Watch out for truck stop products!

Snowman ton

TB Lurker
Credits
One of my buddies invented "mrplate" which is a plate that mounts on the trucks outside antenna to give you a magnetic plate to mount your satellite antenna to, it seemed like a great idea and I bought one from him and it works good. Simple idea, but the company that asked him to carry them took his idea and basically left him in the cold I just wanted to post this to keep other truckers aware that you must patient your ideas before letting them buy from you or showing them your idea. This isn't my product but it really made me mad when I heard about it so I figure since he isn't part of this forum I wanted to warn everyone! He is still selling these still on his site and know I might get kicked off this site for saying this but I hope you fellow truckers looking for one of these pass up the truck stop ones and buy directly from the site he slashed his price to almost half off to try and make ends meet. if you can help him out that would be great. Don't trust the big companies without getting a patient first or a lawyer! :regretful:

Thanks guys
Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not that original of an idea. 6 years ago I cut a piece out of an old lawnmower blade, drilled a hole and presto, XM antenna mount that stays with my vice grip CB antenna.

You were correct in one thing though, Truckingboards isn't a launch pad for web sites selling stuff.

I got ripped off too.
The toilet seat with your CB handle written on it
that fits a 5 gallon bucket
was my idea
Bar-Jan ripped me off
I had no patent
"shower in a can" was my idea also

One of my buddies invented "mrplate" which is a plate that mounts on the trucks outside antenna to give you a magnetic plate to mount your satellite antenna to, it seemed like a great idea and I bought one from him and it works good. Simple idea, but the company that asked him to carry them took his idea and basically left him in the cold I just wanted to post this to keep other truckers aware that you must patient your ideas before letting them buy from you or showing them your idea.

Thanks guys
Tom

if your "buddy" got left out in the cold....

he deserved it.

if he wasn't smart enough to get a patent, and shot off his mouth about the product, or put it up on his own website, without any protection from copying it or infringement, then he deserved it.

as far as purchasing things from a truck stop, why should i or anyone else beware of them..??

if they got something that i need, then i will buy it. the truck stops in of themselves, do not manufacture the products, they buy from suppliers.

your "buddy" was stupid...... pure, plain and simple.

Sorry I just was pissed and was warning fellow drivers of the ideas of inventions to big companies

but you went on to say that truck stops are at fault here....

why did you stop at truck stops..??

you should have warned us about the corner hot dog stand, that stole someone's idea of selling hot dogs, or the little kids that sell lemonade, or the door to door vacuum cleaner salesman...all stealing ideas from someone else...

I am working on a new product right now.
It's a piece of plastic that looks like a hand
and I put a stiff piece of wire behind it,
then attach it to a suction cup.
IT LOOKS LIKE ITS WAVING!!!!
I'M NOT KIDDING!!!
Still working on what to do with it though.

I am working on a new product right now.
It's a piece of plastic that looks like a hand
and I put a stiff piece of wire behind it,
then attach it to a suction cup.
IT LOOKS LIKE ITS WAVING!!!!
I'M NOT KIDDING!!!
Still working on what to do with it though.
ALREADY DONE!!
Your idea isn't new.
I had such a creation in '79 or '80 on a '65 Rambler 2 door attached to the inside of driver side rear window and "the hand" also GLOWED IN THE DARK.
It had a ARRIVE ALIVE!! message.
I believe it stayed with the car after I totaled it through a stupid driver maneuver.
- - - -
Snowman ton=Don't trust the big companies without getting a patient first or a lawyer!
Actually friend, one might do well when after having created something for the masses, to be PATIENT before applying for a PATENT while one will most assuredly need a LAWYER, one need not become a PATIENT during the course of the PATENT process, unless one is careless where one walks, doesn't look both ways before crossing a street or runs anywhere while holding open scissors, especially on a pool deck.

PATIENCE before PATENT except when filing alphabetically.

As Pro1driver says: ....less on this later..

CHEERS!!

I already had the glow in the dark covered.
Put it on a car?
Not a bad idea
. A car you say, maybe a truck?
hmmmm
better than my idea.
I was going to put it on a belt buckle.

all right I guess I'm a little late
I was just testings the waters
before I jumped in with both feet

how about a CB handle registry
for a small fee
you can register your CB handle

I like that Guardrail

I've been thinking about a belly supporter
Maybe something on wheels that folds up when not in use
57426d1384272031-beware-for-new-swifties-gulletman.jpg.att

I like that Guardrail

I've been thinking about a belly supporter
Maybe something on wheels that folds up when not in use
57426d1384272031-beware-for-new-swifties-gulletman.jpg.att
Thank You for the epitome of what a Trucker represents, or used to represent.

There's something available to help support the burden and such contraption has been used @ some times in history (verification unavailable @ this time) for (what may appear to some as) unusually large chests of women, however I know not to where a look or of where acquisition is obtained (nothing suggestive here, simmer down fellers/fellas) and according to the NEW TRUCKINGBOARD RULES, such presentation of such product (IF/as available) is/are NOT TO BE PRESENTED for public edification.
Supplying links through P.M. is acceptable for those people that wish to pursue such devices/contraptions/supports acquisition IF/WHERE available.

***not to be used for the other purpose, your mileage will vary, read the fine print, no refunds or exchanges, no warranties implied or presented, use at your own risk, not responsible for stupid people attempting experimental actions while using ANY product for personal gain.***
Contact your Sponsor for more information.

***NOTHING in this post is suggestive of anything and shall not be construed as suggestive of anything.***

Thank You 4 yur tym.
LESS ON THIS LATER!!--(stolen from pro1driver)
CHEERS!!

that fat trucker might be able to use this..??

7210013L.jpg

he probably used to use, this......but as anyone can see....

he blew out the tires...

hough-payloader-02.jpg

he may also be the reason why so many truck stops do not have an "all you can eat buffet", 24/7/365....

i am sure that Richard Simmons is crying about this as well.....

simmons.jpg