R&L | We getting a raise???????

and now we are already on notice that our healthcare will go up, meaning r/l will not put up with higher cost, so you can see the way of thinking.
Haven't heard anything like that yet but it wouldn't surprise me. Thats why I started this thread. Just wanted too see what everyone's thought's were. No raise, cost of ins. possibly going up, temp drivers and combo drivers getting the high paying runs. We'll see what April brings if I need to move on also!

I don't know how you came up with $22 per week. Single coverage is going up $5 per week, Family coverage $10 per week. Don't worry R+L will still make money on this. They say their expenses went up $2 million. Figure it out. 10,000 employees. How many take our insurance? times the 5 or 10 dollars per week. They will come out ahead. They know how to make money on what appears to be a bad situation.

Be careful on the accusations. The memo said health care cost incresed by millions not 2 million. R & L is under no obligation to pay for any portion of our health care plans, but they do. They could just stop offering plans all together like alot of companies are doing. I would challange anyone on the family plan that feels like they are getting screwed by R & L to go out and attempt to purchase a plan direct from a insurance company. If you can get the same coverage cheaper please let me know, I will be the first to make the switch.

Be careful on the accusations. The memo said health care cost incresed by millions not 2 million. R & L is under no obligation to pay for any portion of our health care plans, but they do. They could just stop offering plans all together like alot of companies are doing. I would challange anyone on the family plan that feels like they are getting screwed by R & L to go out and attempt to purchase a plan direct from a insurance company. If you can get the same coverage cheaper please let me know, I will be the first to make the switch.

they are under no obligation, but we deserve it because we are the reason this company is where it is. yes they could stop offering plans, but this company is doing very well. are we supposed to just go to THAT default every time this type of thing comes up? do you understand how that type of action would hurt this company? (and dont get me wrong, im not saying they would even consider doing something that ridiculous) i know that one of the really good things about r&l is the fact that insurance costs are at a minimun to the employees for the most point, but you cant just take that stance when somebody doesnt want to pay more for something. as i said, r&l is doing very well right now, you cant just ignore that and say 'well if you dont like it, go elsewhere' (for insurance)

All I can say is Insurance has been raised 3 TIMES and we have not had a single raise since it has been raised these 3 TIMES...

Went from $20.00 to $27.50, and not long after that, it went to $42.00, and now its going to $52.00.

So basically for family coverage, we are paying $32.00 more a week, or $1664.00 a year more.

OK I've said it before but i guess I'll say it again.

Add up all you have paid into your health ins. since you started at R&L.

If you have received more than that in benefits ( health, dental, vision, prescriptions, short term disability ) you're money ahead.
I challenge all of you to add it up and see if your ahead or behind, most will find you are ahead.
If you have ever had a catastrophic health issue you are WAY AHEAD.
I URGE YOU TO DO THE MATH

Nope,Ive put way more in than Ive gotten out.

If you say so I have to believe you, you know your situation not me.
But it will be there if you need it.
As I said one catastrophic illness and you'll get way more in return. One surgery, with a minimal hospital stay and you would come out ahead.

I'm not excited about the increases in cost either, but with the amount the insurance pays my sons cardiologist every couple of years plus what they pay on the rest of the family I know I come out way ahead. And it is far better coverage than my previous employer offered and at less cost, and that was fourteen years ago.

If you have ever had a catastrophic health issue you are WAY AHEAD.
I URGE YOU TO DO THE MATH

No need for me to do the math, I'm way ahead. Spent a few days in ICU,
then about two months recovering with weekly doctor visits.
The fact that I had pretty good health insurance kept it a minimal event as far as finances went.

Lets face it guys, EVERYBODYS health insurance is going up thanks to our "dear leader".
That's what their goal was, to make everybody scream,
That way later on they could come to the rescue and force us all on a single payer plan.
That's been the dems goal for a long time as far as health care.

Ask around and you'll be surprised just how little we pay for ours in comparision to others.
My little brother works as a mechanic at a dealership, he pays over $130 a week.
We've compared, his dental is better, but my out-of -pocket max is less.

I don't like it going up, but you really won't hear me b*%$#ing about it though...

Wow, I thought the healthcare was gonna be free when Obama care got passed. I thought R&L would stop taking money out of our check for health insurance.

Wow, I thought the healthcare was gonna be free when Obama care got passed. I thought R&L would stop taking money out of our check for health insurance.
If you are naive enough to believe that anything (especially insurance) is free, then you need to crack open a newspaper. Obamascare doesn't roll out until 2014 at which time many more employers will be forced to buy insurance for their employees. Look up supply and demand on the internet. Health plans may become cheaper if this liberal-minded garbage actually comes to fruition, but here's the part that some of you obviously haven't heard about. As an interim measure, virtually every insurance company has tightened their policies for individual and company plans in anticipation of not being able to decline applicants in 2014.
Did you know that breast implants are now considered a pre-existing condition with the major insurers including Anthem Blue Coss? For the next 4 years, at least 3% (the conservative estimate) of the female population of the U.S. cannot even buy an individual insurance policy? If you don't believe this, make a call to Anthem, tell them your wife had an augmentation and that you want to buy a policy. (check back in here after you make the call)
Insurance costs are a pain the @ss, right up until you need to use the insurance. My father fell and broke a hip in 2003, checked into an ER at 10:30 p.m. and died on Tuesday afternoon at 2:00 pm. That short stay (without any surgery) came back with an $86,000 bill. That translates to one to three years gross wages for most Americans. Are you financially sound enough to come up with that kind of money on your own?
Take a deep breath, look for something to be greatful for, and thank your lucky stars that you have a job with an employer that chooses to continue to provide healthcare as part of it's Health and Welfare program.

Wow, I was just kidding dude...[ Maybe just maybe the Republicans might just do something and bring it up in the house to REPEAL this stupid bunch of legislation. I know the American people that put them in control of the House of Represenatives sent them a mandate to do this. I hope they don't waste this opportunity like the did in 1994.

QUOTE=oneeightyfive;50898]If you are naive enough to believe that anything (especially insurance) is free, then you need to crack open a newspaper. Obamascare doesn't roll out until 2014 at which time many more employers will be forced to buy insurance for their employees. Look up supply and demand on the internet. Health plans may become cheaper if this liberal-minded garbage actually comes to fruition, but here's the part that some of you obviously haven't heard about. As an interim measure, virtually every insurance company has tightened their policies for individual and company plans in anticipation of not being able to decline applicants in 2014.
Did you know that breast implants are now considered a pre-existing condition with the major insurers including Anthem Blue Coss? For the next 4 years, at least 3% (the conservative estimate) of the female population of the U.S. cannot even buy an individual insurance policy? If you don't believe this, make a call to Anthem, tell them your wife had an augmentation and that you want to buy a policy. (check back in here after you make the call)
Insurance costs are a pain the @ss, right up until you need to use the insurance. My father fell and broke a hip in 2003, checked into an ER at 10:30 p.m. and died on Tuesday afternoon at 2:00 pm. That short stay (without any surgery) came back with an $86,000 bill. That translates to one to three years gross wages for most Americans. Are you financially sound enough to come up with that kind of money on your own?
Take a deep breath, look for something to be greatful for, and thank your lucky stars that you have a job with an employer that chooses to continue to provide healthcare as part of it's Health and Welfare program.[/QUOTE]

We are way up in are Bill count for outbound and inbound. We have been on the upside for over four mo's. Almost every truck comes in full. Picked up alot of Fedex accounts. And some Conway freight.

Raises

Face it guys. R+L healthcare premium costs are low for the industry but over the past years our coverage has gone down (more out of pocket) and premiums have gone up per week. We all want the Roberts to make money. Its their business and they have done very well even with the bad economy. They did take advantage of their employees over the past years when they could by following other trucking companies lead. They are smart. They know their employees. Dock workers are not going to do better with their carreers. Mostly un educated and doing the best they can. Drivers have better opportunities but are taken advantage of and are always threatened if you don't like it go somewhere else. The professional people at R+L usually stay here to something else comes up better. The economy will get better. Dock worksers will stay. Some drivers will leave. Degreed professionals will either go because of better pay or will be offered more money to stay. Anyway- The Roberts make millions and live lives that we never will. Don't pay O.T. Work there drivers to death and will find ways to grow their empire. So R+L employees. Stay if you have no other options. Do a good job and you might get a 3% raise this year. Don't worry- That 3% raise you got. You paid for it the last couple years when you lost your sick days and 401k match, etc..

Just curious how R&L gets by without paying any overtime when other non union carriers do such as Conway which is anything over 45. Thanks