Wal-Mart maybe the Best professional driving jobs in this era !

Grocerydude is right. Wally hires from all sorts of trucking.

When I did my road test with Wally, I did very well except for my backing. On the pr-trip, I just kept going, and pointing out stuff till the safety man said to stop. Inside and out!

I too have driven nothing but doubles that last 10 years. But driving around the city, pulling the 53 came back to me. Like you said, just take your time and don't be scared to take wider turns if you feel more comfortable that way.

Like I said my backing wasn't too great. 53's back totally different than 28's. I didn't hit anything. But I did take my time and had to do 3 or 4 pull ups.

After the road test, the safety man asked why he should hire me over a driver who is a better backer in 53's.
A fair question by him.
My answer was simple and honest.
I said I know my backing wasn't pretty, but I did take my time and wasn't afraid to pull forward. And that I use to back 57's 6 to 7 times a night back on Tx. And I'm just rusty and confident it will come to back to me.
He liked the answer and passed me.

Now, I didn't get the job because of silly mistake on the App.

I'm sure you will do fine my friend. Just be safe and professional, don't try to be a super trucker.

The road test will last about 30 miles. Backing, city driving, hyw/mountain and backing again.
While driving, be relaxed, make small talk, and don't be afraid to ask questions about driving for Wally.

Oh! Before the road test. Don't be afraid to ask the safety man what he's looking for. I asked if he wanted double clutching or floating, and if button hooks were ok. My safety man said floating and button hooks were fine. Yours may be different.
And don't throw in neutral and coast to stop signs or lights. Down shift!!!!!!!!!
I almost blew it there too.

Again good luck driver!!

what was your silly mistake on the application that would be so bad they would not hire you ? mistake or falsification ? I honestly forgot about hitting a deer and did not list on the app but called recruiting and let them now.

just curious

what was your silly mistake on the application that would be so bad they would not hire you ? mistake or falsification ? I honestly forgot about hitting a deer and did not list on the app but called recruiting and let them now.

just curious

No prob. I explained it once here in this thread. Beats having to type it all o eat again.

http://www.truckingboards.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76338

As far as the deer. You did the right thing calling and telling them. And bring it up in the interview. Wal-Mart is looking for honesty and professionalism not perfection,

Wow, that was the most intense day I have ever had. I was at the DC for 10 hours.

Overall, it went great. I passed the inspection with flying colors, and the driving test also............... and it was all at night, and the driving test alone lasted 3 hours. The guy with me was very nice, however, and made me feel comfortable. Basically, he said to take as long as I needed. I found little things on the inspection that I know the guy before me did not find, as the safety guy was truly surprised that they were there.............. and was not amused.

So, now I wait. Thanks to all, for all of their help. Drivers at the DC were giving me tidbits of info, also, to help. They were all really friendly and helpful.

Hopefully, I will have some good news soon.

Wow, that was the most intense day I have ever had. I was at the DC for 10 hours.

Overall, it went great. I passed the inspection with flying colors, and the driving test also............... and it was all at night, and the driving test alone lasted 3 hours. The guy with me was very nice, however, and made me feel comfortable. Basically, he said to take as long as I needed. I found little things on the inspection that I know the guy before me did not find, as the safety guy was truly surprised that they were there.............. and was not amused.

So, now I wait. Thanks to all, for all of their help. Drivers at the DC were giving me tidbits of info, also, to help. They were all really friendly and helpful.

Hopefully, I will have some good news soon.

Way to go Brother!

Had my interview yesterday everything went great, made it through all 3 segments. was there from 845 until 330. Everyone I dealt with was very professional and polite. Just waiting on background check and all that now. They said should get a call in about 2 weeks. all the drivers I met offered me tips and advice and wished me the best. Myself and one other guy made it through two where sent home after the interview.

Thanks for all the posts,have a couple of questions...Had my interview last Tuesday was told the interview,pre-trip and road test went great(was there for 6 hours road test was 88 miles and a store stop)now waiting for back ground check I was curious how things where coming along so i called the DC and they told me packet was sent to corporate and I would here from them.Is this bad news,I thought that the DC took it from there.I guess im really wanting this job and this whole process has taken so long and my job now is closing the terminal so I will be out of work soon I just need to know so I can move on.I guess my long winded question is that normal to send my packet to corporate?Just to let you guys know all your posts really helped at my interview because i was expecting a long day.Thanks again. HOPING FOR THAT PHONE CALL ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the posts,have a couple of questions...Had my interview last Tuesday was told the interview,pre-trip and road test went great(was there for 6 hours road test was 88 miles and a store stop)now waiting for back ground check I was curious how things where coming along so i called the DC and they told me packet was sent to corporate and I would here from them.Is this bad news,I thought that the DC took it from there.I guess im really wanting this job and this whole process has taken so long and my job now is closing the terminal so I will be out of work soon I just need to know so I can move on.I guess my long winded question is that normal to send my packet to corporate?Just to let you guys know all your posts really helped at my interview because i was expecting a long day.Thanks again. HOPING FOR THAT PHONE CALL ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes that's how the process works, the lady who did my paperwork after my road test said everything would be sent back to corporate to be processed. would hear something in a couple weeks.

yes that's how the process works, the lady who did my paperwork after my road test said everything would be sent back to corporate to be processed. would hear something in a couple weeks.

smyrna de

My interview pre-trip and raod test was a week ago tomorrow.They just updated my profile from pending to final interview.Does that mean I should be getting a call any day?Hey walgreens driver maybe we will be in orientation together.Lets keep in touch.

Well I got the call second interview on Thursday,I hope its the job offer.walgreensdriver maybe you will get the call soon.Let me know!!Very excited!!!!! I interviewed on 10-16 last Tuesday.