R&L | We getting a raise???????

fubar

TB Lurker
Credits
Anyone think we will be getting a raise this coming year? They threw us a bone and we got our personal days back and 401k. Will they use YRC and the economy again to justify not giving another raise again? Whats everyone think?

I hope they will but I think they wont.Now that being said my TM said our numbers are way above last years numbers so keep your fingers crossed.

Wow fubar that did not take you long to find something else to complain about why not be thankful you have a job and that they do not ask you to give back 10% of your wages like YRC. dand man grow up if you don't like the company move on if you like your job shut up and do it.

Wow fubar that did not take you long to find something else to complain about why not be thankful you have a job and that they do not ask you to give back 10% of your wages like YRC. dand man grow up if you don't like the company move on if you like your job shut up and do it.

You know, all he was asking was what everyone thought was the chance of raises this year. I didn't see anything in his question that warranted that type of a hateful response. Your posts are almost text book company responses. If this is not the case, maybe you should try decafe.:wink:

Anyone have the pay scale to reach the peak ? I just started full time after working for while as a temp. $16.20 to start. Very nice folks btw, at least in my small terminal. Thanks

Anyone have the pay scale to reach the peak ? I just started full time after working for while as a temp. $16.20 to start. Very nice folks btw, at least in my small terminal. Thanks

4 years of service gets top rate.
the pay scale is different based on where you live.

You know, all he was asking was what everyone thought was the chance of raises this year. I didn't see anything in his question that warranted that type of a hateful response. Your posts are almost text book company responses. If this is not the case, maybe you should try decafe.:wink:
Thanks sapper! I didn't think i was coming off to strong with that post. I wouldn't hesitate to ask the management in WIL the same question.

Did you guys have to purchase your own pallet jack and hand truck? I was told I needed to. thanks

yeah you do, which i personally think is a good idea. you can pay as little as 5$ a week,you dont have to worry about running around everyday trying to find a good jack, plus write it off with your taxes, as well as your cell phone bill if you give it to them and they use it to get a hold of you. i write off my entire cell phone bill for the year for that reason. you may not get back all you put into it, but then again them calling you really isnt costing you a whole lot, if anything at all.

Should I get a narrow or wide one, Ive already run into the wider one not fitting in double runner pallets and had to hand unload . thanks

i think r&l only has the one size.

The wide size is the normal spacing for pallet jacks.They are much more stable than the narrow ones, especially with heavy or tall skids.If you are having a problem with double runner skids, have a talk with the dock super or dispatch.If you approach it from the angle that you would like to be more productive but can't because you are spending all your time unloading skids, the dock might be prompted to ensure that your freight is loaded on standard skids.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's funny!
The wide size is the normal spacing for pallet jacks.They are much more stable than the narrow ones, especially with heavy or tall skids.If you are having a problem with double runner skids, have a talk with the dock super or dispatch.If you approach it from the angle that you would like to be more productive but can't because you are spending all your time unloading skids, the dock might be prompted to ensure that your freight is loaded on standard skids.

you think we will get a raise?

IMHO think again, they gave us back the sick days what does not cost the company anything( your fellow drivers will just have to work harder that day) and they opened up the 401K , and now we are already on notice that our healthcare will go up, meaning r/l will not put up with higher cost, so you can see the way of thinking.I have been with R/L for twenty years, have a peddle run of between 250-325 miles, 16-23 stops and 4-6 pick locations with over 20 pick up bills.Full out and full in and double stacked many times, so I do more than my share.Yet, when I say , boss I need and deserve a raise they say no, when I say give a merit raise they say no, we cannot make an exception for you.So, they cannot make an exception for me at the pay end but they damn sure make me an exception at the P/D end.I will wait and see but no raise for me this year (and I am 63 yrs old) and this driver will haul ass and retire.I am not going to give it another shot with another company either
because who wants to hire a 63 yr old? I believe I can do it and I sure will.

IMHO think again, they gave us back the sick days what does not cost the company anything( your fellow drivers will just have to work harder that day) and they opened up the 401K , and now we are already on notice that our healthcare will go up, meaning r/l will not put up with higher cost, so you can see the way of thinking.I have been with R/L for twenty years, have a peddle run of between 250-325 miles, 16-23 stops and 4-6 pick locations with over 20 pick up bills.Full out and full in and double stacked many times, so I do more than my share.Yet, when I say , boss I need and deserve a raise they say no, when I say give a merit raise they say no, we cannot make an exception for you.So, they cannot make an exception for me at the pay end but they damn sure make me an exception at the P/D end.I will wait and see but no raise for me this year (and I am 63 yrs old) and this driver will haul ass and retire.I am not going to give it another shot with another company either
because who wants to hire a 63 yr old? I believe I can do it and I sure will.

It is truly a shame when a twenty year employee can't get a merit raise. It is another indication that the company does not cares for its people. Do they not realize that they are going to deep six this company with these buisness practices?