WARN ACT Worker Adjustment & Retraining Notification Act

TeamsterForever

TB Lurker
Credits
The bad news is out and my sympathies extend to all the employees at NCT. There are plenty of new jobs out there, the freight has not fell off the face of the earth. If anyone is interested, the WARN ACT protects employees with benefits when your employer ceases operations without the mandatory 60 day written notification. the web site is: Employment Development Department You will see 2 columns, one for the state of CA. and the federal listing which pertains to the rest of the country. Look it over, it's very informative. It specifically spells out what you are entitled to. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

A Copy of that form is included in the letter received from NCT today and it states on that form no benefits. When do we loose our health benefits? today or at the end of the month?

New Century cited the Millville Dallas Airmotive Plant Job Loss Notification Act, which although a legitimate Act , is their way to end around the WARN ACT, which gives you more leverage to get monies from a company that ILLEGALLY closes and breaks federal laws and guidelines. Basically you're on your own, because there is no representation protecting you like a union. When my employer did this to me, I had the union to get me my 60 day severance pay on my behalf. I'm not sure what local 107 has the power to do on your behalf, but considering they were organizing the job prior to this chapter 7 filing, there may be some leverage to actually help you. Remember, the ruling in Washington still has to be heard and that puts negotiations retro to December 2013.Something to consider.

Sadly this is all a new area for me and I have no idea what you are saying. What is the bottom line? Screwed or a chance to get 60 days of benefits. I do not live near the terminal and can't hop on over to talk to other drivers.

60 days no, you will be offered Cobra and sorry we wont see a penny from the WARN act. It will just be more lawyers getting fat on us little people. In the end we are all screwed period.

Ine216,my suggestion to you, because there is no representation, is to file a complaint on behalf of yourself with the NLRB, and cite the WARN ACT. This way you, as an individual will have least protect yourself and get the ball rolling for you and your family. If you go on the NLRB website, I'm pretty sure it will navigate you to the proper forms. Beachday, stop spreading negativity and turmoil to a group of people that have lost their livelihood. If you have nothing to say that's positive and helpful don't feed more negativity to those who care. You have no proof that the WARN ACT will not help. I know firsthand that it does.

60 days no, you will be offered Cobra and sorry we wont see a penny from the WARN act. It will just be more lawyers getting fat on us little people. In the end we are all screwed period.

When Jevic went out,in the same manner. NO COBRA was available, if memory serves. The biz has to be operating to offer COBRA