Wall Street, Congress at fault in failure of Teamsters’ pension fund

Discussion in 'Central States Pension Fund Discussion' started by UTR906, Mar 1, 2016.

1. UTR906

UTR906 "There Is No Armor Against Fate"

2. Crystal

Crystal Well-Known Member

This is probably the best article on the cause of the CSPF's financial situation that I have read so far.

ESP likes this.
  3. Pup Driver

Pup Driver Well-Known Member

If you want to give central States and other troubled unions some breathing room I would suggest stop giving pensions and other benefits to the Right to Work bunch who are not union members but because of these liberal labor laws handed down by republicans must receive union pensions and benefits even though they do not pay dues . They take but don't give .

4. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

You are retired, correct? Do you still pay dues? Are you even in the CSPF?

I'm no longer a dues payer, but I was long enough to be vested in a 20 year pension. CSPF says in the letter they sent what I expect to receive. Where's the problem?

5. Pup Driver

Pup Driver Well-Known Member

Correct on all the above . Now after saying that just because I am retired and fortunate to have a good and solid pension not connected to CSPF doesn't mean I'm not concerned about the new guys and what happens to them . I don't look at it as I got mine so screw you . I'm not one of those that's all about me me me . I still wish that Yellow and Roadway would get their problems fixed and go back the way they were when I was there for the sake of their employees .

jimmy g likes this.