Ward going under??????

justagirl

TB Lurker
Credits
Per T**** Ward regarding drivers missing their paycheckS, 'you guys knew we were having financial difficulties as I stated it in the letters regarding payCUTS (NOT missing pays) & layoffs . . . '.

So, drivers be warned! Its happening in the Altoona division with MANY drivers and you are likely to be next!!!

I am SO angry and had my fiance' file a report with the Department of Labor which is what I urge any of you to do as well if it happened to you. Here's the link:

https://www.dlicts.state.pa.us/cts.aspx?c=wage

"The fact that the employer doesn't have the revenue from your work does not relieve them of the obligation to pay you according to the time frame mandated by law, which in Pennsylvania is the next regularly schedule pay day. Contact the state Dept. of Labor and file a claim for unpaid wages."

Well, all I can say is that I don't know how or why this happenned to ou ,but, I have NEVER missed a check on payday ,in fact, we all just received a bonus check last week? Don't know what the deal was in your situation?

Well, all I can say is that I don't know how or why this happenned to ou ,but, I have NEVER missed a check on payday ,in fact, we all just received a bonus check last week? Don't know what the deal was in your situation?

You have GOT to be kidding me!?!?! About 15 guys haven't received their paychecks for 2 weeks and you guys got bonuses??????? At least your bills are getting paid, way to go Ward!

What is the deal with that!?!?!? :cuss:

Someone Is Trolling, I Think

Are you kidding me??? Let your company not send 2 paychecks to you and lets see how 'happy' you are about it.

I posted this to see what others are saying in other divisions or in the same division as this is typicall what happens right before companies close their doors. Research it!

I don't find this funny at all, I have bills to pay and children to support not to mention that my fiance' does NOT work for free, especially when he put in 12 hours a day.

So, if you have no input to this other than accusing newcomers as trolls and trolling, then keep your accusations to yourself.

The Facts

Well, 1st of all let me just say that if you are going to get on here and trash a company then know what you are talking about! The "Altoona Division".....what is that? Do you mean the "Truckload Division" or Ward Truckload Express? I work on the LTL side and have for about 7 years. I am not a linehaul driver going to 3 different terminals each night including 1 of our break facilities where I run into several of our drivers every night and have not once heard anyone claim that they were not paid for a week of work! These are pretty strong accusations to be making especially when you don't seem to know exactly what ou are talking about. Ward Trucking LLC has several different divisions within its company ,but, not 1 is known as the "Altoona Division" Altoona, PA is just the home office for the company. I am sorry to hear about your situation and am in no way on here to bash anyone ,however, I am very happy working for Ward and have never had a problem whatsoever ,but, I guess some people have to do what they have to do. I know that if I missed 2 paychecks though I wouldn't be signing up on a website and bashing the company. I would be putting my time and efforts into taking actions to find out what the deal is! Good luck with all of this!

Well, 1st of all let me just say that if you are going to get on here and trash a company then know what you are talking about! The "Altoona Division".....what is that? Do you mean the "Truckload Division" or Ward Truckload Express? I work on the LTL side and have for about 7 years. I am not a linehaul driver going to 3 different terminals each night including 1 of our break facilities where I run into several of our drivers every night and have not once heard anyone claim that they were not paid for a week of work! These are pretty strong accusations to be making especially when you don't seem to know exactly what ou are talking about. Ward Trucking LLC has several different divisions within its company ,but, not 1 is known as the "Altoona Division" Altoona, PA is just the home office for the company. I am sorry to hear about your situation and am in no way on here to bash anyone ,however, I am very happy working for Ward and have never had a problem whatsoever ,but, I guess some people have to do what they have to do. I know that if I missed 2 paychecks though I wouldn't be signing up on a website and bashing the company. I would be putting my time and efforts into taking actions to find out what the deal is! Good luck with all of this!

I admit to not knowing about the trucking industry (truckload express) and correct, these are strong accusations but they happen to be true.

I have every right to bash this company when they don't pay 'some' of their drivers or some of their drivers are getting their checks 2 weeks late. Unfortunately for us, its a fact. Maybe you're a lucky 1 b/c you've been with the company for many years? My guy was there 7 months. Maybe the low totem pool guys get screwed first. Who knows but we most certainly DO have an attorney and we have also filed a complaint with the department of labor.

AGAIN . . . . my point of coming here is to see if any other drivers are having or have had the same problem. I am in NO WAY bashing other drivers. In fact, if I were a driver I would want to know whats happening within the company that I work for that could potentially happen to me.

This is the beauty of the internet, to talk to others without traveling the world to do so . . . . I'm not just some company basher but when it comes to messing with 1.) my kids and 2.) my money, then there will be a price to pay (no punt intended). I know of no one who doesn't work hard for their money so its a huge slap in the face when something like this happens to someone.

I hope things continue to go well for you and that you never experience this nightmare.

The other beauty of the internet is that people can hide behind anonymous screen names and spread rumors about people and companies.
I am not a Ward employee and am not hear to defend Ward in any way, shape or form. I am just giving a heads up to the people who read this crap and start spreading this garbage. Then when someone asks where it was heard and TRUCKINGBOARD comes up and the reputation that people have worked so hard to protect, gets run through the ringer.

All because someone had an ax to grind. This is not even second hand information, it is from an alleged girl friend of an alleged driver.

Please lady

And before you start with I was only asking for information, save it. You posted accusing the company of not paying your "fiance" and "WARNED" other drivers, as well as, recommended filing complaints and posting some BS about a company not being able to meet their responsibilities.

SO save it. This is not some cheesecake BS message board to come and rant about complete and utter garbage.

Ward is a very financial sound company. Maybe your better half isn't telling you everything. Maybe you just have an axe to grind. No company and I mean no company is going not pay employees for 2 weeks and keep it's doors open, forget your part of the paycheck, they have federal and state obligations to pay, and trust me if the govt isn't getting their cut they will be the first to complain. Now that that's out of the way... Did they maybe switch to a every two week paycheck system? This is not uncommon and it doesn't effect how much you make, just the pay days are different. I could see where somone living paycheck to paycheck would be troubled by this. I am betting there is more to this story, but please don't spread false rumors, Because thier are drivers that actually like working for ward and they shouldn't have to worry because you have an agenda.

The other beauty of the internet is that people can hide behind anonymous screen names and spread rumors about people and companies.
I am not a Ward employee and am not hear to defend Ward in any way, shape or form. I am just giving a heads up to the people who read this crap and start spreading this garbage. Then when someone asks where it was heard and TRUCKINGBOARD comes up and the reputation that people have worked so hard to protect, gets run through the ringer.

All because someone had an ax to grind. This is not even second hand information, it is from an alleged girl friend of an alleged driver.

Please lady

And before you start with I was only asking for information, save it. You posted accusing the company of not paying your "fiance" and "WARNED" other drivers, as well as, recommended filing complaints and posting some BS about a company not being able to meet their responsibilities.

SO save it. This is not some cheesecake BS message board to come and rant about complete and utter garbage.

EVERYONE is behind anonymous screennames on the internet and yes, I do have an "ax" to grind when it comes to my FIANCE' NOT GETTING PAID FOR TWO F'ING WEEKS AS WOULD YOU if it were you!!!!

Don't you dare try to belittle me or my LEGITIMATE complaint. Don't tell me that you have NEVER heard of a company not meeting their responsibilities or all of a sudden closing their doors???? It happens just as it happened that he has not received a check for 2 weeks so whats your answer to this 'oh wise one'??? Why would this be?? Oh thats right, you don't even drive for the company so you have no relevent input.

For the other Ward drivers, thanks for your replies. I don't know what the deal is but it'll get resolved one way or another.

Ward is a very financial sound company. Maybe your better half isn't telling you everything. Maybe you just have an axe to grind. No company and I mean no company is going not pay employees for 2 weeks and keep it's doors open, forget your part of the paycheck, they have federal and state obligations to pay, and trust me if the govt isn't getting their cut they will be the first to complain. Now that that's out of the way... Did they maybe switch to a every two week paycheck system? This is not uncommon and it doesn't effect how much you make, just the pay days are different. I could see where somone living paycheck to paycheck would be troubled by this. I am betting there is more to this story, but please don't spread false rumors, Because thier are drivers that actually like working for ward and they shouldn't have to worry because you have an agenda.

Really??? Well their doors ARE open and we have NOT received 2 checks that are owed and are PAST DUE.

False rumors? what rumor? that the company MAY be going under? well that would be my 1st guess when people start missing their checks. A rumor that he hasn't gotten paid? No, sorry, this happens to be a fact. My ONE AND ONLY AGENDA is to get the checks that my fiance has worked hard for and once that happens, I'll be gone.

Hey sweetie pie, why don't you try this one for a change. Its your guy's job and your guy's check, why don't you let him take care of it instead of embarassing him anymore.

I am done with this waste of time.