We have won!!!!

Not a company boy. My guess is this is a post from someone desperate because he crossed the line and now knows he has to pay the piper.

Won a Big Battle...

...But the war continues for a while longer. This sure makes the Turkey taste better today.:D: That and for me and the wife our daughter produced another grandson late Wednesday. He sort of got his good looks from me.:biglaugh:

The Labor Board has found that our Unfair Labor Practice Charges against Oak Harbor Freight Lines have merit. John Payne (OHFL lawyer) has just received news of this today. In the absence of a settlement, the National Labor Relations Board, Region 19 will issue a Complaint and take Oak Harbor to trial on the following charges:

Improperly establishing and controlling a "Drivers' Committee" and directly dealing with employees through that committee.

Soliciting grievances through the Drivers' Committee, promising benefits, and granting benefits to employees.

Making unilateral changes to the Dock Workers' bid system.

Unilaterally revoking the policy of allowing time off weekend work to attend
Union meetings at the Auburn terminal.

The Board also agreed with our position that the strike is an Unfair Labor Practice Strike. This means that Oak Harbor does not have the privilege of permanently replacing the strikers. The Unfair Labor Practice concerning surface bargaining is still under investigation, but we hope to get that completed very soon, possibly in the next couple of weeks. This is great news and will hopefully force Oak Harbor to reassess its options.

And a note to Russ S. in Eugene. Thanks for the holiday wish. You really took us by surprise and I couldn't think of your name fast enough to wish you the same.

Ed, The wooden shoes have dry rot.

This means that my dad gets his job back? Does this mean that the OHFL drivers that crossed are the same as the "Replacement" drivers?

RRR.

What about charges still pending from 7/25/08 for direct dealing/bypassing the union and 10/31/08 for bad faith bargaining?
On the NLRP website it seems that the vp's have a pattern of the same offenses. You would think they would learn.

They have always felt that they were above the law. Be it
discrimination ,FMLA, Hazmat rules,weight limits,hours of service ,etc.etc.etc. Arrogance knows no bounds .Fortunately the law sets limits, and they eventually get spanked ,but still never learn.

The Unfair Labor Practice concerning surface bargaining is still under investigation

I would agree at this point, don't count your chickens just yet, remember as I read, it only stated that they found "merit" in the charges. There hasn't been any findings or conclusions made at this point. The fat lady is still waiting in the bullpen

I will take any victory at this point. ohfl has lost simular charges in the past. They have a history of not playing by the rules. If any of you say posting by the wench before he was erased you will see that the line crossers are running scared.

I will take any victory at this point. ohfl has lost simular charges in the past. They have a history of not playing by the rules. If any of you say posting by the wench before he was erased you will see that the line crossers are running scared.

I agree! Not to mention the amount of business that they have lost. They update their website, and try to make it sound as if everything is running great, or improving, but we know better, and it is up to us to keep the pressure on! Inform our customers the REAL facts, and prove how the company just keeps lying to the customers.
Just wait until we start telling our customers about ohfl loosing the ULP charges. :hysterical:
These two monkeys just don't get it! They have lost, and are not smart enough to figure it out!:chairshot:
Come on d&e pull your heads out, and get a clue!

Go and visit Oak Harbor Teamsters - Home Page
At the bottom of the page is a live broadcast. Please take the time to listen to it about 17 minutes. We are not in this alone. The International Labor Relations Forum has conducted a survey and find that Oak Habor is in violation of international labor laws. Jc Penny, the Gap, Kmart & Burington Coat Factory have signed agreements not to participate in these labor violations. Ohhl is part of their supply chains so they are in violation also. How long do you thing these companies will continue with ohfl if they might be fined also?