XPO | WAKE UP

So finally a teamster admits that his benefits and salary affect the company's bottom line. All this time I've been led to believe that wages had nothing to do with with company earnings.

ill admit that your company is cutting everyones throat in the end, whats going to be the next competitive edge, flat rate for city?

Does OD make an attempt at profit sharing ? Do you feel they should ?

How often do you work on the dock ? How often do you park your own trailers ?

When you were in the city, did they treat you fairly ? Did you miss stops from late dispatching ? Did they expect you be two places at once ? Send you somewhere after they had already closed ? Or give you a stop you couldn't possibly get to in time from where you were ?

Just curious.

Out profit sharing is distributed into our 401 and is based on how much they made and how much you invest in the 401. The more you invest the more they give you in a profit share.

I have alway been treated fairly at OD. Lol, dockwork, that's funny. I'm a driver, so driving is what I do. The most I do is break a set and spot them at doors at a dark terminal. Atlanta and Greensboro NC we drop whole, no break and at most breakbulk a we may break a set but don't put them to doors.

Working in the city was laid back. Never was asked to be a super hero, just do what you can. They even once pulled off a volume appointment shipment of heavy skids that I still thought I could make just in case so I wouldn't have to dick with it just in case I did miss the appointment (waiting on late linehaul arrivals). Money is great guys. And OD doesn't pay the most on bennies or OT. But I'll tell you what, I'd take the work environment here over any other job I have ever had.

ill admit that your company is cutting everyones throat in the end, whats going to be the next competitive edge, flat rate for city?
If they make money and keep most of their employees happy,why should they care who,s throat they cut.If YRC were in that position,would they not seek a competitive edge.Hell,from reading these forums,OD employees are way more satisfied than any union company.

If they make money and keep most of their employees happy,why should they care who,s throat they cut.If YRC were in that position,would they not seek a competitive edge.Hell,from reading these forums,OD employees are way more satisfied than any union company.

Of all the business strategies the one OD has truly conquered is seated trucks. They must have realized that having competent drivers to move the freight is the easiest way to success for a trucking company.

And really that is where all the problems do start. If the freight don't move, then what ? What good is it to offer a service that doesn't happen ? Or happens when you get to it ?

Last year Truckload lost money. The reason they said was unseated trucks. It's not that brilliant a statement. Anyone that has even run their own rig for a minute knows that if it ain't rolling you ain't making money.

So OD conitues to grow. And as they grow they continue to take share. The bigger share they take the less share for the rest of us.

Is that really throat cutting ? Or is it just a successful business model outperforming those that are not ?

This isn't like when FedEx and Con-way tried to bury YRC. OD is just going about it's business and letting everyone else cut their own throats.

Just my opinion. The way I see it.

This post belongs on a joke thread
Thought it was a joke??? lol
So finally a teamster admits that his benefits and salary affect the company's bottom line. All this time I've been led to believe that wages had nothing to do with with company earnings.
Hey song your a pretty good guy but if I'm working I expect to get paid full rate, they can afford millions in bonuses and upper management pay then they can afford to pay me!! I just want my fair share and nothing more!!

I can be happy at home or out tearing up the highway in my hotrod, or on my bike!!! When I'm at work it's strictly business and all about the money!!ive got a big ole garage with a big screen TV and cold beer in the fridge, now that's happiness!!! Did I mention the ole lady makes twice what I make!! Like I said just want my equal share!!

W
I can be happy at home or out tearing up the highway in my hotrod, or on my bike!!! When I'm at work it's strictly business and all about the money!!ive got a big ole garage with a big screen TV and cold beer in the fridge, now that's happiness!!! Did I mention the ole lady makes twice what I make!! Like I said just want my equal share!!

:notworthy:
:notworthy::hilarious:

I'm not really following what you're saying... Whose throats are we cutting? The freight business is a competitive marketplace and we are simply out here offering a service that every other ltl offers. We are just doing it better, and faster with fewer claims. We definitely aren't the cheapest carrier out there. I wasn't aware that we had to lay back an let everyone else catch up with us. That's not the way business works.

Flat rate in the city? Come on man, you act as if every company out there is out to get you and will bury you to make a nickel. OD has learned something... You take care of your people and they take care of your customers. Sure ot would be nice but they are working well within labor laws (that I think should be changed) regarding wages for drivers. And besides, I'm a linehaul driver. I chose line because of better pay and fewer headaches. If I were to go back to the city I would have to accept the rate of pay (which tops out at over $25/hour) and write my congressman to try to work on changing labor laws to include overtime for truck drivers. Life is about choices. I chose where I work based on good reviews from other drivers. I could have gone to a union carrier. I have the experience and driving record. But I choose not to work in what I see as a toxic environment where no one is happy no matter what and dispatch will screw you as long as they're within the contract just because they can. I've been here over a year and a half and I can tell you our guys don't play that way. I am respected and appreciated and that's good enough for me.

Thought it was a joke??? lol

Hey song your a pretty good guy but if I'm working I expect to get paid full rate, they can afford millions in bonuses and upper management pay then they can afford to pay me!! I just want my fair share and nothing more!!

That's the thing, when I'm laid over in the hotel I'm not working. I'm sitting on my duff watching sportscenter for the 5th time. Exerting no effort other than holding the bed down. And regarding breakdown, I have only had 2 instances in over a year and a half where I had anything go wrong to put me on the side of the road. Both times I was rolling within about an hour. OD doesn't play when it comes to road service. They are proactive in maintenance to keep it from happening and when it does happen they are on it like stink on ::shit:: to get you rolling again.life is too sort t get your panties in a wad over what-ifs. If my equipment was breaking down all the time I would worry about it more.

LOL,im not doubting your success and worldly prizes.That being said,this is the internet and im really the King of Jordan.

Who are you wanting your fairshare from??Conway,Fedex,OD,etc????
What ? in what I said measures success?? Ive worked my whole life and those things are my hobbies that have taken a long time to acquire, each of which I've pretty much built piece by piece! And saying my wife makes twice as much as me was a bit of sarcasm to my own wage!! My fair share comes from none of them, so assume what you want SUPER JORDAN!!!!!!

What ? in what I said measures success?? Ive worked my whole life and those things are my hobbies that have taken a long time to acquire, each of which I've pretty much built piece by piece! And saying my wife makes twice as much as me was a bit of sarcasm to my own wage!! My fair share comes from none of them, so assume what you want SUPER JORDAN!!!!!!
Congrats driver.....I just assumed your fairshare came from one of the above mentioned employers.Seems all of your post are in one of those forums,sorry for the assumption.

We were lied to for years you have absolutely nothing to lose if you every leave Conway They will never change and as long as you keep believing their lies you are missing out. Almost all LTL carriers are hiring and trust me some are way far better. I haven't lost one thing after leaving with 18 years service I made more money on my other job day 1 than I ever made at Conway. They don't care if they lose experienced people that is why they are starting the driving schools up again because they know that someone that knows what they are doing wont put up with their lies. I think that all of you should stop and think everything out the Union is your only choice because think about it if you have a problem now who can you go to that will even listen to you for one and will they do anything about your problem? Don't sell yourself short because with the right decisions trust me the grass is much greener
:19:I'm glad you are happy at OD, I know a lot of other Conway drivers are happy at OD.