Central Transport | we are PJAX NOT vitran anymore

pjaxup

TB Lurker
Credits
we are PJAX NOT vitran anymore! havant you heard
long time emp. but ready to leave now
all the bad changes, treating the drivers like dirt,and on and on.

i just wish the canada big boys would see whats really going on down here.
at my barn we can not keep drivers anymore {i do not blame them }
i would say 90% drivers what to leave
it was not this way before we bought pjax or the other way around

Thats 100% correct, No respect for employees, bad maintenance of vehicles, over ordering trailers when we need tractors, over staffing, late departures. Cashing in a profit check after such poor performance was immediate grounds for termination.

i like my job :) i cant lie ... although if i was a new guy or newer guy who hasnt got a raise ever id probally hate this place to

i know what u mean i wrk in chi for 2yrs was nice when i first was there but i left there in aug no raise and it was getting bad

pms

best so far a tractor 17,000 miles past pm OIL CHANGE

lots of 10,000 past pms im not lying.
then thay ***** that the engine needs lots of work :argue:
vibration in the sterings trans cannt fix yet gets worse then the trans gos out
can you say dumb ass

Thats 100% correct, No respect for employees, bad maintenance of vehicles, over ordering trailers when we need tractors, over staffing, late departures. Cashing in a profit check after such poor performance was immediate grounds for termination.

Our mechanic is dirty. Sold tires out the door (black market) all summer, now has no inventory to tread our tractors for the snow! Over a dozen trucks off line. Happy winter! Driving bald tires on trucks that have no heat,tires,etc, won't pass DOT. Awesome. Love Pjax/vitran. Reported it, never got anywhere....daily VIR's re intercepted and rewritten.....

it would have saved this company money to have given us a 5% increase instead of a cut. very few employees are going to perform at their best level with this kind of treatment.your best drivers and dock workers even management are gong to be where the money is.we will keep a few old timers that are in a sense stuck here because they cant start over for what they are making here. but the vast majority is looking to leave,and you cant tell me hiring new people every other day is cheaper than wage increases and 5% pay cuts

top pay not even close to most companys starting pay,plus we have very little benefits. no retirement, high cost sub par insurance.

Take time out and write to Mr Gaetz in Canada, maybe the more complaints they get about our lazy upper management, maybe they will do something, especially if it comes from all over the UnitedStates. They're getting paid damn good money to make sure the US side runs properly and smoothly. It's worth a try.

Last edited by a moderator:
is this the same company that was overland transportation in the 1980's ?

yep vitran owned overland then bought quast transfer out of minnesota in 1998 in 1999 they merged overland and quast and called the new company vitran express

gaetz knows who he hired and why to run the us ltl side. read the background on gaetz, he knows and approves everything,canadian and us sides. the buck stops with him as they say.

gaetz knows who he hired and why to run the us ltl side. read the background on gaetz, he knows and approves everything,canadian and us sides. the buck stops with him as they say.

I do believe he has the final say, but I also believe he doesn't know half of what goes on here. Did he hire them or were they part of the package deal? We shall see what happens.

at pjax even when slow we never took a cut,something else,a driver had someone vandalize his car slash his tires and donnie(pjax) had the tire company come replace them,he also gave employee loans for emergencies.(would ricky do that lol)

at pjax even when slow we never took a cut,something else,a driver had someone vandalize his car slash his tires and donnie(pjax) had the tire company come replace them,he also gave employee loans for emergencies.(would ricky do that lol)

You made an excellent point there Hoss73. Pjax was a family owned business so it was able to do special favors. Vitran now covers a good portion of the US plus Canada and is not family owned. How could they possibly give employee loans? There are still people at pjax that get "special favors" and get to sit on their lazy asses doin w/ever they feel like doing because management doesn't give a damn or is no better. But we have to remember when Vitran bought Pjax they didn't buy the Hammels. They left. Which is kind of an insult to the Hammels to say this is still Pjax. What Vitran got were the leftovers. Like leftover meatloaf.

Come on Vitran Canada, get some Prime Rib to run VITRAN USA, then you'll make some $$$$ and have a better working environment and happier employees, which in return will give you better quality work.

remember,the hommels still have 13% stock in vitran and maybe more.a group of investors trading out of grand caymen brought alot of stock in 2010 when it was offered.who has a house in grand caymam? donnie hommel.

remember,the hommels still have 13% stock in vitran and maybe more.a group of investors trading out of grand caymen brought alot of stock in 2010 when it was offered.who has a house in grand caymam? donnie hommel.

But does owning stock give them the say in what to do about upper management that are having "barn door" and stupidity problems? If so, why is Gaetz getting blamed for everything when the stockholders would be just to blame and the Hommels should know the trucking business and rules on the US side (especially after they were sued twice). I would imagine Canada has different rules and regulations and rely on DH to make sure the US operations are running properly. With the Hommels expertise it should be running smoother than what it is. Do you know the amount of say the stockholders have in running a business Vijax? I'm just curious, I really don't know.