SAIA | We are under attack

rl1211

TB Lurker
Credits
Ok I know times are getting tough and at the risk of sounding like a company guard dog I must step on my soap box.:soapbox:All these thiefts that are going on has to stop. Mangement and us have got to get our heads around this problem or we are going to losing customers right and left. Over the weekend in TFT someone went to the terminal got the keys to an 08 tractor and pulled a high dollar all computer pup out of there and the tractor and pup turned up somewhere in the city of ATL minus all the high dollar computers. This was an inside job. Look guys we have to protect our intrest. These are tough times in our buisness we all know that and these are problems that are occur far to often and they are getting more expensive. Let's try to do all we can to make hard for these criminals to hurt our bottom line and if you know anything report these A$$holes.

i wish i knew who was doing it at our terminal rl. our's also seems like someone with an inside source, or an inside job all together. hell....the company pays us enough to not need to steal anything to make a couple of bucks.

i wish i knew who was doing it at our terminal rl. our's also seems like someone with an inside source, or an inside job all together. hell....the company pays us enough to not need to steal anything to make a couple of bucks.

Once a thug always a thug,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Plaxico !!

It is amazing that a company would leave such a high-value load on an unsecure yard like TFT. No gate or anything. Anyone could go in there and take everything they had.

Just a week ago the cops pulled over a van near our yard and it had 11 tv's in it with the labels marked Walmart DC in Loveland CO.The guys fessed up that they stole it from our yard.It happend on a Sunday night so we didnt even know.We have a security guard present on the weekend but they cut through the fence and broke into 8 or 10 trailers I heard.Doesnt sound like an inside job since they didnt know the specific trailer#.If I remember right we had 1 or 2 pups stolen full of Dell in Austin a year or 2 ago.Found empty near Houston I think.

I think they busted someone on that Austin job!! A customer called about the tractor and trailers sitting at a roadside rest area near Austin!! They stole 2 tractors and 3 trailers a set and a single. We are not the only ones going through this!! All the freight companies and the railroad have this problem!! Its easier to steal than to make a honest living!!

they have hit out terminal 4 times the last time took the metal off the back of the shop and stole all of the tires, and this with a guard on duty, estes is down the road seems like they go from one to the other

All you drivers better CYA's EXTREMELY GOOD. Saia WILL NOT be responsible for any lost Dell's. Last man to touch them gets the blame, unless there is video of a masked person taking them. Then the TM gets axed. :1036316054: Saia is the only place I've ever seen that is more perfect the God.

I don't work for SAIA but we share a yard in Richmond and one of our drivers got mugged on the yard there. Of course with the area there that is not really surprising to me, but what is the secuirty people there for then? Oh, thats right, that means the security only works if they leave the shack and make a round around the yard to check things out. Don't see that happening.
Casper

I don't work for SAIA but we share a yard in Richmond and one of our drivers got mugged on the yard there. Of course with the area there that is not really surprising to me, but what is the secuirty people there for then? Oh, thats right, that means the security only works if they leave the shack and make a round around the yard to check things out. Don't see that happening.
Casper

so it's not just in GVL that the guards do that...or don't depending on how u wanna look at it?

Nope, not just in GVL. It was the same scenerio though, someone cut threw the fence, broke into a truck, the driver was inside the building and came back out to his truck to get smashed in the head and mugged. I had heard a "rumor" about it and well me being a female I called our terminal manager to ask him if it was true and he said it was true. And they wonder why I never did like staying on that yard. That area is full of them pay by the week hotels, that usually alot of degenerates stay at, there is even one right across the street. Where the driver parked his truck is like maybe 50 feet from the guard shack, but like usual, they were in there watching TV and playing with their cell phones. I mean yeah I know they are just unarmed "security" but come on.

I think It may be prudent, not to speak about what types of frieght we are hauling. especially when it come to high dollar freight. I sure as hell don't want to be run off the road, or being forced to stop and truck-jacked. We may want to stick with *****ing about the manhole covers we're hauling. Just a thought.

I would think anyone who was interested in a particular freight would stakeout the shipper and see what kind of trailers come in and out!! The only way to keep it a total secret would to ship out of area 51!! We have to keep our eyes open and pay attention to our surroundings!! The sad thing is most of what’s stolen is inside jobs!!

Had the pleasure of P&D Route in NYC, There, they just jump on Icc bumper while you are moving, break the lock/get into trailer/toss stuff out while you are still driving and buddies following pick-up the goods. Or if you prefer, while you unload to make inside delivery group approaches/ grab the goods and run, word to the wise do not give chase because while you are trying to retrieve your goods, you can only chase 1 BTW, the others will finish the rest of your deliveries, if you know what I mean. Worst yet you might not survive the beating you get when you catch the perpetrator. Oh one more thing 1st sentence pleasure, I lied it was HELL.

Why not invest in some nice digital cameras? Then the ones that are inside jobs can get a perp walk right out the building and be made an example. Its like we are not even tring to take steps to protect our customers frieght or in the case of the muggings their employees. I remember when a driver and the mechanic got robbed in MBL. The mechanic got beat so bad he lost his hearing in one ear. I know we can not stop thiefs but hell lets try to slow them down.

Had the pleasure of P&D Route in NYC, There, they just jump on Icc bumper while you are moving, break the lock/get into trailer/toss stuff out while you are still driving and buddies following pick-up the goods. Or if you prefer, while you unload to make inside delivery group approaches/ grab the goods and run, word to the wise do not give chase because while you are trying to retrieve your goods, you can only chase 1 BTW, the others will finish the rest of your deliveries, if you know what I mean. Worst yet you might not survive the beating you get when you catch the perpetrator. Oh one more thing 1st sentence pleasure, I lied it was HELL.

After hearing that heart warming story i have to get a "I LOVE NY" T-SHIRT!!