XPO | We Could All Use Some Nuts Right About Now

Merdock

Kool-aid-aholic
Credits
In reviewing a lot of the recent threads you kinda see the opinions coming down to us versus them. Us being the drivers and them being management. Or, us being the junior guys versus the thems, older drivers. But to take a step back and look at this as something other than a company problem what emerges is a difference in generations. Much is written and preached in H.R. training in how to get the Generation X employees to work along side the Baby Boomer's. And, are your senior managers Boomer's or Xer's? Learn the difference and perceptions each has toward one another and ask yourself... can't we all just get along?

There is a lot of stuff influencing corporate decisions and our own perspectives of these elements of influence right now in all our lives. But establishing governing principles in our task will help set the direction in which we will travel and also establish obtainable goals along the way.

But then I remembered my nuts... A.C.O.R.N.
The ACORN Imperatives

Oh, and here is a little preview. 'O' is for "Operate from a sophisticated management style". This is where Dave ran the ship aground with his first mate Marty.

In reviewing a lot of the recent threads you kinda see the opinions coming down to us versus them. Us being the drivers and them being management. Or, us being the junior guys versus the thems, older drivers. But to take a step back and look at this as something other than a company problem what emerges is a difference in generations. Much is written and preached in H.R. training in how to get the Generation X employees to work along side the Baby Boomer's. And, are your senior managers Boomer's or Xer's? Learn the difference and perceptions each has toward one another and ask yourself... can't we all just get along?

There is a lot of stuff influencing corporate decisions and our own perspectives of these elements of influence right now in all our lives. But establishing governing principles in our task will help set the direction in which we will travel and also establish obtainable goals along the way.

But then I remembered my nuts... A.C.O.R.N.
The ACORN Imperatives

Oh, and here is a little preview. 'O' is for "Operate from a sophisticated management style". This is where Dave ran the ship aground with his first mate Marty.

I had a very similar discussion with a long time friend and fellow SCM yesterday about this very subject...We asked alot of questions during the conversation, but were able to come up with nothing more than speculative answers, and that is very frustrating for alot of SCMs...