Warehouse & Distribution Science

you don't think freight is still beingl load that way . after cf shut down i got on with roadway after that holland it all was the same. freight is freight dock is a dock pull the names out of a hat and you got us all

That trailer is a complete mess, I have seen many poorly loaded trailers before, but this trailer looks like something you would see at ups or fedex package delivery.

your right that was a bad looking load but that load didn't put us out it was lot of otherthings to like how linehaul city dock office work was done. the last two years they wanted to show lost's and they did. they didn't want us to make it. after cf shutdown the first sat that roadway call me in i took a saversort full of bills out to the trailer and broke the seal i had to get a forklift to open the door and look at the freight and said to myself tell me is this roadway or cf looks the same to me. like i say they wanted us gone and they got it and your going to see somemore this time and it's nonunions this time. and for the record not all loads look that way for the most part we had a lot of people that did care for there jobs

Excf you are exactly right.

I've work for Yellow, ABF, TransCon as well as RedStar. The operations are similar if not the same, If the article didn't say so, it could have been any trucking company, non-union, union, long haul or regional in the counrty.

If this was the reason why CF went out then everyone from any other trucking company better go out today and seek alternate employement becuase its all over.

And Daddy 000, I can only assume that you've only seen a hand full of package loaded trailers, becuase every trailer that leaves and arrives at a UPS hub is a work of art................they look like puzzles, no cracks, perfectly straight, labels out, arrows up, dust and dirt free, almost like a mint on the pillow.

T251

teamster251 you said it better than I. all the same then and now don't know about ups never work there so i can't say but i work for a lot of freightlines in the70s and there all gone now. i just hope the one's that left make it

I don't think the article is saying CF went out of business due to poor work methods. (poor stacking) I think they are saying that CF went after freight other companies didn't want. Large cartoon orders being one example. I don't see near the cartoon count at Roadway as I did 6-8 years ago. Also CF encouraged breaking down skid loads which Roadway used to do also but now it is no longer the case.