ODFL | Warning; Unsafe Road Condition In Ga.

truckerhog

TB Lurker
Credits
Cancel for the 2nd day because of the weather, :TR10driving03:South is cripple with 2 to 3" of ice on the highways, I-75 North and South bound shut down because of all the tractor/trailers accidents, same on I-20 East & West, I-285 East & West, 400 North & South and I-675 North & South. Highway department is having a hard time trying to clean the roads because all of the accidents. The highway department is not doing a very good job cleaning the roads with :Emoticon_digging:sand/gravel mixer with salt will not work on ice. We have teams on I-20 that can't make it into ATL. ATL Term., ATW, CHA & NGA Terms. is shut down nobody is working, just the dispatcher if can make it in or do a double shift until one can make it in. It is not getting any better Tuesday on the highways so be:6799::shift: extra careful if you are dispatch to any of the Atlanta Terms. Its your life, check ahead, its your choice!!!!!!

Usually it's us out here in the middle of the country dealing with the adverse weather and bad highways. Didn't run last nite due to conditions but, I think that was largely due do the blu being onboard. Stay safe out there and remember, Spring is coming!!!!

Feel bad for those in locations that states don't have needed equipment, prolongs and makes conditions worse than need be. Spent 4 days in AMA, Amarillo TX. due to ice storm 4 winters ago. Can be frustrating. Spent last 3 days running in conditions that would close roads in other regions. Mountain passes that measure by the foot, not the inch. Just that the region has equipment and crews to keep us running, yet it does get shut down here also.