ABF | way to go team

eckobay

TB Lurker
Credits
i have been laid off since oct and most everyone at my hog terminal is going to the bank each week with a brinks truck hauling their pay check. of course there are a few good ones that still work there that dont think its right to get 60+ hours when there are so many on layoff still, but they are the minority. most non-union carriers out here kept all their drivers through the econonic downturn. they did it by asking if guys could take an extra day off to let some lessor senior guy get enough hours to feed his family. a real "team" effort if you ask me. may be the next vote for the IBT should be for a name change. I would suggest the new name could be the IBGM. international bullshit group of meesters. or maybe they could call themselves the OOHC, the out of hours club. thanks to all the hogs at my terminal and a special thanks has to go out to a real piece of ::shit:: tm for his concern for me and all my other laid off brothers. with that kind of "me" first mentallity and lack of good management decisions, ABF is sure to follow in yellows footsteps, failure:eck13: :TR10driving03:

i have been laid off since oct and most everyone at my hog terminal is going to the bank each week with a brinks truck hauling their pay check. of course there are a few good ones that still work there that dont think its right to get 60+ hours when there are so many on layoff still, but they are the minority. most non-union carriers out here kept all their drivers through the econonic downturn. they did it by asking if guys could take an extra day off to let some lessor senior guy get enough hours to feed his family. a real "team" effort if you ask me. may be the next vote for the IBT should be for a name change. I would suggest the new name could be the IBGM. international bullshit group of meesters. or maybe they could call themselves the OOHC, the out of hours club. thanks to all the hogs at my terminal and a special thanks has to go out to a real piece of ::shit:: tm for his concern for me and all my other laid off brothers. with that kind of "me" first mentallity and lack of good management decisions, ABF is sure to follow in yellows footsteps, failure:eck13: :TR10driving03:

All of the non-union companies don't have the 'guaranteed" hours and the H/W cost. Heck, they can bring them in, work 6 hours and go home. And no h/w costs. No wonder the union companies have to do this.

Our guys are forced to 10 hour shifts, but none of them are signing up for 6 days. We have almost everyone working and are looking for casuals.

Have your steward file a grievence for excessive over time. My stew did that last year at 184 and won! They had to hire two more drivers. Which we needed.

no use

when the ot issue was brought up several months ago there was a sign up sheet that everyone agreed to sign which stated that eveyone was only willing to work the mandatoried ot but it was all just for show:Flame-On:. the same group of ot whores just made excuses why they got stuck working past the ten hr mark. the dispatcher was instructed to send pickups to the regular drivers and the whores when they were approaching their tenth hour so they wouldnt be able to refuse the work, not that they would anyway. the same whores that signed the sheet that stated they didnt want to work past 10 hrs would then wait until the coast was clear and make it perfectly clear to the dispatchers that they only signed the sheet so they woundt get ::shit:: from any of the real teamsters that were fighting for the return of the laidoff employees. we have 30 guys on our board and to this day 12 are still on layoff. the tm makes sure that the barn stays a hair below 25% ot to straight hrs ratio so the union cant force him to bring back anyone:Bondage:. the 140 terminal has to be the worst terminal in the abf system to work at. :eck15:. if someone feels that their terminal is worse, please tell let your story be heard.

this is not the case at our terminal. We are trying to get everyone back and working. So sads that the guys will not pull together.