more than free. We pay a bit but it's good coverage. Who gets free insurance anymore? And before you say the teamsters, I'm guessing a dime or two of that 15% is helping pay for your insurance. Those greedy bastards in Overland Park aren't pocketing it all. As for the breakdown and layover, it would be nice to get my full hourly wage, but in a year and a half I can count the number of times I've needed it on one hand so who cares? I make a damn good living with my normal wages, I don't give a crap about that ancillary stuff.

its easy to have a great OR with no overtime pay, expensive benefits, and minimum wage for breakdown and layover pay....

I'm assuming your definition of expensive is anything more than free. We pay a bit but it's good coverage. Who gets free insurance anymore? And before you say the teamsters, I'm guessing a dime or two of that 15% is helping pay for your insurance. Those greedy bastards in Overland Park aren't pocketing it all. As for the breakdown and layover, it would be nice to get my full hourly wage, but in a year and a half I can count the number of times I've needed it on one hand so who cares? I make a damn good living with my normal wages, I don't give a crap about that ancillary stuff.

Does OD make an attempt at profit sharing ? Do you feel they should ?

How often do you work on the dock ? How often do you park your own trailers ?

When you were in the city, did they treat you fairly ? Did you miss stops from late dispatching ? Did they expect you be two places at once ? Send you somewhere after they had already closed ? Or give you a stop you couldn't possibly get to in time from where you were ?

Just curious.