XPO | Walkabouts to Miami?

Yes, earned, but they're telling us to use our vacation. I love that that seems to bother people. Take some time off, FFS. If you choose to leave, spend it before you go. If you get fired, well, maybe you shouldn't have done that. I don't intend to lose any time, so there's nothing for me to complain about.
The sole reason they did it was to take the financial liability off the books plus it gives them a major windfall in some cases. So your ok with them stealing earned time from you if your terminated ? It's ok if you are just want to clarify that ? I guess you have a crystal ball that you can foresee your upcoming termination so you can put in for vacation ahead of time..nifty. Neat trick.

It's a shining example of protect what you have or you will lose it.

Last edited:
Yup, the bereavement days takeaway was petty and unnecessary. Perhaps that's the way it is for the rest of the company, but it wasn't that way for us and they should have left it alone, especially since they treat us as the red headed step child wing of the company anyway.
It's one of those things they could take that wouldn't be a big deal in the current environment. Just proves to me they will take at EVERY opportunity

And here is the problem Gene, I don't want to go union but the company is gonna force me to do so if they keep pulling the BS.

Sure, I get it. Everyone has a different threshold, and I'm sure taking 2 weeks of vacation would push a lot of people over the edge, but I don't believe that's coming.

The majority does want to organize. When the decert was passed around, they got 8 signatures.

I was speaking about the company as a whole. Maybe your barn still holds majority support, although the strike showed who is truly willing to back it up. You've got some very passionate supporters down there- maybe no one is willing to rock the boat for a decert. Apathy is not the same as support.

When was the last time a policy change benefited the employees?

Yesterday?

Think of all the horrendous working conditions that existed before unions existed. 8 day work weeks, No OT, child labor etc. Was all that acceptable because it was "their company".

Oh come on now, you can do better than that. Spare me the child labor argument- we've got OSHA and a pile of federal regulations, we don't need you. I owe the Teamsters nothing.

Yesterday?

Oh come on now, you can do better than that. Spare me the child labor argument- we've got OSHA and a pile of federal regulations, we don't need you. I owe the Teamsters nothing.
I was referring to your comment that it's their company. Of course it is but that shouldn't allow them to do whatever they want.

I was speaking about the company as a whole. Maybe your barn still holds majority support, although the strike showed who is truly willing to back it up. You've got some very passionate supporters down there- maybe no one is willing to rock the boat for a decert. Apathy is not the same as support.
I think it's a sign of the times and you're right that many don't want to back it up. I would remind you that apathy is a two way street.

People pleOTE="Hollywoodz, post: 1257090, member: 35256"]I think it's a sign of the times and you're right that many don't want to back it up. I would remind you that apathy is a two way street.[/QUOTE]
People want everyone else to do the work,dosnt mean they dont support the cause. just a sign of the times.

People pleOTE="Hollywoodz, post: 1257090, member: 35256"]I think it's a sign of the times and you're right that many don't want to back it up. I would remind you that apathy is a two way street.
People want everyone else to do the work,dosnt mean they dont support the cause. just a sign of the times.[/QUOTE]
I think union support is even stronger than any of us imagine. The sign of the times I speak of is the unwllingness
People pleOTE="Hollywoodz, post: 1257090, member: 35256"]I think it's a sign of the times and you're right that many don't want to back it up. I would remind you that apathy is a two way street.
People want everyone else to do the work,dosnt mean they dont support the cause. just a sign of the times.[/QUOTE]
I think the union has more support than any of us ever imagined. The sign I'm speaking of is the unwillingness to participate.

Yes, earned, but they're telling us to use our vacation. I love that that seems to bother people. Take some time off, FFS. If you choose to leave, spend it before you go. If you get fired, well, maybe you shouldn't have done that. I don't intend to lose any time, so there's nothing for me to complain about.
The whole the PTO policy is set up to benefit them. If you roll over time from a previous year, that is put up in another bank aside from the PTO you are earning this year.
Then, your PTO is pulled from your current year's bank, not your roll over time.
So that way, you must use all of your currently earned PTO time first beford you can use rollover. That way, they keep all rollover time you have upon separation. Nice little shell game they have going.

All of their linehaul drivers ran into Orlando last night. They do not support the Union. That Barn has 90 plus drivers. They had less than 20 that actually Walk the Line. The strike was a Fizz. The union really showed how strong they are when they can barely get one fifth of the workers to strike. I absolutely love it.
One fifth is incorrect. You should try to verify your information before you post. Thanks...

Wrong information again.
I got the big picture. You need to get a clue. The company did not call for a strike. The union did. And by the way 4/5 of the drivers in Miami ignored the union call to strike. In reality the strike is a joke. And I love it. So I got the big picture the union stinks. The company pays me well. You need to get a clue. Oh yeah, it is all about me.

I got the big picture. You need to get a clue. The company did not call for a strike. The union did. And by the way 4/5 of the drivers in Miami ignored the union call to strike. In reality the strike is a joke. And I love it. So I got the big picture the union stinks. The company pays me well. You need to get a clue. Oh yeah, it is all about me.
Once again, incorrect information. People need to hear facts and not innuendo and misinformation.

Wrong information again.

Once again, incorrect information. People need to hear facts and not innuendo and misinformation.
You got to love these guys from the other side of the country try to tell everyone what went on at your barn. You think they might make a consertive effort to contact you here to find out what exactly the circumstances were. I guess they really want to create their on narrative.

You got to love these guys from the other side of the country try to tell everyone what went on at your barn. You think they might make a consertive effort to contact you here to find out what exactly the circumstances were. I guess they really want to create their on narrative.
I am always available to answer what I know and find out what I dont.

The whole the PTO policy is set up to benefit them. If you roll over time from a previous year, that is put up in another bank aside from the PTO you are earning this year.
Then, your PTO is pulled from your current year's bank, not your roll over time.
So that way, you must use all of your currently earned PTO time first beford you can use rollover. That way, they keep all rollover time you have upon separation. Nice little shell game they have going.

I think you're misunderstanding the policy. There are only two banks- one for all of the time you had at the end of last year, called the Legacy Bank, and another bank for the new policy containing everything you have earned this year and beyond. You use the NEW bank first. Once it's gone, then you draw from the Legacy. If you leave, you keep any legacy bank money left over, no matter how old it is. Anything in the new bank from the current year you keep. Anything older than that in the new bank goes away. Therefore, the new policy only affects time earned under the new policy. That's about as fair as it gets for a policy change.

I think you're misunderstanding the policy. There are only two banks- one for all of the time you had at the end of last year, called the Legacy Bank, and another bank for the new policy containing everything you have earned this year and beyond. You use the NEW bank first. Once it's gone, then you draw from the Legacy. If you leave, you keep any legacy bank money left over, no matter how old it is. Anything in the new bank from the current year you keep. Anything older than that in the new bank goes away. Therefore, the new policy only affects time earned under the new policy. That's about as fair as it gets for a policy change.
That is how I understand it too.