Watch out

Black Dot

TB Lurker
Credits
A couple of days ago I told you that 68 was hiring. Well, they tried to pull a fast one on us. They were hiring the drivers as CARRIER INS. That's right - they were being hired as non union. We caught on fast & called the union . Well the first reaction by the business agent was we talk & see what its all about. Our steward said there will be no talk - if they are hired as non union we walk! Well I am glad it all worked out. By 9 am this morning the steward was informed the new hires will be hired as NEMF drivers.
I don't understand this company anymore. I've been here over 20 years & I never saw management mess with drivers as this one does. Ever hear the saying "DON'T BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU". They asked us for a 5% pay cut & we gave it. Last week they asked us at 68 to step up to the plate now that we covering more area.
I don't believe this is Mike Shevll doing this. I think it's new guys from Con way which he hired a couple years ago. Mike always repected his drivers. That's how he got where he is today. In closing I telling you all any new hire check & make sure that they being hire as NEMF drivers!

we will keep an eye out aswell....doesnt management know that whatever they try and pull on the drivers that we will and shall have a slight upperhand... in more ways than one...we make this company what it is by doing the job day in and day out.. we make sure the pickups get done even with crappy dispatching..the office couldnt do one day what us drivers are doing everyday..if they tell you they have,get on the road again boys and prove it!

There are WAY too many games being played right now, We have a "Carrier" driver, doing Carrier work out of our terminal.....but when that account shuts down they give him NEMF work, which from what I understand is ok if everyone is working, but he better not be working when NEMF guys are sent home!!!

guys, a non union , cartage or part timer can do anything just as long as everyone is working.....i like your stance"we'll walk if we dont get our way"..if you do or did they would shut the place down.like they were going to do with philly..so really u dont have much power...sounds good though....theres a non strike clause in ur contract also...
as for the conway boys mike made it clear he's the boss..their just another puppet now.

i would expect with wht i have seen the last couple of months with 5 terminals closing ur going to see more B S , be aware of whts going on becasue there are more ways to get back wht they are taking...

What make you think that will kept hiring non union drivers until they out number the union drivers! That no strike cause is bull! All barn is the 4Th highest profit making in the system. If YRC close they will have no choice to reopen Mt JOY because we could not handle it.

they will probably open it when the freight and economy pick up..i know we couldnt handle if anybody went out from our terminal..there's not enough guys for the freight we have know...then as we miss pickups, they tell guys not to come in....but the numbers look good