FedEx Freight | Watkins Name Change?

Grizzly said:
What time are the services, lets bury this thing once and for all !
At the end of your next run or shift, drink the adult beverage of your choice and say something nice about this dead thread. Later this week, say Friday or so, put on your best go to church duds right when you wake up. Go eat breakfast, read the newspaper, think deeply about this dear departed thread and then change into your regular clothes and go about your business thinking of this dear, dead departed thread no more.:tribehasspoken:

shop said:
It makes it pretty damn easy for them to screw me out of my quarterly bonus too!!!!
well at least you got yours buy the quarter.They screwed us for the yearly bounus.

take a minute and look at the postive things Fed-Ex would get if they went all contractors,no fuel cost, no benifits, no tractor costs, no maintance, no overtime, no holiday pay, no vacation pay, and a bunch of guys who want to make sure everything gets pickup and delivered evey day.

curbside said:
take a minute and look at the postive things Fed-Ex would get if they went all contractors: a bunch of guys who want to make sure everything gets pickup and delivered evey day.
I think ground had ample experience with this in the beginning. Let's see, one package out here in bum f--k Egypt, they won't mind if I stick it in the back of the van for a month until I have three more out there. Oh, it's raining today, I'll hang in the coffee shop until it quits. Oh, it's hot today, I'll stay home.
Give me a freakin' break. Eager contractors my A$$:biglaugh:

BillyLo said:
At the moment, FXF doesn't have a current interest in OD. They're mainly looking to start a large scaled lease operation on the freight corridor of things. Watkins is a starting point and then the rest will follow to become a 90% lease fleet and those who resist will be kicked to the curb. Things are going to be interesting this summer when it all begins. Wonder if we'll have lease programs on the trucks we're currently driving?? Than Ground division seems to be doing well, so I'm sure we'll all be fine leasing.
You talk as if you have facts but I think you have none. I say hogwash to your rediculous post.

curbside said:
take a minute and look at the postive things Fed-Ex would get if they went all contractors,no fuel cost, no benifits, no tractor costs, no maintance, no overtime, no holiday pay, no vacation pay, and a bunch of guys who want to make sure everything gets pickup and delivered evey day.
It is clear that you have no knowledge of FedEx Ground's operation.

GUY'S/ i said it once I'LL say it again fdx frt will buy a CANADIAN carrier for running right's who it is i don't know at this point,we as driver's won't know untill after the fact.

Back to the name change issue
Watkins is known as "the flying W"
If Fedex buys them out will they be known as "a flying F" ?

Thanks for stepping in boys ...
Hairbear , Grizzly , Rattlesnake ,
good job I like what you guys had to say here .

CORNBINDER said:
GUY'S/ i said it once I'LL say it again fdx frt will buy a CANADIAN carrier for running right's who it is i don't know at this point,we as driver's won't know untill after the fact.
I think you are right cornbinder. FXF as well as UPSF, need a national Canadian carrier. UPS right after the rebranding press release stated that "O" was the first aquisition to be branded UPSF. Then last week rumors started with Midland, Vitran, Day&Ross, Roberts etc. Both companies are well behind CNF up there. It will be interesting to say the least who both of them bid for.

This ia a good read !!!
I would sugest all to read this and thank you truckindaddy for the find.

Maybe Fedex Can

fedkins said:
:deal: What do you guys think Watkins' name will change to after FXF buys them?
FXF South?
My guess is that the big reason they were bought is to get the rights to open in Canada . Not real familiar how the teams work but that would be beneficial for moving the freight from one coast to the other and getting rid of Purchased Transportation

bear6997 said:
My guess is that the big reason they were bought is to get the rights to open in Canada . Not real familiar how the teams work but that would be beneficial for moving the freight from one coast to the other and getting rid of Purchased Transportation
Yep, keep all the cash "in house".

FM