Central Transport | We are getting raises.

I wont tell you my name but seems we will be working together lol. Shhh don't tell no one...
I have a question for INAM.....Do you mean retart?....I don't recall that word. And I'm fair in English ......Or is it just a slang term? I'm not being a smart azz.....I'm just curious.

is this another ploy. to keep the masses from leaving in swarms.:GrowUp: i'll believe it when I see it.. Show me the money.
The money is coming outwheeler....It's just how much. And how the wage tier will be structured. How many years will it take to be topped out... Will guys stuck at the bottom go straight to top pay if they have been here the time you should be topped out....And will they raise the top pay for seniors....The N.E. pays overtime .....The South doesn't....That won't change.....I think it will be based on the region as far as pay with the N.E. making more because the cost of living is higher.. SAIA in Dallas pays overtime after 45....Most others it's 55.....Except for the union lines which is after 8....And FedX of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
a little bump in pay and o.t. upped to 55, balancing it out to be even or less than what you make now. yeah, we're going to get 'raises' per hr but it will cancel out in o.t. i've seen these things done here so many times and it will be no different. if hourly rate increases without adjustment to o.t. or 2014 insurance adjustment, then it will be an actual pay increase.

a little bump in pay and o.t. upped to 55, balancing it out to be even or less than what you make now. yeah, we're going to get 'raises' per hr but it will cancel out in o.t. i've seen these things done here so many times and it will be no different. if hourly rate increases without adjustment to o.t. or 2014 insurance adjustment, then it will be an actual pay increase.
This is what I consider an intelligent post...Not positive but not totally negative either. A bit guarded and apprehensive. Which is understandable after all we have been through in the last 10 years. All I can say is no matter how this plays out don't let this job turn you into something less than you what to be. It's only a job and don't let it make you become vain and bitter. Rise above what this world tries to do at times to us all.....Beat us down...Remember what the "Train" has said from day one. A bit idealistic in this day and age. But still true. Happiness is an inside job, it always has been and always will be.

We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.

So, I guess we will be forced to resign and if we would like to stay with Vitran accept the new pay structure which is higher than you would be paid if you hired on with Vitran in the old days.

Vitran Team Members,

With the recommendation and approval of our new owners, I am pleased to inform you that we have begun the process of enhancing our starting rates for Vitran drivers across our system. Rate adjustments at several centers have already been implemented. Working in cooperation with the new ownership team, a review of all centers’ starting rates will be completed at a rate of several per week, and adjustments to competitive market rates will be made accordingly. Upon completion of this initiative, a new rate progression system will be established.

Although these adjustments only affect our drivers at this time, soon we will also be addressing a new rate structure for dockworkers and mechanics. We wanted to take this opportunity to inform all team members of some of the positive measures we are beginning to see at Vitran.

Sincerely,

Dean E. Kuska

Vice President, Human Resources & Safety

"screw everybody else"

I have a question for INAM.....Do you mean retart?....I don't recall that word. And I'm fair in English ......Or is it just a slang term? I'm not being a smart azz.....I'm just curious.

"Retart" ( ********) is the way shallow folks make fun of intellectually challenged persons. I have a niece with Down's, my bro and his wife decided to not abort her. I think it is rotten and pathetic to name call and make fun of ******** people. Even today the term "********" is rarely used. Better to call them mentally challenged I guess, but they are God's children just as all of us are. God Bless you Train, you are a Man in "good standing"!!

"Retart" ( ********) is the way shallow folks make fun of intellectually challenged persons. I have a niece with Down's, my bro and his wife decided to not abort her. I think it is rotten and pathetic to name call and make fun of ******** people. Even today the term "********" is rarely used. Better to call them mentally challenged I guess, but they are God's children just as all of us are. God Bless you Train, you are a Man in "good standing"!!
Several on here are good friends and play off each other. Several on here have multiple user names just to play sick mind games.

Can anyone tell me what they have done to mileage rates at the terminals that have " gotten raises" .. I keep hearing about hourly boosts , but nobody has spoke of mileage rates ... anybody ?? Thanks

I heard 3 cents......But that is not confirmed as of yet. Should be official in a few weeks. May be wishful thinking from linehaul out of Memphis.

Mr, Farmer, told Vitran to stick it in their @SS and now is the stud manager at CTII Grand Rapids. He and 8 other top performers told Keylon to stick it on Jan 5th this year and they have not looked back. Dammit this is fun is it not?
Indeed is it! Greg is a great manager. He only makes you work like you should and no one is going to intimidate him. If you don't want to do the job....Take a walk

HAhahaha. You were probably a POS driver. Any manager who keeps the same office safe for 15+ years is a damn good one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why does everybody got to be asses here..? God. Ct drivers don't have nothing to worry about. Vitran drivers need to worry. Thats all. Screw the rest. I'm done giving my info I get. Your all on your own. Good luck.

Why does everybody got to be asses here..? God. Ct drivers don't have nothing to worry about. Vitran drivers need to worry. Thats all. Screw the rest. I'm done giving my info I get. Your all on your own. Good luck.[/QUOTE

Not everyone is an azz as you claim. Some handle stress better than others. While some may appreciate your info., others question where your info comes from since you are a newcomer to the boards. Some may not like your demeaning avatar as I dislike it. To each their own, either accept it or stay silent on the boards. Have a great life, when you get to it.