SAIA | We are under attack

Digital Cameras?? I was sitting here thinking about the cameras!! All of a sudden it came to me. If I was close enough to take a picture of someone stealing I should be able to report and identify them!! I could see it now hey you mister thief could you pick the box back up my flash didn’t go off!!

Digital Cameras?? I was sitting here thinking about the cameras!! All of a sudden it came to me. If I was close enough to take a picture of someone stealing I should be able to report and identify them!! I could see it now hey you mister thief could you pick the box back up my flash didn’t go off!!

i don't think he was talking about one you push a button on

My bad, sorry, shouldn't have mentioned high dollar loads, but errmmmmm this is no joke, this company considers socks and underwear high value just cuz they would be easy to sell once stolen. And I will never forget the high value load of dried pork fat to take to a company to make pork rinds. lol.
Casper

My bad, sorry, shouldn't have mentioned high dollar loads, but errmmmmm this is no joke, this company considers socks and underwear high value just cuz they would be easy to sell once stolen. And I will never forget the high value load of dried pork fat to take to a company to make pork rinds. lol.
Casper
you are right it's no joke and it's not just us, all truckers need to start watching whats going on on there yard when they come in

Just looking around, I can see why there are so many thefts at the terminal. When the company decides it wants it stopped, it will stop. Real security costs a lot of money!

with all joking and animosity out of the way, ALL drivers, Saia or not, SHOULD have a cell phone with picture/video capibilities. It's getting harder and harder to convict people without hard evedience like pictures or videos. Plus if something is wrong with your freight, you have some type of documentation.

We had some very expensive thefts, last month. Its no secret it was an inside job because they cut through a 7000 volt 16' high electric fence in the only spot it was disabled. The only trailer with the bolt lock cut had the most expensive products we haul in it. SEA term.
Cudos to our TM he immediatly called in a detective and reconfigured our yard so that only mt's are against the fence and all loads are bumped against the nose of those trailers= you cant get to the doors at all. All tractors are locked, keys collected and lock up in a safe in dispatch. I think they'll catch whoever did it eventually.
Last year we had a whole pallet of guns go missing, dumbass sold them not thinking "duh" the ATF has all those serial #'s on file and it wasnt long before someone named him to get a deal out of felony possesion of a stolen firearm. The FBI and ATF showed up to haul him away for a good long stint in a federal penn.
Criminals are stupid and a lot of high dollar stuff is traceable, a lot more than people think.

We have "Dramatic Stare Rabbits" and we use to have some babay foexes. The rabbits will make your head explode if they stare long enough...and the baby foxes will lick you to death if their mom doesn't find you first :1036316054:

It is getting bad out here guys. I just want us to Be safe and protect our intrest. Keep your head on a swivle at these dark terminals, turn your truck of so can hear someone walking up on you. Let's do everything in our power to protect ourselves first and our customers frieght.

Dang rl1211 you make me scared to leave the house!! If it comes to me or the customers freight I say good luck freight!! Mr. robber will have to talk to my a$$ and the bottom of my shoes because that’s all he is going to see of me!! I pray fear and adrenaline will help me run more than 10 feet before gasping for breath and passing out!!

We had a few thieves where I have worked in the past...............seriously 90% was an inside job......one place the two inbound bosses we're all in on it...the other place was a worker and the third place the security guard was supplementing his income by going through the paperwork the driver brought in on the weekend...calling his buddies and they came and unloaded it.......I have seen my share of thiefs and for the life of me I can't understand workers biting the hand that feeds them.....

we had the same problem at my company, they installed cameras and post a secruity guard after hours, Know the only thing they still is the IPASS AND PREPASS that are glued to the windshield of the truck.

I'm not going to mention any locations. One night, a long time ago, I was out of route and made a stop at a terminal that had an armed guard. I didn't know that the terminal had an armed guard until I saw his loaded holstered 357 lying on the table. I was there a good 10 minutes before the guard knew that I was on the dock. At another terminal,early early one morning, I opened the entry door to the dock and a piece of pipe fell on the concrete floor. I jumped a foot off the ground and then jumped again when an employee came out of the office with a pistol on his hip. The pipe was positioned to fall if the door was opened. Pretty effective warning system.

Merry Christmas to all

i'm not going to mention any locations. One night, a long time ago, i was out of route and made a stop at a terminal that had an armed guard. I didn't know that the terminal had an armed guard until i saw his loaded holstered 357 lying on the table. I was there a good 10 minutes before the guard knew that i was on the dock. At another terminal,early early one morning, i opened the entry door to the dock and a piece of pipe fell on the concrete floor. I jumped a foot off the ground and then jumped again when an employee came out of the office with a pistol on his hip. The pipe was positioned to fall if the door was opened. Pretty effective warning system.

Merry christmas to all

just a guess!! Tyl??

Dancing Chicken,
I guess its reputation and its dust bowl yard are known far and wide. I found out the hard way about the dust bowl yard. One night I had just broken down a set of pups. The tractor door was open and I was about to step up into the cab when the air valve vented off excess pressure straight down into the dust. After the dust settled, the inside of that tractor looked as if I had been driving in a sandstorm with the window down.