FedEx Freight | Watkins/national Freight

WornOut

TB Lurker
Credits
I delivered 6 pallets out of CA the other day with Watkins pro's all over them, has anyone seen any influx of Watkins freight lately? I was just wondering if any was starting to mix in......anyone?:nutkick:

It is very possible that shipper put the wrong pros on the shipment or maybe it was shipped to them by WML and they shipped it back out without a repack.

Well

i rescued some of WML's freight the other day. It got to the local terminal in Salt Lake City on Monday and was not going to deliver until thursday - the delivery location was 32 minutes from the terminal. So, we went in and picked it up and delivered it 38 minutes later for the customer. just cant understand why it would sit monday through thursday before being delivered. o well -

Rob

Watkins uses alot of Interline carriers for freight that is not in their normal routes, it doesn't matter how close its to the terminal. The TMs will enter zip codes that that are not normal del. points into the system. They are flagged as Interline as soon as they are quoted and the bill will say which Interline carrier that will either pick it up or deliever it. They (WML) are also famous for not Del. until the due date,and then setting up an appointment. I have takin trailers loads of freight to Interline Carriers 2-3 times a week,and I mean 53ft loads,because the customers were not on the drivers normal routes. Things better change with the buyout or the investment will be wasted.

But they are supposed to be long haul and a "value" carrier, that would imply longer transit times to fill the trailers to capacity thus allowing for lower rates to the customer.

As for interlining, they will undoubtedly change that, maybe that's where the OD rumor comes from, gives them better density and ability to serve more direct...........

FN