Central Transport | Walking off the Job

The Agitator

TB Lurker
Credits
Posted by; Company Man, 11/21/2013 from the CT board.

Problems in Nashville:

What's going on in Nashville? Our TM at V said a bunch of guys walked off job.. Any news on this?

Hey bad guy, i got a question for you. Are they keeping the barn on visco open or are they all moving into ct on couchville? And are they hand picking who keeps their job ? Tell beller i said wats up u hillbilly loln

We move to the barn on couchville pk this past monday.. theirs a skeleton crew working on visco dr
barn.. had meeting with a guy name stamper and tm damian. They promised things wouldnt change , and they havent so far. Said linehaul drivers would get a bump in pay when the dust settled. City drivers got top pay. They moved us over by seniority.

We move to the barn on couchville pk this past monday.. theirs a skeleton crew working on visco dr
barn.. had meeting with a guy name stamper and tm damian. They promised things wouldnt change , and they havent so far. Said linehaul drivers would get a bump in pay when the dust settled. City drivers got top pay. They moved us over by seniority.
Did they move line haul drivers over by seniority too? If so, that sort of doesn't jive with what's happening in our area.

I'm wondering if the changes are being made the same across the country or it depends on the specific terminals. .

Yes! They started at top and asked. None of the senior drivers wanted to go. But everyone so far seems happy. I know the p&d are happy b/c they bumped up depending on your yrs of service with Vitran. If u had 4yrs or more up got topped out. Road drivers only got a increase on the dock pay. Nothing on the mileage yet. But they said they was b/c it was a big issue. They got four different levels of pay.

stamper and damian are both old school pjax employees, those guys can sure paint a pretty picture. they should be in sales.

We had about 6 guys move to ct so far and are working 6 days to cut 40 hours we have 20 drivers still waiting for the word ...