We have a reputation...

wiggletrain

TB Lurker
Credits
...for being a crappy place to work for drivers. It's gotten so bad that the powers to be have come up with the idea to park this truck just off the Interstate begging for people to work for us...

syscodumbass.jpg

Problem is: they put the wrong phone number on there. It's not Sysco's number. It's Dish Network. You call that number and you can get a free IPad when you sign up for their service.

H.O.L.Y C.R.A.P!!

...for being a crappy place to work for drivers. It's gotten so bad that the powers to be have come up with the idea to park this truck just off the Interstate begging for people to work for us...

syscodumbass.jpg

Problem is: they put the wrong phone number on there. It's not Sysco's number. It's Dish Network. You call that number and you can get a free IPad when you sign up for their service.

H.O.L.Y C.R.A.P!!

Same here, we have to train drivers with an automatic restriction, seasoned drivers don't want to work for us, they have taken our freedoms away, and mgmt with little to no driving experience think they know whats best for us, thats the definition of communism, its getting unbearable here, moral is in the toilet, when our guys talk to the other food guys about coming over here, they laugh at us, its embarrassing at best.

Use to be, a person would work for US Foods or the like as a stepping stone to get to Sysco, we were the best of the best, sad to say, we are the stepping stone now.

Its hard to take pride in my job when mgmt cuts my throat, they give me a slow underpowered truck that is a rolling hazzard, I run up to 50K over gross on any given night, they micro manage me to death, my 22 yrs experience means nothing to these kids....I could go on WT....its just a pay check, I know some day soon I will find a job where I'm valued, it has to be out there somewhere.

BTW, I called the number, your spot on! What an embarrassment. Go Sysco!

I feel bad for all the guys at Apperts. Alot of em think it's going to be such a great thing. Better pay and benefits. But they don't really know what sysco is like. I hope things stay the way they are there and not get as bad as some warehouses

Well I saw the ad on Craigslist. Usually alot of people say when there is a sign on bonus to be a driver it means turnover is high.

We have sign on bonus out of Topeka. Just because we can't find drivers. No turnover unless you count retirement or being fired for dumb stuff.

We have sign on bonus out of Topeka. Just because we can't find drivers. No turnover unless you count retirement or being fired for dumb stuff.

Yeah I know. I worked at US Foods for a year. I always thought Sysco was better. Figure with all the CSA and hos they were hiring Otr guys who didn't want to unload. That's what us foods did when I got hired over beverage guys. They were looking more at Otr guys.

Beer and pop guys usually do well here, OTR guys? Why the hell take one over a beverage guy, at least them guys know what unloading by hand is, in our yard we have 2 brand new guys from pepsi, and 2 that used to work there, one from budweiser and one from coke, they are all doing well and seem to like the job.

We don't have a sign on bonus here, we are to cheap I am guessing, from the looks of our trailers and most of our trucks, and the reactive approach to tires and equipment failure in general.

No doubt beverage guys would be ideal. Me and another guy were Otr guys made it at US foods. The other guy is still there they hired us over beverage guys. Found out later. Not saying they do that all the time but I seen other Otr guys come in. Maybe they like us lazy guys. Yup on Sysco website for my area 2k bonus saw it on there.

No doubt beverage guys would be ideal. Me and another guy were Otr guys made it at US foods. The other guy is still there they hired us over beverage guys. Found out later. Not saying they do that all the time but I seen other Otr guys come in. Maybe they like us lazy guys. Yup on Sysco website for my area 2k bonus saw it on there.

I would really have a hard time recommending Sysco to anyone, its sad to say but to work here you have to have really thick skin, we don't get much support, mostly beatdowns, thank God for the Union, I wouldn't come within 10 miles of this place if this was a non union house.

Sysco MN has a bad reputation to. They have a 2500 hiring bonus and they are constantly looking for drivers. They can't get any especially with the 14.50 a hr starting pay. Also from what I here they bid on routes every week. Now sysco Asian foods doesn't seem to have a bad reputation. They can find drivers and they have a lower driver turnover rate. I've tried to tell my buddy about other jobs but he's like I won't find a job that pays this much and only 4 days a week. I told him in 20 years when you can barely walk and move you might think back and wished you made the switch. He's one of those guys that runs and is always in a hurry. What I'm saying is people know what sysco and Foodservice is about. People know how hard it is on the body and they don't want to put there body thru that kind of abuse. Yeah some people are just lazy but some people also know how crappy the job is

I would like to say, Sysco checks don't bounce, when we can get paid right. They ask alot of us, all I would like is some mgmt support, and how bout a job well done every now and again!

We are all human, I think everyone likes being told they are valued and doing a good job, they sure as hell let us know when we screw up! I wish there wasn't such an us against them attitude. That would make the working environment much better.

Agreed, GT. if Sysco middle and upper management would take a step back and look at the whole situation they could see that it's not that we don't want to work, but that if they would show a little gratitude us, as drivers, would go a lot further to raise the bar when needed.

I see too many seasoned guys at Sysco that have given up on the company. Decided that all it is is a decent paycheck. And it is that, a very decent paycheck.

Sysco should understand that the customers react to a company based on employee moral, and ours as a whole is turning to ****. Not good.

I did 11 years with Canada dry those type of jobs are getting harder to hire for by the day. Started in 97 be 05 we were hiring 25 to 30 guys in the summer maybe 2 stayed. The turnover is just crazy, kids coming up just don't want to work that hard for a check. I liked the hours but I started at 21 by 32 my body was starting to feel the affects so I knew it was time for a change.

I did 11 years with Canada dry those type of jobs are getting harder to hire for by the day. Started in 97 be 05 we were hiring 25 to 30 guys in the summer maybe 2 stayed. The turnover is just crazy, kids coming up just don't want to work that hard for a check. I liked the hours but I started at 21 by 32 my body was starting to feel the affects so I knew it was time for a change.

I know your right ltl1, my body took a dump on me too, I changed to night shuttle, I really miss delivery and the work and customers but it just started to hurt to bad.

well i have had a couple friends ask how sysco was if they were hiring. and tell them the pay benis are good but be prepared to work for it.. and they say their job is hard pulling the pallets off the truck...lol.. i tell them about the job and they either say wtf you do all that and say f@ck it... or say i can do it... and 90% of the time they dont realize what we do and leave... lol and i say i told you so

I've done both OTR and beverage. Sysco is the most restrictive company to work for not to mention taking perks away (retirement) I guess next they will monitor how many bathroom breaks you get a day. Central Al has a reputation also as a hire/fire. They have resorted to shuttle yards to fill driver slots