ABF | Warning: This is a RUMOR I heard about ABF Systems

HillBilly Frog

TB Veteran
Credits
I have heard some new rumors about ABF being looked at as a favorable purchase for a Large World Wide Company. Anyone else heard any rumblings?:hide:

I have heard some new rumors about ABF being looked at as a favorable purchase for a Large World Wide Company. Anyone else heard any rumblings?:hide:

In some of our meeting we keep hearing Brown will not be number 2 in anything. So you never know they want their freight division to double.

just think if ups does buy us and merges us with upsf, all the upsf guys will end tail if they don't go union quickly

What would UPS gain by buying ABF ? I dont get it....cant they just expand Overnite/UPSFreight ? It would be cheaper (wage wise) and we all know the UPS name stands up by itself. I wish it would happen...maybe I would not be 5 guys from layoff after 5 years (not stable for me).

What would UPS gain by buying ABF ? I dont get it....cant they just expand Overnite/UPSFreight ? It would be cheaper (wage wise) and we all know the UPS name stands up by itself. I wish it would happen...maybe I would not be 5 guys from layoff after 5 years (not stable for me).

I guess that we don't see the big picture. Remember when we asked what could Yellow gain by buying Roadway/ New Penn? & then buying USF? Why would Fed Ex buy Watkins? Just maybe UPS doesn't want DHL to get ABF.

Read the article in Trafic World, December 11,2006 The possibility of UPS acquiring ABF and TNT Express is in the cards for 2007

Ups would have to buy ABF,ESTES, and OLD DOMINION in order to be larger then fedex freight now is. The DHL rumor is nothing more then that if dhl is going to buy any freight company it will not be a teamster company. Dhl hopes to make a profit off their american package market within the next 3 years until then I dont see them making too many more bold moves.

Ups would have to buy ABF,ESTES, and OLD DOMINION in order to be larger then fedex freight now is. The DHL rumor is nothing more then that if dhl is going to buy any freight company it will not be a teamster company. Dhl hopes to make a profit off their american package market within the next 3 years until then I dont see them making too many more bold moves.

Oh please! Give me a break...:biglaugh:

Wishful thinking lukepa FXF is not as big and any of the ones you mentioned. FXF is still a regional LTL carrier. Who from DHL told you that they would not but a Company with Teamster workers?

I guess that we don't see the big picture. Remember when we asked what could Yellow gain by buying Roadway/ New Penn? & then buying USF? Why would Fed Ex buy Watkins? Just maybe UPS doesn't want DHL to get ABF.

Very good point...:smilie_132:

Wishful thinking lukepa FXF is not as big and any of the ones you mentioned. FXF is still a regional LTL carrier. Who from DHL told you that they would not but a Company with Teamster workers?

Wishful thinking maybe. One thing he sounds like a good FXF employee and takes pride in his company. You have to admire that even if he is a little off. :funky:

Ok..I can see that. I still think UPS is going to blow everybodys minds and buy YRC, it fits their style and would instantly make them the global shipping leader for anything. They do have the money and anything is possible. I also feel we (ABF) will be purchased by YRC in 07 or 08 at the latest.

Ok..I can see that. I still think UPS is going to blow everybodys minds and buy YRC, it fits their style and would instantly make them the global shipping leader for anything. They do have the money and anything is possible. I also feel we (ABF) will be purchased by YRC in 07 or 08 at the latest.

I don't think by YRC buying ABF that it would have any global effect at all. It looks to me as if the only one that would gain in a global sense by buying ABF would be DHL.

So as long as we are playing the rumor game, my guess is DHL buys ABF to give them complete LTL coverage in the US.

I see this, we are bigger and better than UPS attitude from alot of Fedx drivers. Why is this? Its almost like a little boy thing. Although I do believe they have alot of new young drivers out there. I hear the way they act on the radio all the time in the North East.