ABF | Warning: This is a RUMOR I heard about ABF Systems

Just heard today that "supposedly" a deal has been made and that someone bought ABF. Now this came from someone who spoke with an ABF driver I assume in KC/MO and that they announced it on the dock. Not claiming this as fact just passing on what I had heard.

Maybe it's UPS and ABF can share our great contract everyone thinks is so good. :hysterical:

Just heard today that "supposedly" a deal has been made and that someone bought ABF. Now this came from someone who spoke with an ABF driver I assume in KC/MO and that they announced it on the dock. Not claiming this as fact just passing on what I had heard.

Sheez another buyer. Since I been here theres been at least 5 different people bought this flea circus. Nobody cares anymore

Just what is the truth? It's getting to the point that you have to sift through tons of BS to got one ounce of truth. Not hardly worth it.

You are RIGHT. We are being bought out by a crowbar manufacturing firm, doing a leveraged buyout.

Hows that for a new one?:smilie_132:

:biglaugh:

ABF making a large purchase !!

I was told today that ABF is making a VERY large purchase in the next few weeks. This was comfirmed by a RVP to me directly. This purchase will change trucking as we know it today and will make our largest competitors watch ABF very closely. The deal will be financed with cash and a 10 year loan, corporate feels we can pay off the debt in as little as 6 to 7 years if the market rebounds in the next 2 years, if the market does not rebound they will take the loan to term. They expect to see a return in the first quarter of 08 and I was told this will be a cash cow for the company.........they are going to purchase pencils, 1 dozen per terminal, they must last at least 12 months for this to be profitable, if they see nice profit in 08 they may even repeat this purchase in 09 and beyond. The future is looking bright at ABF:smilie_132:

Just what is the truth? It's getting to the point that you have to sift through tons of BS to got one ounce of truth. Not hardly worth it.
It's a shame when people come on here and start spreading BS, you know?
But I heard from a very reliable source who has a cousin that dated a girl once that knew a guy who's brother was a janitor for a cleaning company and he overheard 2 guys talking in a men's room and one mentioned that he knew someone that had a relative that worked blah blah blah.......... to make a long story short, he quoted an extremely reliable source that they thought DHL was interested in buying abf?
Anyone else here confirm this?

It's a shame when people come on here and start spreading BS, you know?
But I heard from a very reliable source who has a cousin that dated a girl once that knew a guy who's brother was a janitor for a cleaning company and he overheard 2 guys talking in a men's room and one mentioned that he knew someone that had a relative that worked blah blah blah.......... to make a long story short, he quoted an extremely reliable source that they thought DHL was interested in buying abf?
Anyone else here confirm this?

Yeah but that guys brothers, cousins, friends, sister-in-laws brother, who had a friend who knew the girl, before she went to college, said she lost the job because....

It keeps getting better everyday. Maybe Bob will buy Con-way, and Fed-Ex Freight. Hey come to think of it I think I heard that when I was in the mens room, from some guy who knew a friend of his uncles, cousins, sisters brother, who was a personal friend of the vice president in charge of bright ideas, who shares golf shoes with the HMFIC of recreation who....

Gotta love it. ...........Who Cares.

Hey come to think of it I think I heard that when I was in the mens room, from some guy who knew a friend of his uncles, cousins, sisters brother, who was a personal friend of the vice president in charge of bright ideas, who shares golf shoes with the HMFIC of recreation who....

Be very careful of rumors you hear in the mens room. The guy that said it wasn;t tapping his foot on the floor at the same time, trying to get your attention, was he?

Yeah but that guys brothers, cousins, friends, sister-in-laws brother, who had a friend who knew the girl, before she went to college, said she lost the job because....

It keeps getting better everyday. Maybe Bob will buy Con-way, and Fed-Ex Freight. Hey come to think of it I think I heard that when I was in the mens room, from some guy who knew a friend of his uncles, cousins, sisters brother, who was a personal friend of the vice president in charge of bright ideas, who shares golf shoes with the HMFIC of recreation who....

I guess Mikey likes it......:hysterical::hysterical:

Be very careful of rumors you hear in the mens room. The guy that said it wasn;t tapping his foot on the floor at the same time, trying to get your attention, was he?

Ya think?:biglaugh:

I don't think there was any politicians around. :hysterical:

For the love of all thats holy!!!

Yeah I suppose it should be dead, but the BS is so funny, how can we let it die?:hysterical:

:biglaugh:

:eck13:

:bananalama:

wake up ups would just buy another growning no-union company like
R&L or Estes why buy into the central states pension fund and other union problems?