Holland | Warn Act Checks

Dirtball

TB Lurker
Credits
Subject: USF WARN Act Update

I am sorry to report that the checks are not going out today.

There was yet another sticking point between USF/YRC and ADP that required YRC to sign some papers -- and that didn't get done until today. That means the checks will not go out until at least Tuesday (we have been told previously by ADP there is two day turnaround). If that changes, we'll let you know.

We are as frustrated as you by these delays.

Chuck

Charles A. Ercole, Esquire
Klehr, Harrison, Harvey, Branzburg & Ellers, LLP
260 S. Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102-5003
Phone: (215) 569-4282
Fax: (215) 568-6603
Email: [email protected]

I'll Bet The Problem Is With Adp. If It's The Same Company I Deal With...they Are Out Of Salt Lake City And They Suck!!!!!!!!!

Dirtball said:
Another delay...Is there no end to this stuff..How much more is USF gonna screw with the red Star guys?
Got an e-mail from the lawyer tpday stating adp is going to overnight the checks to him on tues...this is a copy of the e-mail

it will overnight all the checks to me for Tuesday (6/27) and we will mail them to each of you that day. If anything changes, I will email you.

Chuck

?

Why is it called Warn Act. I thought warn act was 60 days pay. Now if you want to call it severnce pay ok because not everybody is getting the same amount.

Latest Info I got from the Lawyer..

EXCUSES,EXCUSES,EXCUSES and more EXCUSES....................

This is the latest Info i received from the lawyer.Seems they are still playing their damn Games with our settlement...

Subject: USF

The checks did not go out today. We held off emailing everyone until now because we wanted to have as much info as possible.

Late yesterday, USF/YRC questioned the amount it was required to wire to ADP for employer payroll taxes (approx. $900,000) and refused to wire the money. After discussions last evening and early today, that issue was resolved, but USF/YRC then said it still cannot wire the funds before Thursday. ADP will not cut and send the checks to us until it has USF's money for taxes (it already has our money for the checks).

We plan on sending out the checks the day we receive them (which looks like Friday at the earliest at this point).

If you have any questions or complaints, please contact YRC's attorney, Steve Brenneman @ 312-332-0777 or [email protected]or the YRC VP who signed the settlement agreement and has been authorizing [or not] these recent actions -- Genevieve Silveroli @ 330-643-6791 or [email protected]

Chuck

Charles A. Ercole, Esquire
260 S. Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102-5003
Phone: (215) 569-4282
Email: [email protected]

I just reread Judge Tucker's order & it looks to me that the costs of cutting & distribution of the checks are coming out of the lawyer's 25%.

If this is correct, then its no wonder that there are so many problems & delays.

It appears to me that the lawyer paid for the no frills plan.

2631 said:
I just reread Judge Tucker's order & it looks to me that the costs of cutting & distribution of the checks are coming out of the lawyer's 25%.

If this is correct, then its no wonder that there are so many problems & delays.

It appears to me that the lawyer paid for the no frills plan.
No !!! I read it wrong, the costs are not coming out of his 25%. So why all the delays ?

Sorry guys.

Simple to the point,It is USF and there lawyers that are screwing things up,these are things that he should have been aware of but just doesn't care about.The e-mail from lawyer chuck has his phone number and E-mail address,maybe it's time to start hounding him..CRAZY

In no way do I CONDONE THE ACTIONS OF YRC, but from a bussiness point ,I see that they are postponing the payout to the 3rd qtr. In looking back the one thing I wish Her Honor Patrice Tucker would have done is MAKE USF/YRC pay the classes Attorney's fees, which by the way I just read that she could have.
(US CODE: Title 29,2104(a)(6) ):chairshot:
In the mean time they are SCREWING each and every one of us. We should have been paid the whole amount and issued a 1099 making the taxes our responsibility, which for most of us would have been a wash or close to one anyway. The only bright side to this is if you want to call it that is since the monies were given to Chuck and put into escerow( sorry if it's mispelled) is that WE the class are getting the interest.
It's been a long difficult road, but the end is in sight. Hopefully this will all be over soon.:smilie_132:

I got this E-Mail on friday.

All the checks we received from ADP went out today (1800).

Have a great 4th.

Sheri L. Galletta
Secretary to Charles A. Ercole, Esquire and
Julie Holland Kinkopf, Esquire
260 S. Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
(215) 569-4298
[email protected]

Checks are in !!!

I just got my WARN & Sick Days check in the mail Gross $4365.91- Net $2559.36

And a big thank you to the Red Star guys who had the guts to file the lawsuit against USF