XPO | We have had 2 consecutive quarters with Operating Ratio ABOVE 95 - Now what?

icuicp

TB Veteran
Credits
Isn't this suppose to trigger something? I don't want to mis-remember , but in a video a while ago , 2 quarters above 95 operating ratio meant something.

Isn't this suppose to trigger something? I don't want to mis-remember , but in a video a while ago , 2 quarters above 95 operating ratio meant something.

It was UNDER 95. Smaller is better when you're talking about O/R. We hit 95.8 this quarter.

And we were supposed to get our 5% back at that point. Which we received early.

It was UNDER 95. Smaller is better when you're talking about O/R. We hit 95.8 this quarter.

And we were supposed to get our 5% back at that point. Which we received early.
My mistake. Thank you. Under 95.

Well bury this post. If the trigger is two under , then there still won't be a return of the whole deal.
Thanks for the correction. And apologies to any misinformed.

So I guess the 401k increase that took the place of my pension is now less than it was before they increased it? Im :confused:

I actually believe that reinstating the 401k was never in the ultimate plan. Just as they knew the ICP was gonna pay out huge (when times were good) if all three companies were under one umbrella. Our bonuses are now small yet some I see in the proxy are still quite, well, huge.

I actually believe that reinstating the 401k was never in the ultimate plan. Just as they knew the ICP was gonna pay out huge (when times were good) if all three companies were under one umbrella. Our bonuses are now small yet some I see in the proxy are still quite, well, huge.

They intentionally set the bar too high...hoping it would never be met.

Now that the measure has been met they need to pony up on the promises...

Guess what???...not gonna happen...it is the Dougie Doofus methodology of how to handle personnel issues...lie to them...blow smoke...and if it flies at the BOD level all is good!!!!

Rat

They intentionally set the bar too high...hoping it would never be met.

Now that the measure has been met they need to pony up on the promises...

Guess what???...not gonna happen...it is the Dougie Doofus methodology of how to handle personnel issues...lie to them...blow smoke...and if it flies at the BOD level all is good!!!!

Rat

They ponied up before it was ever met. We have got everything back that they said we would. We still get more for a 401k than most companies and we don't even have to contribute our own money to get it. For someone who left Con-way you sure care alot about what happens here. Do you regret leaving?

They ponied up before it was ever met. We have got everything back that they said we would. We still get more for a 401k than most companies and we don't even have to contribute our own money to get it. For someone who left Con-way you sure care alot about what happens here. Do you regret leaving?

You know I like my job but I don't like being lied too and they have lied for a long time and they did say we would get the 401 back which we still have not yes we got back our 5 % but that was it !! Corporate pigs Still getting there's what's fair about that !!!

We DID NOT get everything back that they said we would. THEY SAID we would get our 401k match back.

Most companies are or were matching 6%. We were brought up go a 6% match and a 3% quarterly contribution to take the place of the pension we lost. Now, I have lost the 6% match I think permanently. Either way, they came out smelling the roses. Between 401k and the eradication after ICP, they are saving........

It's all gonna be crap in a few months again. Triple dip recession gonna kill the economy. If the company was making crazy money. We would likely be getting compensated better. As it stands, we still get compensated better than most.

Leaving Con-Way was one of the smartest decisions I ever made.

No regrets whatsoever. Contrary to what the company may want you to believe there is life after Con-Way!

Due to the fact I spent a decade with the company I have many friends still employed there.

That is the reason I post on this board...many of them know who I am...and ask my opinion on certain things.

Con-Way has screwed myriads of people over the last several years...all in the name of "profit" as they see it.

Your CEO and BOD take advantage of the people every chance they get.

All in the name of survival (plus corporate bonuses)...or at least their slant on it.

There are lots of opportunities out there...and I would admonish every employee of the company to check them out. They have garnered a name for themselves that smacks of Matty Maroun.

caveat emptor!!!

Rat

Leaving Con-Way was one of the smartest decisions I ever made.

No regrets whatsoever. Contrary to what the company may want you to believe there is life after Con-Way!

Due to the fact I spent a decade with the company I have many friends still employed there.

That is the reason I post on this board...many of them know who I am...and ask my opinion on certain things.

Con-Way has screwed myriads of people over the last several years...all in the name of "profit" as they see it.

Your CEO and BOD take advantage of the people every chance they get.

All in the name of survival (plus corporate bonuses)...or at least their slant on it.

There are lots of opportunities out there...and I would admonish every employee of the company to check them out. They have garnered a name for themselves that smacks of Matty Maroun.

caveat emptor!!!

Rat

I'm aware of the risks, but I think you run those risks at any company. I'm not giving up my seniority. That's just my opinion. I've got it made. I don 't think it would be much different at any other LTL.

Most companies are or were matching 6%. We were brought up go a 6% match and a 3% quarterly contribution to take the place of the pension we lost. Now, I have lost the 6% match I think permanently. Either way, they came out smelling the roses. Between 401k and the eradication after ICP, they are saving........
Name one company who matches 6%. Most match half of 6% which if my math is right is 3% that you have to put your own money in to receive. We get 3% simply for showing up to work. I do miss the match as well but I still do just fine with the 3% quarterly.

We never got a 6% match. We got 50% of what we contributed up to 6%. Which equals a 3% match.

There was never any stated plan for us to get that back. Every updated we ever had mentioned that.