Walnuts Are Drugs, Says FDA

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Toby, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Toby

Toby Well-Known Member

Walnuts Are Drugs, Says FDA | REALfarmacy.com | Healthy News and Information

From the article ---

Just goes to show what a waste of valuable money this agency allocates to foolish things.. It even said if Diamond does not apply for a new drug application that they would seize their supply..

2. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Walnuts sounds like what you should call Thanksgiving day shoppers at that place.
    Lets not forget a native American tree Juglans nigra, the eastern black walnut,
    but you should not give dog nuts except peanuts

3. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Active Member

[by making it less likely that Americans will consume healthful foods, big pharmaceutical companies and medical device manufacturers stand to gain by selling more “expensive cardiac drugs, stents, and coronary bypass procedures” to those made ill by their diets

I whole heartedly agree with this. After taking the same cholesterol medication for over a decade my numbers stayed high, hovering around 200. After getting a tip about grape juice I gave it a try and dropped 80 points in a few short months.

My pill pushing doctor didn't seem very impressed and advised me to "continue with my medications"

Although it has the heart healthy symbol, maybe Welches is smart enough to not make cholesterol lowering claims, although they have to realize it.

4. Toby

Toby Well-Known Member

Diet and exercise will always work to change those numbers as well as eating natural foods .. The industry don't want that to be highlighted though

5. RickyRicardo

Of course, if the Constitution were being followed as intended, none of this would be necessary. The FDA would not exist; but if it did, as a creation of Congress it would have no power to censor any speech whatsoever. If companies are making false claims about their products, the market will quickly punish them for it, and genuine fraud can be handled through the courts. In the absence of a government agency supposedly guaranteeing the safety of their food and drugs and the truthfulness of producers’ claims, consumers would become more discerning, as indeed they already are becoming despite the FDA’s attempts to prevent the dissemination of scientific research. Besides, as Faloon observed, “If anyone still thinks that federal agencies like the FDA protect the public, this proclamation that healthy foods are illegal drugs exposes the government’s sordid charade.”
    Read more at Walnuts Are Drugs, Says FDA | REALfarmacy.com | Healthy News and Information

6. RickyRicardo

I give my dogs the macadamia nuts from my white chip macadamia nut cookies.

By the way, peanuts are legumes, a root vegetable.

7. Magoo

Some blogs say not to give it to them who knows but they are so good its almost as if they are deep fried

8. RickyRicardo

The legendary Tree Terrier was notorious for robbing nuts from trees and even known to kill squirrels who interfered. They were nearly exterminated to extinction by pecan growers in the south after the Civil War. With a decimated economy and the threat of starvation the farmers took to lethal action to protect their crop.
    [​IMG]

9. Magoo

They were thought to have caused more damage then Sherman & Grant combined